PDA

View Full Version : no castle doctrine in the UK.

Meat-Hook
06-23-2011, 09:39 PM
sure aint Texas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8594396/Family-arrested-after-burgler-stabbed-to-death.html

"Officers arriving at the scene were told that four men in dark clothing, some in balaclavas, had broken in via the back door before being repelled. It is not known whether they were armed."

In January 2010 Mr Cameron said: “The moment a burglar steps over your threshold and invades your property, with all the threat that gives to you, your family and your livelihood, I think they leave their human rights outside.”

AKTexas
06-23-2011, 10:07 PM
I guess in the UK all you can do is use harsh language to repel home invaders or fuzzy bunny slippers.

blobman
06-23-2011, 10:12 PM
this just in from DUH magazine

Justin
06-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Reading this article just makes me sick, putting innocent people in jail for protecting themselves.

btcave
06-24-2011, 08:30 AM
People will tolerate tyranny just fine it seems.

Dan Morris
06-24-2011, 08:40 AM
FWIW, the Republic of Boulder ever has a "Harsh Words" ordinance........................
Dan

ltorlo64
06-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Greater Manchester Police later described the incident as “a tragic set of circumstances” and said they were trying to unravel precisely what happened in and around the Flanigans’ terraced house.

This is a problem. It was not a tragic set of circumstances, it was 4 people with evil intent breaking into someone's home and getting what was coming to them. If the police can't understand that, and no one calls them on it, they are in a lot of trouble.

binky59
06-24-2011, 03:25 PM
This is a problem. It was not a tragic set of circumstances, it was 4 people with evil intent breaking into someone's home and getting what was coming to them. If the police can't understand that, and no one calls them on it, they are in a lot of trouble.

Yep they suck, and I'm English. England's ROL is to be a polite society where any violence against anyone whether defensive or not, is not to be tolerated. I think that the best part of their society was sent to Austrailia.

Sidartha
06-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Yep they suck, and I'm English. England's ROL is to be a polite society where any violence against anyone whether defensive or not, is not to be tolerated. I think that the best part of their society was sent to Australia.
You know you said that to a bunch of Americans right?
:banned: just kidding.

The thing about England is everyone who recognized the need to use violence to defend what is right picked up a rifle and went to war in 1914 where many died.
25 years later those who were left went to war again and fewer returned.

England and France both lost their Greatest Generation and those who stayed behind and "shoveled shit in Louisiana" raised the folks who are in charge today.

1 Patriot-of-many
06-24-2011, 07:45 PM
You know you said that to a bunch of Americans right?
:banned: just kidding.

The thing about England is everyone who recognized the need to use violence to defend what is right picked up a rifle and went to war in 1914 where many died.
25 years later those who were left went to war again and fewer returned.

England and France both lost their Greatest Generation and those who stayed behind and "shoveled shit in Louisiana" raised the folks who are in charge today.

They disarmed in between the wars. They were BEGGING us for arms, and we gave. Our private citizens sent them arms along with our gov't.