PDA

View Full Version : Buying a used Vector Arms AK47

Smokey0
06-20-2011, 06:15 PM
I am thinking of getting this AK used. I have always been an AR guy and do not know much about AKs. I have been all over the forums researching and Vector Arms seems like a decent company. So far from what people have told me I should find out if the gun has an original barrel or if it is US manufactured. Anything else I should look for? Anything else I should ask him before I buy? Is $600 a fair price or should I ask for lower?

When I go look at it, what should I look for? From what I understand so far I should check fit and finish, the rivets, magazine fits nicely... anything else?

Thanks for any input...

The gun
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=438428&highlight=ak47

Schuetzenman
06-20-2011, 07:16 PM
So are you in Cali? Vector made / makes good weapons or at least all the ones I've seen, (about 6) seemed as if they were. The photos show a good looking AKM type rifle. 6 bills seems steep to me considering there are still a few around for less than 6 to just slightly over 6 new. But if you're in Cali with their assault weapon ban that probably is a low price. Seems all weapons are over priced and under featured in Cali.

Smokey0
06-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Yep, I am in Cali... a big reason why I like to deal locally. Most places avoid shipping here. This should already have the bullet button and be CA-legal. Thankfully I am a LEO so I do not have to use the 10 round mags. Thanks for the quick reply.

imanaknut
06-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

Vector is known for their quality firearms, this being no exception. Since you are already in commiefornia, and this rifle is "local" it looks like a very good deal. Too bad the subjects of the state have to put up with that modified 30 round mag, but at least you are able to get it.

As said above, AK variants are usually more expensive where you are because of the state refusing to allow for the US constitution as the supreme law of the land. Even taking that into consideration, $600 for a Vector AK variant is a really good price. As always, if you can get it for less, by all means make him an offer and roll the dice. Good luck!!!!

Smokey0
06-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Picked up the Vector for $525... thanks for all the input folks. Time to buy some ammo!

imanaknut
06-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Congrats!!!!! Great price!!!!!

I hope it looks as nice in your hands as it does in the photos on the other site!!!!

Nicer rifle!