PDA

View Full Version : Woman sleeps and showers with Glock 22 and it saves her from intruder

skorpion
06-25-2011, 07:50 AM
Michigan: A soldier gave his mother a Glock 22 before going away and he told her to keep it with her at all times. She took his advice and it paid off.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1021148744001/woman-sleeps-showers-with-gun/

TEN-32
06-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Glad she wasn't hurt. I'm disappointed the cops didn't check those abandoned houses for the intruder. Cop 101.

romak10/63UF
06-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Good American people a son raised right to love his mother an to give his mother the best give a mother can have a gift that keeps giving... G-22 40 cal...

Now maybe the Son needs to take his mom out to the shooting range for some more range time... It says she shot 4 shots but missed the criminal ....

coppertales
06-25-2011, 09:42 AM
the same thing but it is a Glock 27. She is an excellent shot......chris3

deth502
06-25-2011, 09:59 AM
everyone seems to have ended up happy, but im wondering how her story would have ended is she actually would have ht him while he was retreating away from her.

imo, id have been happy to hear he was shot in the back of the head and killed, but id bet anything that she would be the one on trial now.

5.56NATO
06-25-2011, 10:28 AM
When seconds count.....

Ruskiegunlover
06-25-2011, 10:31 AM
I can think of a lot of much more safe places to put the gun, and I would never put a chambered GLOCK under a pillow. In your sleep, slide your hand under your pillow, move around too much, and that thing will go off.

Plus, I'd just never own a glock.

Warthogg
06-25-2011, 10:56 AM
When seconds count.....

.......the Coppers are only minutes away.

Wart

ltorlo64
06-25-2011, 10:56 AM
I like how the cops showed up right away because of the gun fire! Though it seems, as 10-32 eludes to, they were more interested in the gun than finding the person she was shooting at.

mriddick
06-25-2011, 11:00 AM
everyone seems to have ended up happy, but im wondering how her story would have ended is she actually would have ht him while he was retreating away from her.

imo, id have been happy to hear he was shot in the back of the head and killed, but id bet anything that she would be the one on trial now.

IMO A woman would get alot more sympathy from the DA/jury then a man.

Warthogg
06-25-2011, 11:18 AM
I can think of a lot of much more safe places to put the gun, and I would never put a chambered GLOCK under a pillow. In your sleep, slide your hand under your pillow, move around too much, and that thing will go off.

I use a Glock 22 .40 for my bedside weapon. But for NOTHING else.

Wart

stinker
06-25-2011, 12:19 PM

I used to live in Michigan. That is one F-ed up state for self defense laws. Not the worst but not far from it.
They would've arrested her for premeditated murder. Obviously she was lying in wait for the opportunity to shoot the intruder since she was ready to fire on sight. If you can't actually prove that your life is in danger the fact that the guy was in your house illegally and you say you felt that way is almost completely irrellevant.

I'm truely suprised they did'nt at least try to push an atempted murder case on her.

Needless to say i'll never live there again because of that crap. I like texas.
We stop just short of issuing game permits for the Lesser Crusty Feathered Jailbird.

Krupski
06-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Michigan: A soldier gave his mother a Glock 22 before going away and he told her to keep it with her at all times. She took his advice and it paid off.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1021148744001/woman-sleeps-showers-with-gun/

Great story! :thumbsup:

Glad she wasn't hurt.

I guess SHE knows how to use a "Glock foe-tee", unlike that dumbass Lee Paige who shot himself in the leg with one.... :yeah:

Krupski
06-25-2011, 03:13 PM

I don't own any Glocks (and never will), but the point is the woman was armed and it most probably saved her life and that's :thumbsup:

(edit to add): I always carry a .45, but Pietro Beretta stands guard in the bedroom...... I do that because I can safely leave it chambered and uncocked. My little .45 has about a 200 pound trigger pull (wifey can't pull it) and the 1911 I don't like leaving it "cocked and locked".

http://three-dog.homelinux.com/images/mr-beretta.jpg

Geez.. looking at that drawer... it's a mess!

Partisan1983
06-25-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't own any Glocks (and never will), but the point is the woman was armed and it most probably saved her life and that's :thumbsup:

(edit to add): I always carry a .45, but Pietro Beretta stands guard in the bedroom...... I do that because I can safely leave it chambered and uncocked. My little .45 has about a 200 pound trigger pull (wifey can't pull it) and the 1911 I don't like leaving it "cocked and locked".

http://three-dog.homelinux.com/images/mr-beretta.jpg

Geez.. looking at that drawer... it's a mess!

Pistol...check

Pills...check

KY...check

Inhaler...check

All ready for a nite of fun in the bedroom :D

El Duce
06-25-2011, 10:39 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/anallube.jpg

stinker
06-26-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm trying to visualize what happens if you're drunk and about to get it on one night and accidentally grab the 45 instead of the anal lube.

Hoooneeey...i got a suprise for yooooo......oops. :zwinker12:

Partisan1983
06-26-2011, 01:50 AM
In all seriousness....(sorry Krupski, I couldn't help myself)

I grew up on on East 8 1/2 Mile and Woodward Ave.

My favorite t-shirt (now this was 15 years ago) was......

"Welcome to Detroit MutherFucker. Where the weak are killed.....and eaten"!!!!!

Mark Ducati
06-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Funny she named her pistol "Mercy"...

Guess that would make Samuel Jackson's pistol named "Wrath"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czb4jn5y94g

Krupski
06-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Pistol...check

Pills...check

KY...check

Inhaler...check

All ready for a nite of fun in the bedroom :D

Yes sir! :)