PDA

View Full Version : Scoring

slamfire51
07-03-2011, 08:24 AM
I may have missed the info, but when will each month's target scores be posted?

Schuetzenman
07-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Actually I wasn't going to post scores. I thought posting scores might cause some to give up. However if you guys, (plural) would like to see scores month by month I can do that easily. I have an Excel spread sheet made up that I am recording the scores in, so it's an easy copy paste to put the results in a post here on Gunsnet.

ltorlo64
07-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I know I am not in the lead, or anywhere close and I don't mind the scores being posted.

slamfire51
07-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Real competitors aren't intimidated by others scores. LOL
One month may be good for one and the next month might suck for him.

I say post them.

old Grump
07-03-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm curious but I can wait if you would rather. With two of my 3 guns having issues, one rear sight problem and the other borrowed so I can't practice with it I know I won't be winning no bragging rights. Just ordered ammo for the 7.5x55 and I hope it get here in time for me to shoot the July match or I will have problem with 3 guns instead of two. :thumbsdown:

ltorlo64
07-03-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm curious but I can wait if you would rather. With two of my 3 guns having issues, one rear sight problem and the other borrowed so I can't practice with it I know I won't be winning no bragging rights. Just ordered ammo for the 7.5x55 and I hope it get here in time for me to shoot the July match or I will have problem with 3 guns instead of two. :thumbsdown:

From what I have seen of your targets, it appears the only hope we have is that you are borrowing guns!

slamfire51
07-03-2011, 12:23 PM

Grump, just shoot from the hip with the sightless gun.
Hell, you're bound to do better than me with your 60-70 years of shooting experience. :zwinker12:

Dieselbuilder
07-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Posting scores is fine with me.

old Grump
07-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Grump, just shoot from the hip with the sightless gun.
Hell, you're bound to do better than me with your 60-70 years of shooting experience. :zwinker12:Truth is it took a long time for my 10/22 rifle to start shooting groups I could brag on. When I started shooting it they looked like Moes new gun. When he gets it ironed out he could take the 22 guru title away from me. I will go head to head with anybody on this board with my .308 out to 600 yards but my other guns are no worse or no better than anybody else's since they are all stock and my shooting reflects that. However if you would like to meet me on the range with handguns and a few water jugs at the 100 or 200 yard line I can promise you some fun. I get to pick the handguns. S&W M41, Colt 1911A1 NM and let me see here, how about a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 magnum?
:coffee:
If you wuss out I suppose we could do the whole match of 30 jugs each with a 9MM or 40 caliber but that's boring and they don't give the same effect when they hit.

slamfire51
07-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Truth is it took a long time for my 10/22 rifle to start shooting groups I could brag on. When I started shooting it they looked like Moes new gun. When he gets it ironed out he could take the 22 guru title away from me. I will go head to head with anybody on this board with my .308 out to 600 yards but my other guns are no worse or no better than anybody else's since they are all stock and my shooting reflects that. However if you would like to meet me on the range with handguns and a few water jugs at the 100 or 200 yard line I can promise you some fun. I get to pick the handguns. S&W M41, Colt 1911A1 NM and let me see here, how about a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 magnum?
:coffee:
If you wuss out I suppose we could do the whole match of 30 jugs each with a 9MM or 40 caliber but that's boring and they don't give the same effect when they hit.

Geeze Grump.
I wasn't questioning your shooting ability.
I just figured with your many yrs. of shooting, you could win the match with no sights.
Geeze.

old Grump
07-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Geeze Grump.
I wasn't questioning your shooting ability.
I just figured with your many yrs. of shooting, you could win the match with no sights.
Geeze.Didn't say you were, just trying to whip up a little competition here. Win. lose or draw it's all fun. But I need my sights. If I didn't need sights I would be a good wing shooter with a shotgun and I am not. Can't sing a note, suck with a shotgun except on ground targets because I have sights on most of my shotguns and I can't remember any of my calculus. Thank God I am good looking or I would have nothing to brag about.

ltorlo64
07-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Thank God I am good looking or I would have nothing to brag about.

What good are sights when your eyesight is definately going?:laughingtohard:

old Grump
07-03-2011, 02:37 PM
What good are sights when your eyesight is definately going?:laughingtohard:That is why I have a well trained talking mirror. I don't need to see.

Schuetzenman
07-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Ok seems like everyone is good with having the scores posted. Let's give it a try then. The matches are presented in the same order; pistol, Bolt Rifle, Self Loading Rifle.

May

Schuetzenman
Pistol 55
Bolt Rifle 82
Self Loading Rifle 82

old Grump
Pistol 33
Bolt Rifle 89
Self Loading Rifle 63

slamfire51
Pistol 60

ltorlo64
Self Loading Rifle 65

June

Schuetzenman

old Grump

ltorlo64

If you're not mentioned you haven't sent in any targets to be scored yet ... AKTexas, Whos2Kno, Dieselbuilder. Although I do know Dieslbuilder has sent his June targets, I just haven't gotten them yet.

ltorlo64
07-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Ok seems like everyone is good with having the scores posted. Let's give it a try then. The matches are presented in the same order; pistol, Bolt Rifle, Self Loading Rifle.

