PDA

View Full Version : Old Romanian 10/63 Underfolder

68rs327
06-23-2011, 07:27 PM
I found a Romanian 10/63 Underfolder for sale.
It was bought in the Mid 90's. The gun looks decent, wood is worn.
It looks like the one in the photo.
What would be a good price on it. I know you can buy the New WASR Underfolders for a little over $400.
Are the older ones worth more? or Less?
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac132/68rs327/romanianunderfold.jpg

raxar
06-23-2011, 07:30 PM
if it's a 10/63 it wasn't bought in the 90's because they weren't made until a couple years ago.

O.S.O.K.
06-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Looks like a SAR-1 that had an underfolder installed.

Or a build.

Check the rivets to be sure they're rivets - check the receiver for maker's marks - should have Cugir markings.

68rs327
06-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Looks like a SAR-1 that had an underfolder installed.

Or a build.

Check the rivets to be sure they're rivets - check the receiver for maker's marks - should have Cugir markings.

The guy told me his Dad bought it over 20 yrs. ago in the mid 90's?
He also said it was a Romanian 10/63 GP Underfolder. I haven't seen the gun yet, so who knows what it really is and how old?

Helen Keller
06-23-2011, 07:57 PM
We need a little more info.

IE: stampings.

68rs327
06-23-2011, 08:03 PM
We need a little more info.

IE: stampings.
I am suppose to find out more about the AK tomorrow.
The guys dad is suppose to price it and If he is not crazy on price, I will look at it and post what I found.
All I have seen is photos he sent to my phone. Hard to tell anything by them. In photo gun looked decent, but wood was beat all to hell?
I will update what I find.

imanaknut
06-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Like the others said, the 10/63 most likely was not used on a Romanian import until a recent batch of WASR-10 variants, which seem to be a varied in how they were imported as the old Chinese.

We really need more info on the rifle, like all markings and if possible a photo of the real rifle because being "like" the one in the photo really doesn't do what you have found true justice.

As I remember it, the first of the Romanians didn't enter the country until around 1997 or so. I don't believe any underfolders came in through the normal supply chain until just a few years ago when Century imported them.

There is a possibility that someone managed to get one into the country before standard imports started, so I am not ruling out the possibility that what you have found is real.

We just need some more info, because a true Romanian import from the early or mid 1990s could be worth a fortune if proven authentic!!

68rs327
06-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Like the others said, the 10/63 most likely was not used on a Romanian import until a recent batch of WASR-10 variants, which seem to be a varied in how they were imported as the old Chinese.

We really need more info on the rifle, like all markings and if possible a photo of the real rifle because being "like" the one in the photo really doesn't do what you have found true justice.

As I remember it, the first of the Romanians didn't enter the country until around 1997 or so. I don't believe any underfolders came in through the normal supply chain until just a few years ago when Century imported them.

There is a possibility that someone managed to get one into the country before standard imports started, so I am not ruling out the possibility that what you have found is real.

We just need some more info, because a true Romanian import from the early or mid 1990s could be worth a fortune if proven authentic!!

Just got word that the gun has been sold. I shouldn't have jumped the gun, but I thought this could be a deal. I still don't know what the heck the guy had and it looks like he didn't either?
Here is where I found it http://www.armslist.com/posts/127953/kentucky-rifles-for-saletrade-ak47-underfolder-1063-gpuf
His ad said:
Tagged as: Century International Arms, 7.62x39, Semi-automatic

21 Year old Romi, lots of fun shot out this gun. The exterior shows wear-but the internals and bore look MINTY!!! Been in the family since the mid nineties.

Will trade for 2 mausers (8mm-not turk) or one mauser and cash kicker

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac132/68rs327/romi.jpg

imanaknut
06-23-2011, 09:15 PM
I would really like to know what it sold for since is price was "make offer".

Nothing more than a standard WASR-10/63 folder which can be no more than a few years old, certainly not 21 years.

Going rate these days is right at $500 new in box.

Partisan1983
06-24-2011, 01:23 AM
The mid 90's wasn't 21 years ago ;)

FunkyPertwee
06-24-2011, 10:09 AM
The mid 90's wasn't 21 years ago ;)

You beat me to it! :dammit:

Helen Keller
06-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Maybe going by "21" years by the date on the trunnion/RSB?????????

ANd as much as I hate the laws but have to play the game, Don't look like a 922r compliant gun to me.

imanaknut
06-24-2011, 11:56 AM
I am guessing that no one read the post that says the rifle is 21 years old?

The rifle has been in the family since the mid 90s but the post states that it is 21 years old making the production date 1990.

Hello....

Doberman
08-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Maybe going by "21" years by the date on the trunnion/RSB?????????

ANd as much as I hate the laws but have to play the game, Don't look like a 922r compliant gun to me.

I'm thinking the pistol grip maybe US made (Brown) most of the Romi grips out there are pretty beat. 3pc trigger group and the gas piston (standard issue on WASR's), looks good to me...also throw in a US 45 degree brake, he's good to go!

Makasaurus
08-30-2011, 04:55 PM
The date on the trunion probably has no relation to when the REST of the gun was made. the Rumanian WARS often use old Rumanian trunnions then add new everything else. Some kind of importation rule or or something like that. (How much could it cost them to stamp out a 1mm receiver anyway, $3? per gun? )
WAR's made in the last few years are supposed to have a brand new chrome lined barrel, new wood (low quality wood in fact absymal and barely tolerable, but new, unfinished wood nevertheless.) The nternals are all new, the only thing old on it may be the trunion.
I have two wasrs, one single stack, one double. The single stack says "1967" on the trunion, the double has no date on the trunion, just the serial number and "11-RO" on the left side and "ROMARM/CUGAR - ROMANIA" on the right side (under the charging handle)..

There's plenty of other WASR's where that came from, try gunbroker. Incidentally, i'd have paid $350 tops for the one in the picture (new forearm wood isn't hard to find or expensive either.)