PDA

View Full Version : Screen Names

slamfire51
08-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Tell us how you chose your screen name and why? This should be interesting.

I came up with mine after I used a POS Ciener 22 lr conversion kit in my AK back in 2003.
I installed the unit and inserted a loaded mag and let the carrier fly. As soon as the bolt closed, it slam fired and dumped all the rounds in the mag into the back yard. Slam fire AND full auto was not what I wanted.
Sent the unit back to the vendor I bought it from and got a full refund.

Picking brass out of my forearm left a lasting impression.

ETA; 51 was how old I was when I joined Gunsnet.

ltorlo64
08-06-2010, 11:38 PM

You didn't telll us yours, or for that matter, your avatar.

Mine has to do with my first e-mail account. I was a Lieutenant in the Navy, my middle name is Orlo and I was born in 1964, giving me ltorlo64. Easy for me to remember and I don't think anyone else will come up with it, so I use it in a few different places.

Bluntforce
08-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Because if hitting it doesn't fix it I'm screwed.

I'm forcefully Blunt.

Life is short, brutish and nasty and so am I.

My name is conspicuously lacking any B's and I like that letter since I physically resemble it with my gut.

I believe in the power of the herb...J/K

It's the most satisfying means of communication, dispatching annoyances and making music.

I sounds vaguely pharmaceutical like my e-mail address but is not. My e-mail address is a play on words with the English meaning of my last name and Bluntforce is a tribute to a distant ancestor whose favorite weapon was a hammer.

slamfire51
08-06-2010, 11:51 PM
You didn't telll us yours, or for that matter, your avatar.

Mine has to do with my first e-mail account. I was a Lieutenant in the Navy, my middle name is Orlo and I was born in 1964, giving me ltorlo64. Easy for me to remember and I don't think anyone else will come up with it, so I use it in a few different places.

Mine is there now.

Batwing
08-06-2010, 11:52 PM
have you ever stretched out you freshly shaven scrotum and jumped in front of your wife yelling BATWINGS!!??,,now ya know :bat:

fingolfen
08-06-2010, 11:54 PM
One letter deliberate mis-spelling of a character in The Silmarillion by Tolkien.

Avatar is a South Park version of me...

ltorlo64
Mine is there now.

Saw that, thanks!

Charliebravo
I was in a fraternity in college. We had a code, the "Charliebravo" for throwing a "cock block" on one of our brothers if he was hitting on a girl that we were interested in. When properly used in context, it would go something like...."Damn, I've been trying to get into Lisa's shorts all semester.....now Norm's over there trying to move in. Somebody go throw a Charliebravo on that motherfucker so I can get back in the game."

ltorlo64
08-06-2010, 11:55 PM
have you ever stretched out you freshly shaven scrotum and jumped in front of your wife yelling BATWINGS!!??,,now ya know :bat:

That was a mental picture I could have done without.

sisyphus
08-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Mine's from a character in Greek mythology who was cursed to eternally roll a huge stone up a mountain only to have it roll back down when he reached the top.

I started feeling like that (exercise in futility) when my kids got into the teen years. I've never been good with teens even when I was one and wondered if either they or I might not make it through those years.

slamfire51
08-06-2010, 11:58 PM

I've never trusted myself with a razor in that area.

Charliebravo
08-06-2010, 11:59 PM
That was a mental picture I could have done without.Me too. If it were me, I probably would've just skipped ahead to the next thread if that were my answer.

slamfire51
08-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Mine's from a character in Greek mythology who was cursed to eternally roll a huge stone up a mountain only to have it roll back down when he reached the top.

I started feeling like that (exercise in futility) when my kids got into the teen years. I've never been good with teens even when I was one and wondered if either they or I might not make it through those years.

No offense, but I thought maybe you misspelled a venereal disease.
Sorry.

Batwing
08-07-2010, 12:02 AM
That was a mental picture I could have done without.

it was a Vodka moment,it was real bad when I tied to "glide" into bed and racked my nuts on the bedpost :crying:

CharlieBravo,I have no shame :D

Gunreference1
08-07-2010, 12:07 AM
I like to focus on the history of various firearms.

Steve

slamfire51
08-07-2010, 12:10 AM

Steve
I must say, you have a sharp focus on the subject. Very informative.

ltorlo64
08-07-2010, 12:17 AM

Steve

You'll always be Steve Mace to me! I'm glad your avatar didn't change. It is one of my favorites.

