PDA

View Full Version : The Colony !

abpt1
08-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Its B tv at best but ..I like it none the less ...

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/colony/

AKTexas
08-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Its B tv at best but ..I like it none the less ...

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/colony/

I tried to watch once before and just could not buy into it.

abpt1
08-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I tried to watch once before and just could not buy into it.
Yeah Its very B-movie ish ....

jojo
08-06-2010, 06:45 PM
The part where the rogues came in, beat their ass and took their stuff was "awakening" for them. They certainly realized how important security was after.

Warlord
08-06-2010, 07:43 PM
The part where the rogues came in, beat their ass and took their stuff was "awakening" for them. They certainly realized how important security was after.

I was thinking the same thing, and at that moment decided not to watch again.

No fucking defence to speak of, no OP LP, no FPL or anything, no guard duty what so ever. Not to mention the area they chose was an easy point of interest for an OP4. Stupid cillyvillians. Would have killed them all with ease.

Batwing
08-06-2010, 08:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing, and at that moment decided not to watch again.

No fucking defence to speak of, no OP LP, no FPL or anything, no guard duty what so ever. Not to mention the area they chose was an easy point of interest for an OP4. Stupid cillyvillians. Would have killed them all with ease.

especialy against firearms,if put in the situation I will use my firearm and will look for the ez mark,not only the strong survive .but the well armed as well

abpt1
08-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Are you guys watching it tonight ?

fat bastard
08-17-2010, 10:04 PM

that so called fight was sooooooooooooo phoney.lots of big stick wielding and no actual bashing.I would have been cracking some skulls with one of those 2x4's

abpt1
08-17-2010, 10:13 PM
I like the abduction twist that's new for the colony .....

Schuetzenman
08-17-2010, 10:18 PM
I watch it but think it is seriously flawed as the premise is an impossible task to really simulate SHTF for TV as nobody gets killed, no firearms. If the SHTF for real, aggressive outsiders wouldn't last long around my Colony. They'd get one verbal warning to get lost; if they came back lead poisoning would be their fate.

I mostly derive my entertainment from their attempts to McGiver stuff they need, like the generator system and starting this episode a wind mill to generate power to charge their batteries.

abpt1
08-17-2010, 11:16 PM
I watch it but think it is seriously flawed as the premise is an impossible task to really simulate SHTF for TV as nobody gets killed, no firearms. If the SHTF for real, aggressive outsiders wouldn't last long around my Colony. They'd get one verbal warning to get lost; if they came back lead poisoning would be their fate.

I mostly derive my entertainment from their attempts to McGiver stuff they need, like the generator system and starting this episode a wind mill to generate power to charge their batteries.
Yeah I find my self saying no no no not like that !

funny how hard it is for some to think out side the box....

Vegeta
08-18-2010, 08:01 AM
they kidnapped the model hahaha. they want to ransom her for food and med supplies.
I would tell them to keep her and enjoy her since she brings nothing to the table.
matter of fact I would send the Californian kook , teacher, and that ass hat carpenter with them too.

abpt1
08-18-2010, 08:09 AM
they kidnapped the model hahaha. they want to ransom her for food and med supplies.
I would tell them to keep her and enjoy her since she brings nothing to the table.
matter of fact I would send the Californian kook , teacher, and that ass hat carpenter with them too.
LMAO right on :thumbsup:

Vegeta
08-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Did you see that bridge he built? this guy claims to be a carpenter.. I am a drywall finisher and I could have built a bridge with less stuff and it would have looked like the goldengate bridge next to that crap. I will give the Cali kook props for the forge but they need a section of I beam or RR iron for an anvil. and about that windmill..they took apart a perfectly good bike for the gears when they could have easily used the bike to run the alternator on human power. put those members who don't have any skills to work charging batteries so the usefull folks have power to run tools.

abpt1
08-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Did you see that bridge he built? this guy claims to be a carpenter.. I am a drywall finisher and I could have built a bridge with less stuff and it would have looked like the goldengate bridge next to that crap. I will give the Cali kook props for the forge but they need a section of I beam or RR iron for an anvil. and about that windmill..they took apart a perfectly good bike for the gears when they could have easily used the bike to run the alternator on human power. put those members who don't have any skills to work charging batteries so the usefull folks have power to run tools.
LOL yeah then yell at the old guy that fell in the water because you build a POS....So many smart people with terrible ideas like they cut down a properly mounted flag pole that they could have climbed and mounted every thing on that would have been anchored in cement ......the metal fabricator from last season was real good they really dumbed it down this year ....

Vegeta
08-18-2010, 08:33 AM
If they do another season of that show we should get a group of gunsnet guys to go audition for it! Man, that would be pure win!

abpt1
08-18-2010, 08:38 AM
If they do another season of that show we should get a group of gunsnet guys to go audition for it! Man, that would be pure win!
No shit that would be awesome .....Damn I bet they would run out of BG's lol with moving water i would make a water mill way before i made a wind mill ...