May

Schuetzenman
Pistol 55
Bolt Rifle 82
Self Loading Rifle 82

old Grump
Pistol 33
Bolt Rifle 89
Self Loading Rifle 63

slamfire51
Pistol 60

ltorlo64
Self Loading Rifle 65

June

Schuetzenman

old Grump

ltorlo64

If you're not mentioned you haven't sent in any targets to be scored yet ... AKTexas, Whos2Kno, Dieselbuilder. Although I do know Dieslbuilder has sent his June targets, I just haven't gotten them yet.

Compared to you and Grump I'm suckin', but I am suckin' consistantly!

Schuetzenman
07-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Compared to you and Grump I'm suckin', but I am suckin' consistantly!

:laughingtohard::laugh::lmao3::rofl::roflwithfeetc v2: Oh man! You are so lucky I had swollowed my morning coffee just before I read your post! Otherwise you'd be owing me a new keyboard!

slamfire51
07-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Can we shoot the remaining month's targets in one day?
The 4th would be good for me since it's a day of booms.

Dieselbuilder
07-04-2011, 10:22 AM
When I suggested something like that to my son he asked, "Since it is a monthly shoot, wouldn't that be cheating?" LOL
From the mouths of children!

Schuetzenman
07-04-2011, 11:22 AM

Well if you want to do it that way, it's up to the shooter IMHO. You might have a crappy day and blow the targets you shoot. Better weather might come up in the future. Just as long as you only mail in the current month there's no way to tell and I can't say it's cheating as it is a monthly postal match and totally up to the discression and honesty of the competitor as to the results. Me, I use it as an excuse to get away from the ball-n-chain once a month. "But honey I'm running this C&R shoot and I need to go shoot this months targets this Saturday". ;)

slamfire51
07-04-2011, 12:12 PM
No get away for me. The back yard is only 10 seconds away.
I may open a window and shoot from the A/C'ed house.
It's miserably hot and humid outside.

May even be too hot to grill out this afternoon. :pissed:

Dieselbuilder
07-04-2011, 01:55 PM
No get away for me. The back yard is only 10 seconds away.
I may open a window and shoot from the A/C'ed house.
It's miserably hot and humid outside.

May even be too hot to grill out this afternoon. :pissed:
I know from my brother that it is LOUD AS HECK to shoot a .22-250 at a coyote by just opening the door and sticking the muzzle out a little bit. :sniper::wow::yeah:

old Grump
07-04-2011, 02:26 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg146/scaled.php?server=146&filename=25ydtagetline.jpg&res=medium

25 yard target line

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg826/scaled.php?server=826&filename=frontporchshootingbench.jpg&res=medium

Shooting line, I had just finished shooting in the rain last September from my porch fat, dumb and happy, happy because I was dry.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg15/scaled.php?server=15&filename=50ydtargetline.jpg&res=medium

50 and 100 yards is a little different, I have to pack um my gear in the mule and go out back.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg26/scaled.php?server=26&filename=m1garandsetfor100ydshoo.jpg&res=medium

For our matches I have to lay in the dirt.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg801/scaled.php?server=801&filename=moeschallengejuly2100yd.jpg&res=medium

For Moes challenge match I got to sit my old bones at my shooting bench. What a difference. Getting down on the ground and shooting is pretty easy but it takes me 2 hours with a coffee break in the middle of all that effort to get back up on my feet again. I may have to install a Crane Pole with a cable and a winch and just winch myself up next year. Come to think of it I have a winch on the mule I could just install a pole on the front of the mule where the snow plow usually sits.

Aw geez I just mentioned it to my brother and he is already drawing up plans for it. Well a crane on the mule is a good idea anyway for a lot of little jobs around the place. This is you guys fault.

Schuetzenman
07-06-2011, 07:04 PM

May

Schuetzenman
Pistol 55
Bolt Rifle 82
Self Loading Rifle 82

old Grump
Pistol 33
Bolt Rifle 89
Self Loading Rifle 63

slamfire51
Pistol 60

ltorlo64
Self Loading Rifle 65

June

Schuetzenman

old Grump

ltorlo64

Dieselbuilder

Looks Like Diesebuilder is going to make us work harder OG.

old Grump
07-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Got the rear sight fixed, he is toast, unless my new supply of 7.5x55 doesn't come in on time. Now that I have said that out loud watch my front sight fall off and me drop the gun on the gas tube and bend the crap out of it. :thud:

Schuetzenman
07-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Got the rear sight fixed, he is toast, unless my new supply of 7.5x55 doesn't come in on time. Now that I have said that out loud watch my front sight fall off and me drop the gun on the gas tube and bend the crap out of it. :thud:

I've got to work on finding some better 9 mm ammo. My Hi Power hates it.