El Jefe
08-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Mines damned clever, I live in Jefferson City. :turtle:

swampdragon
08-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Sorry.

:lool:

swampdragon
08-07-2010, 12:23 AM
It's just a global interpretation of my birthday.
Nothing special really.

In the East, I was born in the Year of the "Dragon."
The month and day makes it a "Wood" Dragon specifically.

In the West, I was born under the zodiac of Cancer...which is a "Water" sign.

So if you take Dragon + Water & Wood combined = Swamp....you get swampdragon.
People liked it enough for it to be one of my regular call-signs in the army.

I see ltorlo64 is a Dragon too.

renegadebuck
08-07-2010, 12:31 AM
I didn't have the rep for listening well to my uncles so renegade was imposed, Grampa, probably because he didn't have to remember my name, called me buck. There are renegades and bucks on almost every forum, but not the combo, so here we are.

swampdragon
08-07-2010, 12:35 AM
I didn't have the rep for listening well to my uncles so renegade was imposed, Grampa, probably because he didn't have to remember my name, called me buck. There are renegades and bucks on almost every forum, but not the combo, so here we are.

I'm sorry.
What?
I wasn't listening....

TEN-32
08-07-2010, 12:35 AM
10-32="man with a gun"
police ten code.

ltorlo64
08-07-2010, 12:37 AM
Nothing special really.

I noticed in your last birthday thread that we were born in the same year. I have never felt much like a dragon though.

old Grump
08-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Fingolfin the king, thought that rang a bell but its been over 30 years since I read that collection. Still have it on my shelf somewhere.

Batwing, I think I would suggest nothing stronger than root beer from now on and that in small doses.

sisyphus was the only one I was able to identify right away but would never have guessed it had anything to do with parenting teens. Makes sense though.

Old Grump because I really know how to pick women, then they know how to pick me clean and leave me high dry and drained of all resources. It has nothing to do with the evil side of my character because I am beautiful inside and out......okay, I might have had a little trouble writing that last line with a straight face.

Bluntforce
08-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Nothing special really.

Kickass! With that logic my name would be Pigfire!

I have almost all fire in my birthchart and was born in a 'boar'ing year.

Where do you find the meaning of the month and day?

renegadebuck
08-07-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm sorry.
What?
I wasn't listening....

Shuddap and tell the princess "Hey" for me. :D

sisyphus
08-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Sorry.

LOL........Yeah, it's close.............and you're not the first one I've heard that from either.

HammerHead
08-07-2010, 01:10 AM
When I was a young boy, about 5 years old, a neighbor kid was swinging in my back-yard swing. He refused to let me have a turn. For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to throw a claw hammer at him to scare him into submission. On the second shot I nailed him in the side of the head. He went to the doctor to get stitches, and I went to the woodshed to get an ass-whooping.
Years later I ran into this guy when we were working for the same company. He started calling me hammer head. Soon everyone I knew called me hammer head or hammer, for short. We became fast friends and hunting partners, and have hunted together for nearly 30 years! And I'm still Hammer Head.
:losing-it:

NewbieAKguy
08-07-2010, 02:03 AM
I found this place the week I started LEO school in 2007. I finally broadened my mind on the ak47 and just did a basic search for info on them. This place was listed, looked around, liked what I saw and signed up. I was/am a guy new to AKs, hence NewbieAKguy.

swampdragon
08-07-2010, 02:29 AM
Kickass! With that logic my name would be Pigfire!

I have almost all fire in my birthchart and was born in a 'boar'ing year.

Where do you find the meaning of the month and day?

You just have to dig a little into Chinese astrology.
Every Chinese sign is based on the year, but each year is also broken down into different elements.
Mine happened to be a wood dragon, which I find interesting because my ancestry involved vikings with Wooden Dragons carved on the bows of their ships...and obviously, ships are used on the Water.
So overall, the name really fits.
Having lived in Europe, America and Asia...I just kinda threw it all together and made a name out of it... after a few too many beers and a temporary bout with boredom.

You can reverse it if you wanted like I did. It would be Fire Pig.
I don't know your date of birth, so I don't know what your Chinese element would be.
There are only 5 of them.
Metal, wood, fire, earth and water.