Moebrown20
08-18-2010, 08:43 AM

Not pure win, but one of the bloodiest shows they would have.

abpt1
08-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Not pure win, but one of the bloodiest shows they would have.
i say we dont kill them we use them for labor they could take turns riding our bicycle genny for the fridge that keeps the beer cold ! yes we will have fresh beer bottled by me !

Moebrown20
08-18-2010, 09:17 AM
That sounds good. We could feed them tactical Bacon to keep them from running away.

abpt1
08-18-2010, 09:19 AM
That sounds good. We could feed them tactical Bacon to keep them from running away.
oh no...... they get rotten fish and stinky water .... for tiring to fuck with us ....

Broondog
08-18-2010, 03:23 PM
i just watched the show for the first time last nite since nothing else was on. i wasn't real impressed. i might watch it again....maybe.

but yeah, no guns? how realistic is that? but at least someone is actually doing something with, i'm guessing here, the abandoned part of New Orleans.

Vegeta
08-18-2010, 06:47 PM
We should so do this show next season! I will build a crossbow with leaf springs that fires broomsticks from the roof HAHAHA. someone can throw a box of food at them and when they bend over to grab it...TWOCK! right in the mud maker! hahah
we could make riot shields from plywood or something and carry 3 foot batons and march at them with shields locked like a squad of roman legionnaires. watch them get all confused and bruised when we engage as they get beat down while not being able to hit us as were in tortoise formation.

Schuetzenman
08-18-2010, 07:02 PM

Peddle a bike to make the electricity, they're already staving because they don't know how to catch fish or forage / hunt. You really think burning cals pumping pedals is the right thing to do when they don't have enough food to sustain their body weight?

Schuetzenman
08-18-2010, 07:06 PM
i just watched the show for the first time last nite since nothing else was on. i wasn't real impressed. i might watch it again....maybe.

but yeah, no guns? how realistic is that? but at least someone is actually doing something with, i'm guessing here, the abandoned part of New Orleans.

It is a simulation and TV. Seriously they probably have to coach them on how to NOT really hurt somebody even though I think their instincts are probably barely held in check to really do some damage. I was really surprised they let the one guy make a big machete like cutting blade. That would certainly prove fatal to any intruder if they slashed them with it.

AK-J
08-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Let's face it. There is no way they could include firearms or simulated firearms without making it even less realistic.

Think about it. Say they had simunitions, paintball, or airsoft guns. They'd have to put on face masks any time they wanted to shoot them. It would make "surprise" raids and such look fake as hell. For liability reasons and the sake of making a semi-realistic scenario, they just can't do it.

I enjoy the show. Mostly for entertainment reasons, and what not to do in PAW.

AKTexas
08-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Just another crappy semi-reality show.Drop them in a real shtf scenario and see how well they do.

Warlord
08-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Just another crappy semi-reality show.Drop them in a real shtf scenario and see how well they do.

That's what I'm talking about. Give them a few paint ball guns and make it realistic, set up some kind of defense God damit! What no one is going to have any fire arms in a SHTF senerio, or even a brain to devise some kind of defense? And the way they protected there home and engaged the invaders, fucking pathetic! DEAD MEAT! The show is a waset of time and a joke. Stopped watching after the 2nd week.

charger0122
08-19-2010, 07:21 PM
wouldnt that tractor already have an alternator on it? most of em iv seen have one lol
they can build brick forge but they build a wood smoke house that catches fire.
and yes i know there are plenty of wood smoke houses!

abpt1
09-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Missed it last night...

Moebrown20
09-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Missed it last night...

http://www.fastpasstv.com/tv/the-colony-us-/

abpt1
09-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Cool thx MOE !

Richard Simmons
09-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Did anyone watch it last night?

I don't want to give anything away about last night's episode but let me ask everyone who watched it, were you honestly surprised at what that one person did at the very end and how quickly that decision was made?

To me it was almost a mirror image of our society. You give yourself over to the government, they treat you like shit and when they again offer you a complete unkown you jump on it saying it has to be better than what you have now when what you have is what the government gave you last time.

Rant aside it was still entertaining and somewhat fun to watch most of the time.

abpt1
09-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Did anyone watch it last night?

I don't want to give anything away about last night's episode but let me ask everyone who watched it, were you honestly surprised at what that one person did at the very end and how quickly that decision was made?

To me it was almost a mirror image of our society. You give yourself over to the government, they treat you like shit and when they again offer you a complete unkown you jump on it saying it has to be better than what you have now when what you have is what the government gave you last time.

Rant aside it was still entertaining and somewhat fun to watch most of the time.
I missed it Ironman 2 came out yesterday ...lol I am a comic geek first ! I will watch it tonight and let you know what I think .