PDA

View Full Version : mak90 with bayonet and cleaning rod ?

ron31747
06-30-2011, 05:38 PM
gun was not a Mak 90 my bad!

imanaknut
06-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Some of the very early MAK-90s still had the bayo lug ears ground off but the lug itself still intact. In the early days of the Bush1 fit over evil looking weapons, manufacturers, as well as ATF had no idea what the idiot in chief wanted, so the early MAK-90s just had muzzle nuts threaded on and tack welded to the front sight, and the bayo lug ears just ground down.

As for the date stamp, the 1990 thru 1992 did not have date stamps as a normal feature. Only the 1993 and 1994 had the first two numbers as the date of importation, and even that isn't a hard and fast rule.

imanaknut
07-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Too bad for you!

Yes it would be perfectly legal to own one as you described it.

I have missed many a good deal because I went home to think about it. In your case you are smart to ask questions about something you don't know. It is too easy to get something that you think is a bargain only to find out you had been lied to. I personally know someone who bought a "very rare firearm" only to find out after getting it home and asking questions that the barrel was not original!

Ask first, learn the easy way, ask after and learn the hard way.

You asked, but too bad the rifle was gone before you got back to it. Better luck next time.