Bluntforce
08-07-2010, 02:49 AM
Allright! Mine's a metal year.

Ironfireboar, it is.

swampdragon
08-07-2010, 03:10 AM
Allright! Mine's a metal year.

Ironfireboar, it is.

I just looked that up.
I was wrong.
You're right.
The elements are based on Specific years within the Year catagory.
Not month and day.
It's been a while, and I seem to have misremembered.
I'm still a wood dragon either way (1964), I just forgot the details.
Sorry to have mislead you.

l921428x
08-07-2010, 03:26 AM
My screen name is just a serial no. off some old something I no longer have. When I joined this forum I needed a name and there it was right beside me.
The avatar came from three-dog, I use it because I have 2 black cats and I have seen that look on their faces.

videodon
08-07-2010, 07:07 AM
I do video work and my name is...Don.
:)

Smitty258
08-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Smitty - I was called that by my first grade teacher (also a Smith) and it stuck from there.

258 - The cubic inch displacement of the engine in my first car, a 1987 AMC Eagle wagon!

Smitty258

alismith
08-07-2010, 07:26 AM
al=Al
i=i (middle initial)
smith=last name

None of which are mine though. I just liked the sound of it.

Dan Morris
08-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Not so exotic, I'm in sales...give away 10K+ business cards a year plus, I've never had any problem being me.So, I have always just used my actual name.I was born with it n I'll die with it.LOL
Dan

abpt1
08-07-2010, 08:15 AM
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/abpt1/270075135v5_480x480_Front.jpg

a-kmanator
08-07-2010, 08:17 AM

WOW! ...Awesome...a few minutes later your name couldv'e been "teabag":laughingtohard:

My initials are KPK and my friends call me k-man or the kmanator...had to add the a- infront because kmanator was taken alot

Charliebravo
08-07-2010, 09:56 AM
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/abpt1/270075135v5_480x480_Front.jpg

I can understand that, but there appears to be a typo. There's the American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT), but your screen name is ABPT. It seems that you may have transposed a few letters.

abpt1
08-07-2010, 10:00 AM
I can understand that, but there appears to be a typo. There's the American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT), but your screen name is ABPT. It seems that you may have transposed a few letters.
nah It is just always already taken ....

ATAK, Inc.
08-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Mine is the first letter of my families names, Aubrey, Tom, Ally, Katey, and we are incorporated.

The avatar is just my ultrasound, I've been a hot-rodder all my life!!!

mrkalashnikov
08-07-2010, 10:14 AM
A number of years ago I use to post on a political site. It coincided w the acquisition of my first AK variant back around 2001. Since I was looking around for some kind of non-pc handle I thought Mikhail K might be apropos for a nom de plume.

matshock
08-07-2010, 10:18 AM
My middle name is Matthew and it was the Gospel of Matthew that most appealed to me on a personal level.

I was a slick salesperson, a Casanova and a big talker before Jesus found me.

My avatar is a photo of the icon hanging in the center of my house, it was painted by my uncle, also a converted sinner.

raxar
08-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Raxar was an anti-biotic that was taken off the market in the 90's I found the name on a pen and thought it sounded cool.

slamfire51
08-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Raxar was an anti-biotic that was taken off the market in the 90's.

That explains some of the member's behavior here.:cat-n-mouse:

Krupski
08-07-2010, 12:57 PM

My username is my last name.

When I first joined Gunsnet (in may or june 2001 if I recall) I used my office email address as the username (krupski@xxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx) and it stayed that way for quite a while.

Then I asked an admin ("Bowhunt" I think) to shorten it to just my last name and he did... but it was now "krupski" (lowercase first letter).

Quite a few years later I asked Roger (RJ Shooter) to change it from "krupski" to "Krupski" and he did (thanks RJ!)

So that's the story. Not very exciting...

(btw, I was only 44 when I joined!) :)

Helen Keller
08-07-2010, 01:13 PM
I can't see or hear any of you , and you can't hear me speak.

So why not.

slamfire51
08-07-2010, 01:15 PM
I thought I heard something.........nah.

imanaknut
08-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Because I am one!

As well as a Beretta nut.

And a _____________ nut.

Fill in the blank with virtually any firearm!

