PDA

View Full Version : Must Be Summer

ltorlo64
06-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Seems to me that the post count is going down again as the weather gets good. I guess that is a good thing. I have to admit missing winter when there are new threads starting every couple of minutes and I will be following or involved in a couple of them.

OK, I sound like I need to get a life! Actually, my wife and daughter are traveling for the next week or so and I am bored out of my mind. I will go to the range for a while tomorrow, but then I am stuck for the rest of the day.

btcave
06-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Take a ferry up to Friday Harbor for a day. Got to start early from Bremerton/Bangor though. I think the ferry can get you there from Port Townsend. My mom lives up Lopez Island way. Will be heading up that way soon myself. 5 Hour trip for me.

Schuetzenman
06-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Seems to me that the post count is going down again as the weather gets good. I guess that is a good thing. I have to admit missing winter when there are new threads starting every couple of minutes and I will be following or involved in a couple of them.

OK, I sound like I need to get a life! Actually, my wife and daughter are traveling for the next week or so and I am bored out of my mind. I will go to the range for a while tomorrow, but then I am stuck for the rest of the day.

Well there's always the C&R competition for some post topics. BTW your targets got in Friday.

ltorlo64
06-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Well there's always the C&R competition for some post topics. BTW your targets got in Friday.

Thanks for letting me know. I have been meaning to send you a PM about that. I will do that now.

coppertales
06-26-2011, 09:52 AM
and mess with the hippies and street trash.........chris3

slamfire51
06-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Nice weather posting takes place pre-work, post-work, pre-dinner, and pre-family time.

Almost a dead zone any other times of day.
Like you said, winter/bad weather days are posting marathons.

ltorlo64
06-26-2011, 10:19 AM
and mess with the hippies and street trash.........chris3

I live in a small town. Our down town consists of about 2 blocks and lots of conservatives, not many hippies (except my brother and sister in law!). The nearest city is Seattle and it is at least an hour and one toll bridge or ferry away. I am too cheap to spend the money to go.

btcave
06-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Fishing?

ltorlo64
06-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Fishing?

Haven't done that in a long time, but I have been seriously considering it. I need to put new line on my rod, maybe that would be a good start for today.

I write that like I will actually catch a fish! I am an optimist, not a realist!

slamfire51
06-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Haven't done that in a long time, but I have been seriously considering it. I need to put new line on my rod, maybe that would be a good start for today.

I write that like I will actually catch a fish! I am an optimist, not a realist!

99.9% of people who fish are optimist.
To be a realist is being secretly optimistic of you abilities.
Does that make sense? ;)