PDA

View Full Version : IMF: Eurozone crisis threatens 'global spillovers'

5.56NATO
06-20-2011, 09:45 AM
"LUXEMBOURG (AP) — The International Monetary Fund is warning that Europe's debt crisis could have "large global spillovers" if bolder action isn't taken.

The warning comes as the international crisis lender and the eurozone work on clearing the next euro12 billion installment of bailout loans to Greece. The money is needed to keep Greece from defaulting on its debts and spreading financial turmoil by deterring lending by bond markets to other governments.

The IMF says the eurozone needs to expand the powers of its bailout fund and avoid any impression that bailouts mean debt restructuring that would hurt bondholders.

It says in a statement that "failure to undertake decisive action could rapidly spread tensions to the core of the euro area and result in large global spillovers.""

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/imf-eurozone-crisis-threatens-global-spillovers-140114071.html

O.S.O.K.
06-20-2011, 11:01 AM
As I said earlier, "we are on the cusp".

There are so many indicators pointing to this that it just can't be denied.

Most experts are also now saying that we've gone past the point of prevention.

And what I'm taking away from this is that I must do whatever I can to prepare and create a safe haven for my family.

imanaknut
06-20-2011, 11:50 AM
In other words:
"Dear USA, we know we have been nasty to you lately, but please forgive us and bail us out once again, please, please, please."

mriddick
06-20-2011, 12:19 PM
I figure I'm setting pretty good no matter what goes on, I doubt for the vast majority of us nothing more then higher interest rates will come out of this. But even if that happens I'll probably end up coming out better for it then I am now...

5.56NATO
06-20-2011, 05:36 PM
I wonder if they'll nationalise some industries and/or throw in government lands and properties as collateral? The banksters want control of governments. They also want properties, industries, mineral rights and so on, sure, but they want control of everything most of all. They want every human to have a chip implanted in them in order to partake of their police state control grid and its "benefits".

mriddick
06-20-2011, 05:38 PM
I wonder if they'll nationalise some industries and/or throw in government lands and properties as collateral? The banksters want control of governments. They also want properties, industries, mineral rights and so on, sure, but they want control of everything most of all. They want every human to have a chip implanted in them in order to partake of their police state control grid and its "benefits".

It would be easier and quicker to sell off the natural resources which they really ought to.

Warthogg
06-20-2011, 05:46 PM
"LUXEMBOURG (AP) — The International Monetary Fund is warning that Europe's debt crisis could have "large global spillovers" if bolder action isn't taken.

The warning comes as the international crisis lender and the eurozone work on clearing the next euro12 billion installment of bailout loans to Greece. The money is needed to keep Greece from defaulting on its debts and spreading financial turmoil by deterring lending by bond markets to other governments.

The IMF says the eurozone needs to expand the powers of its bailout fund and avoid any impression that bailouts mean debt restructuring that would hurt bondholders.

It says in a statement that "failure to undertake decisive action could rapidly spread tensions to the core of the euro area and result in large global spillovers.""

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/imf-eurozone-crisis-threatens-global-spillovers-140114071.html

Federal Reserve Bank, World Bank and IMF .... all connected.

I don't amaze easily these days but I am amazed the IMF would be so blatant in their intent to provide bail-out money. Some of those bond holders are drawing 29+% on their bonds............a high rate of return for a high risk investment. Now the IMF will remove the risk.

The US will provide a large amount of the bail-out.

Wart

(AK)1000shots
06-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Many of the European countries have extremely low gun ownership (I'm looking at you, England), and in the event of societal breakdowns, it's going to get ugly. It's what always happens when people with guns (police) face off against people without guns (public). However, I'm pretty sure things will be OK in Switzerland (one of the highest gun ownership countries -- things probably stay extremely civil there, considering the obvious.)

Once again Europe gets itself into trouble, and their mess threatens to spill over into our laps, and we'll be expected to pick up the pieces and clean up the mess.

Warthogg
06-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Federal Reserve Bank, World Bank and IMF .... all connected.

I don't amaze easily these days but I am amazed the IMF would be so blatant in their intent to provide bail-out money. Some of those bond holders are drawing 29+% on their bonds............a high rate of return for a high risk investment. Now the IMF will remove the risk.

The US will provide a large amount of the bail-out.

Wart

When institutions bet poorly, whether it be on housing or sovereign debt, and stand to lose hundreds of billions of dollars, and then a printing press intervenes to save them, it takes risk out of the equation when assessing the value of these and other assets.

If failure is no longer allowed in the economy, then there is no risk.

The printing presses at the Federal Reserve and elsewhere are devaluing our money and thereby stealing our time spent in labor and productive activity. Value and risk must return or we are surely headed over the cliff.

Read more at NetRightDaily.com: http://netrightdaily.com/2011/06/bailouts-erode-confidence-in-value/#ixzz1PrOIhXch

Wart

mriddick
06-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Many of the European countries have extremely low gun ownership (I'm looking at you, England), and in the event of societal breakdowns, it's going to get ugly. It's what always happens when people with guns (police) face off against people without guns (public). However, I'm pretty sure things will be OK in Switzerland (one of the highest gun ownership countries -- things probably stay extremely civil there, considering the obvious.)

Once again Europe gets itself into trouble, and their mess threatens to spill over into our laps, and we'll be expected to pick up the pieces and clean up the mess.

I do not see any political will in the US to pick up the European pieces (whatever they may be). With the 2012 elections coming I do not see Obama coming to Europe's rescue even he wanted to (and I doubt he wants to).

mriddick
06-20-2011, 07:39 PM

Looks like the airports and highways are on the block
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/06/20/greece.debt/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

5.56NATO
06-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Looks like the airports and highways are on the block
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/06/20/greece.debt/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Yep. We knew. Tax farming will be next. Toll roads across Greece. The King of Spain will own the toll roads in Greece like he does in the US. This kind of shit is exactly why debt cannot be repaid with more debt. When the people find out how badly their government has sold them out there will be war.

Meat-Hook
06-21-2011, 10:16 AM
whoops