MDE
08-07-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure i'm creative enough to associate with some of you.
My screen name is just my initials.
Mike

El Duce
08-07-2010, 03:20 PM
El Duce, (Eldon Hoke) was the singer of a punk band called the Mentors. Some really funny/sick stuff. My wife hates them. Plus I had an old 69 camaro. I called it El Duce as well. So, when I signed up here. That was the name, because my wife hated all of the time that I spent on the computer! I originally had it Elduce. Because I didn't know back then that you could have spaces in your name. So, now I am reborn. Gonna get angus back in here one of these days.

El Jefe
08-07-2010, 03:54 PM
El Duce, (Eldon Hoke) was the singer of a punk band called the Mentors. Some really funny/sick stuff. My wife hates them. Plus I had an old 69 camaro. I called it El Duce as well. So, when I signed up here. That was the name, because my wife hated all of the time that I spent on the computer! I originally had it Elduce. Because I didn't know back then that you could have spaces in your name. So, now I am reborn. Gonna get angus back in here one of these days.

Pretty damned funny, and I thought you used the moniker cause you looked like Mussolini. :)

I had to laugh regarding the story with your wife, years ago I used to torture mine with Sham 69, The Dead Kennedy's and Black Flag. Gawd she hated that stuff.

:lol2:

AKTexas
08-07-2010, 04:35 PM
AKTexas...First rifle I bought when I turned 18 was MAK-90 and I'm from Texas.

El Laton Caliente
08-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Got back into shooting with a couple CETMEs... Hot Brass was was the complaint I'd get from the CETME throwing them...

slamfire51
08-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Got back into shooting with a couple CETMEs... Hot Brass was was the complaint I'd get from the CETME throwing them...

So, you're saying your screen name is Spanish for "Hot Damn Brass"?

davepool
08-07-2010, 05:50 PM
I couldn't come up with anything spiffy or meaningful cause i'm about as creative as a castrated bull so i used my name, besides it's easy to remember....most of the time

El Laton Caliente
08-07-2010, 06:31 PM
So, you're saying your screen name is Spanish for "Hot Damn Brass"?

El [masculine form of “The”] Laton [Brass (there are other meanings)] Caliente [Hot]

Or

The Brass [which is] Hot

Or

The Hot Brass

I’ve had a few Europeans get it, but most people, I have to translate.

I was shooting around Vegas with Perro Del Diablo who ran CETMERifles.com

slamfire51
08-07-2010, 06:35 PM
El [masculine form of “The”] Laton [Brass (there are other meanings)] Caliente [Hot]

Or

The Brass [which is] Hot

Or

The Hot Brass

I’ve had a few Europeans get it, but most people, I have to translate.

I was shooting around Vegas with Perro Del Diablo who ran CETMERifles.com

From the first day I saw it, I wondered what it meant, but never asked until today.

Thanks.

1 Patriot-of-many
08-07-2010, 06:36 PM
I think of many on here and country wide as patriots including myself so I'm simply one patriot of many. The 1 is just a play on "words".

Oswald Bastable
08-07-2010, 07:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlord_of_the_Air

slamfire51
08-07-2010, 07:57 PM

I never would have guessed. I find that very interesting, enough to buy the book.

Oswald Bastable
08-07-2010, 11:02 PM
I never would have guessed. I find that very interesting, enough to buy the book.

Actually the majority of Moorcock's early Eternal Champion cycle books are awesome, particularly the Elric series, the Corum Series, the Hawkmoon series and the first Erekose book "The Eternal Champion". Also, the End of Time series, but essentially every book Moorcock has ever written is interconnected with every other one in that they all take place in his theorized Multiverse, and the main character is always another incarnation of the Champion Eternal.

One advantage of such a nick is that anyone searching for posts by me on a website, has to wade about 10,000 google pages down to get to any. Hide in plain sight. :)

Prometheus168
08-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Prometheus = guy who stole fire from the Gods and gave it to man.

168 = My Fire Dept Radio/Badge number.

I have been a Volunteer Firefighter for almost 17 years, my number is now 168.

When I was a Paid FF my number was 606, thats why I was known as Prometheus606 before...

Now I just Volunteer.. so my number changed to 168.

Rusty

L1A1Rocker
08-07-2010, 11:25 PM
One letter deliberate mis-spelling of a character in The Silmarillion by Tolkien.

Damn, THAT is why your username has been so familiar to me. Never could place it though, it's been many years since I read The Silmarillion.

L1A1Rocker
08-07-2010, 11:37 PM

I caught yours right off. I had lots of litature in collage - finally got some use out of that minor LOL.

L1A1Rocker
08-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Mine is the first letter of my families names, Aubrey, Tom, Ally, Katey, and we are incorporated.

The avatar is just my ultrasound, I've been a hot-rodder all my life!!!

Crap, I assumed yours was a ROBOTECH reference.

L1A1Rocker
08-07-2010, 11:50 PM
AKTexas...First rifle I bought when I turned 18 was MAK-90 and I'm from Texas.

Hey, me too - on both counts.

l921428x
08-08-2010, 12:06 AM
I can't see or hear any of you , and you can't hear me speak.

So why not.

So why Jeffery Dahmer? Guess Helen couldn't see what she was eating either.

Broondog
08-08-2010, 02:18 AM
well, i'm a Rush head. the music group not the drug. :D

anyway the original producer of Rush was a guy named Terry "Broon" Brown. after he died Alex Lifeson wrote a classical guitar piece called Broon's Bane that he played as a prelude to The Trees on their second live album, Rush...Exit Stage Left. after i learned to play the little ditty, which i used to use as a warm up before a gig or at practice, my bass player started calling me Broondoggie. i shortened it a little bit for the webz.

my avatar is simply the Rush Starman logo from 2112.

swampdragon
08-08-2010, 04:40 AM
I caught yours right off. I had lots of litature in collage - finally got some use out of that minor LOL.

Obviously, you never took any spelling classes however.
You got "college" and "literature" both wrong.
:laughingtohard:

l921428x
08-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Looked up my Chinese astrology chart and found out that I am a Fire Rooster, how does that fit with Taurus?

swampdragon
08-08-2010, 04:48 AM
Looked up my Chinese astrology chart and found out that I am a Fire Rooster, how does that fit with Taurus?

You're a flaming bull cock.
Hell man.
I dunno.
What do you want from me?
lol...

L1A1Rocker
08-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Obviously, you never took any spelling classes however.
You got "college" and "literature" both wrong.

Yep, lots of problems with that. It's a real struggle, spell check helps but back in "the day" I had to rely on lots of help with proof readers. I also take about twice as long as the average person to read a book. Graduated with a 3.75 but had a Hell of a time when it came to dealing with words on paper. My eyes just don't process things correctly. I like MoeBrowns rules when dealing with spelling. He sumed it up well.

czechburn
08-08-2010, 11:08 AM
I am of czech decent and latter part is a mispelled version of my first name..

ubersoldate
08-08-2010, 11:17 AM
I was playing the pc game, castle wolfenstein when I joined up with this board in like 02 or so...
Character on the game just got my attention..

That and I was raised in Germany and used the name Uber in front of all kinds of cusswords growing up as nicknames!

Batwing
08-08-2010, 11:34 AM
I am of czech decent and latter part is a mispelled version of my first name..

I am also,my last name is very comman in Czechoslovakia,,unfortunately I recently found that it is in the Chicago phonebook is also :(

cevulirn
08-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Its the name of a character from a book I once read. A couple people have actually recognized it over the years.

ATAK, Inc.
08-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Crap, I assumed yours was a ROBOTECH reference.

LOL!!!... What's ROBOTECH?

I had a nickname (and reputation) from when I was on the Thunderbirds, 'Scroggie', cause I was single and had no problem hooking up everywhere we went!

ATAK, Inc.
08-08-2010, 12:13 PM

My first '69 Camaro was called Christine, she always ran perfect for me, but my wife drive it, it would have hot start problems (with a remote solinoid installed), and a phantom WOT stumble with the EFI. Drove my wife nuts, not the problems but the fact that they were not there when I drove it!
Can't wait to see how my newest creation will run! The funds to get her finished are just coming in, so in the next month or two she will hit the road!!!

sar32
08-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Heres how i chose mine,, sar as in the Romy AK-47 and 32 cause i was that age when i joined with Guns Network and know im 38, WOW!! 6 years went by quick.

L1A1Rocker
08-08-2010, 12:59 PM
LOL!!!... What's ROBOTECH?

I had a nickname (and reputation) from when I was on the Thunderbirds, 'Scroggie', cause I was single and had no problem hooking up everywhere we went!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuWlcZRuiVI

Mark Ducati
08-08-2010, 01:02 PM
First name is Mark and I used to ride a Ducati 748 motorcycle when I first joined gunsnet... maybe I should change my name to Mark Vrod now?

RJ Shooter
08-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Quite a few years later I asked Roger (RJ Shooter) to change it from "krupski" to "Krupski" and he did (thanks RJ!) HA! I remember that! :p

Blacksmith
08-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Blacksmiths build weapons and so do I. :firedevil:
When I started posting online I was building my own legal AKM’s and also a hobby Blacksmith.

Hell man.
I dunno.
lol...
:lool:

Krupski
08-08-2010, 02:46 PM

All this time I thought it was your real name....

DesertDawg
08-08-2010, 06:52 PM
mine?? I like humid forest areas and cats.

Meatball
08-08-2010, 07:45 PM
mine?? I like humid forest areas and cats.

I like cats, too...I just can't eat a whole one...

l921428x
08-08-2010, 08:03 PM
:lets-drink::laugh:
Hell man.
I dunno.
lol...

Flaming Bull Cock is phaking hilarious.... thanx
Damn I was blowing bubbles out my nose.

swampdragon
08-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Flaming Bull Cock of Georgia....

Meatball
08-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Flaming Bull Cock of Georgia....

that's his porn name now...

swampdragon
08-08-2010, 09:00 PM
that's his porn name now...

LOL....

You should start a porn name thread where everybody uses Eastern and Western Astrology combined.
Some of the names might be pretty funny.:laugh:
I'm surprised I'm the only one to ever do this before.

old Grump
08-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Okay weisenheimer you started this lets do a thread on it and see what you can make out of mine. Look for Eastern/Western Names thread.

swampdragon
08-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Okay weisenheimer you started this lets do a thread on it and see what you can make out of mine. Look for Eastern/Western Names thread.

OK I looked.
Where is it?

Why do "I" have to make a name for you?
Go out and make a name for your own self ya damned socialist!
lol...

NRAJOE
08-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Patron Life member NRA...name Joe...NRAJOE

old Grump
08-08-2010, 11:36 PM
OK I looked.
Where is it?

Why do "I" have to make a name for you?
Go out and make a name for your own self ya damned socialist!
lol...

Road House , where else? I did make up a name but I figured your devious evil twin would twist it around into something else.

swampdragon
08-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Road House , where else? I did make up a name but I figured your devious evil twin would twist it around into something else.

Yeah. I just found it.

Metal, Fish, Rooster.
That's a tough one.

Steel Cock Shark?

I dunno?

If I was swimming and somebody yelled "LOOK OUT" "It's a Steel Cock Shark!" I'd be pretty damned worried....lol
It would seriously be one of those paranoid WTF moments...ya know? :lool:

F-16 CHIEF
08-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Crew Chief on F-16's.

Oswald Bastable
08-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Yeah. I just found it.

Metal, Fish, Rooster.
That's a tough one.

Steel Cock Shark?

I dunno?

If I was swimming and somebody yelled "LOOK OUT" "It's a Steel Cock Shark!" I'd be pretty damned worried....lol

How about Iron BantyShark?

Banty being a synonym for Rooster...

swampdragon
08-09-2010, 12:24 AM
How about Iron BantyShark?

Banty being a synonym for Rooster...

What's yours?
Chinese year= sign & element of that particular year.
Western zodiac sign.

OG's was Pieces, and year of the Metal Rooster
Cancer & Pisces are supposed to be compatible signs.
Maybe I should ask him out....lol

Oswald Bastable
08-09-2010, 02:25 AM
What's yours?
Western zodiac sign.

Seems he's sweet on you. :D

No clue what mine would be and I don't pay attention to western astrology, so why should I care about chinese? Besides, I'm sure when they finish buying out our country, they'll tell me. :)

old Grump
08-15-2010, 05:53 AM
What's yours?
Western zodiac sign.

Uh, that would be foxhole and hunting cabin buddies, not going out on a date buddies. Besides you couldn't afford me. Oswald on the other hand................

I'll teach you guys for turning this into a RH thread.

Oswald Bastable
08-15-2010, 05:56 AM
Uh, that would be foxhole and hunting cabin buddies, not going out on a date buddies. Besides you couldn't afford me. Oswald on the other hand................

I'll teach you guys for turning this into a RH thread.

You big thavage you, don't get me started on the deep woods cabins.

:D

riceone
08-15-2010, 08:05 AM
I am a rice farmer and naturally think I am no. 1 - so riceone.

sisyphus
08-15-2010, 08:35 AM
I am a rice farmer and naturally think I am no. 1 - so riceone.

Howdy Rice. Seen you over on the Castle Thunder site. Welcome to GN.

RottenII
08-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Pretty obvious. My two pups.

Crash
08-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I had tried a few names but everything seemed to be in use but then my ex called to say she was just in a minor wreck. I was a little PO'ed and typed in Crash and it was available and the rest is history.

smittylite
08-17-2010, 02:14 PM
My college basketball team already had a 'dark', heavier Smitty, so I was Smittylite.

Citizen Pain
08-17-2010, 03:50 PM
-I like pain.
-Authorized to wear sapper tab.

slamfire51
08-17-2010, 03:55 PM
-I like pain.

Being some what ignorant on some things, what is Sapper?

old Grump
08-17-2010, 04:13 PM
-I like pain.
Front line combat engineers. The term goes way way back. They were the poor sods who had to dig the tunnels under an enemies fortifications in order to provide egress for the invading troops or to weaken the wall and try to make it collapse. Uncomfortable if you were under the wall at the time the wall shifted.

Citizen Pain
08-17-2010, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjhHBq0G_is&feature=related

Bettendorf
08-17-2010, 10:31 PM
I joined the site I think July 2002 as RackedAK. I thought that was stupid so HDR changed it to Bettendorf a few months after that. It's just a city I'm from in Iowa. I need to get me an avatar again one of these day.

swampdragon
08-17-2010, 10:37 PM
I joined the site I think July 2002 as RackedAK. I thought that was stupid so HDR changed it to Bettendorf a few months after that. It's just a city I'm from in Iowa. I need to get me an avatar again one of these day.

Good thing HDR changed it for you.
RJ would have changed it to BetYou'reaDork or something.....
:coffee:

j/k

Citizen Pain
08-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Where is a good site to do Chinese astrology? Every site I try is no good. Mine will probably be something gay, I think my animal is a dolphin or Rat or something.

swampdragon
08-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Where is a good site to do Chinese astrology? Every site I try is no good. Mine will probably be something gay, I think my animal is a dolphin or Rat or something.

There are literally hundreds of sites...probably.
Just Google around a little.

old Grump
08-19-2010, 11:54 AM
This will give you the element and animal sign for your year.
http://www.tuvy.com/entertainment/chinese_horoscope.htm

Use this for giggles
http://www.chinesezodiachoroscope.com/index.php

El Jefe
08-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Ah gee, it says I'm an Earth Pig. :smiley_freak:

elkydriver
08-19-2010, 04:00 PM
my screen name comes from the car I was driving when I joined. (Chevy El Camino) Not real imaginative, but hey it works.

For the chinese astrological thing, I am a fire dragon (1976) and my zodiac is Cancer, (July 9) so I guess im just fucked.

Oswald Bastable
08-19-2010, 10:20 PM
my screen name comes from the car I was driving when I joined. (Chevy El Camino) Not real imaginative, but hey it works.

For the chinese astrological thing, I am a fire dragon (1976) and my zodiac is Cancer, (July 9) so I guess im just fucked.

Crabby fire dragon? :D

Spiderhole
08-19-2010, 10:33 PM
My soon to be ex-father in law (who I actually really liked) and I both had/have reclusive offices that were our man caves. I was dating my wife right around when we found Saddam in his spiderhole. He and I started calling our offices our "spiderhole's." I was about 24 or 25 when I joined up here, and am 31 now. I feel a lot different now than when I was a 24 year old!

Draco
08-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Named after my newest peashooter... See avatar.

Uncle Scary
08-20-2010, 11:50 AM
No comment.

recon
08-20-2010, 10:36 PM

You made my night! Haven't laughed so hard in a while! :laugh:

aliceinchains
08-20-2010, 10:47 PM
All depends if you like the dark side.

AK-J
08-21-2010, 05:32 PM
My nick name is Jay. In high school I was given extra nick names like; Crazy Jay, G.I. Jay, Commander Jay, and AK Jay. Thus, AK-J seemed to fit here.

aliceinchains
08-21-2010, 06:51 PM
layne staley sang about things you would not understand unless you really listened.

Some say we are born into the grave.

deth502
08-21-2010, 08:05 PM
teh short abbreviated version of the story......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uraLf81r3Kw

slamfire51
09-16-2010, 06:38 PM
There's a lot of new and returning members.
So, let's have your "how I chose my screen name" story.
Welcome new and old members.

Penguin
09-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Penguin has just always been my nick name because I like penguins. I guess just about every one now knows me as penguin on the gun boards and at gun shows etc..

I have been using the same old avatar forever. It is well a penguin. :wiggle-butt: Any of 17 species of flightless birds that live in the southern hemisphere.

The Bud Ice Penguin to be specific is what I used for my avatar. It seemed to make sense since while cruising the gun boards you are sitting and reading. It is where my signiture line comes from. I used to find those comercials halerious while watching hockey games. I don't think that any one has ever yet placed exactly what penguin it is.

If I was to start all over I would probably use one of the penguins from that madagascar movie. That is about the funniest stuff ever. Exactly my sense of humor. So much so that I have to wonder if who ever cooked up those 4 penguins up knew me.

Edited to add, a useless fact. The Penguin thing we have here that goes with all the other smiles I even know where that came from... Yeah I tend to find just about every useless penguin thing.

samiam
09-16-2010, 08:54 PM
I do not like green eggs and ham . . . I do not like that samiam

O.S.O.K.
09-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Well, mine's pretty obvious.

It's my deer hunting philosophy. I strive to make the first shot count.

And Gandolf with an AK just hit my button. He could have used one when dealing with the Balrog or the Uruk-hai at Helm's Deep...

According to swampdragon, I should have something like "El toro metálico" for my screen name.... metal bull... go figure.

MOP
09-16-2010, 09:36 PM
MOP = Ministry of Propaganda

sniper_n_training
09-16-2010, 11:47 PM
I was trying to join the Army shortly before turning 18, and my recruiter (R.I.P SSgt. Laurent Jerome West http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/ljwest.htm) was a cav scout. Him and I were real good friends and he would take me out shooting all the time to help improve my shooting skills. Once I started getting decent with longer range shots, he started calling me his "sniper in training".
It may not be the most interesting screenname story around here, but it means alot to me.

As for the avatar, those familiar with the original Playstation 1 & 2 game series "Silent Hill" should know the sign.

crapshoot
09-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Because I know they wouldn't let me use GoFuckYourselfYouFuckingAsshole for a screen name.

Oswald Bastable
09-17-2010, 12:56 AM
Because I know they wouldn't let me use GoFuckYourselfYouFuckingAsshole for a screen name.

LOL!!!

gunnutz
11-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Well since this old thread just appeared out of nowhere, Back in the good old days of ak-47.net, whilst lurking, my wife in her all her skepticism said something like " What, your on one those gun nut sites again? Hence the name gunnutz
Man I've learned a lot since then, I bought a few C&R's after i got my licence. mosins and turk's mostly, ufix-em's and such. Then I bought 2 ak's MAADI and SAR 1 , Then my cetme glock p-64 and cz52. Not much else in the past few years, just ammo.
I really need to get another C&R licence, because I didn't renew it with osamma in office should have but reality sucks.
I had to have hernia surgery and sold the Romy, then the 2 sewer pipe turks then the
M-44,s. But I still have the CETME, Egyptian, a 91/30, pistols, three ak parts kits, one ewbanks receiver and a 90% BFH bubbafied pistol build. and yes, the pistol is riveted.
Hay come to think of it , What ever happened to DROOG? I think that,s right...Slam, He shortened a couple of bbls for you IIRC. hook me up.

Tx Dogblaster
11-29-2010, 03:07 PM
I just used the same name that I use on a couple of predator hunting forums. It was easier than having to remember different names for different forums. I was on the predator forums first so that's the name that stuck...

Integratedj
11-29-2010, 06:13 PM

Nope,
"TURKEY SKIN!!! GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE"!!!

My screen names come from me working in Home Integration/Sick ass theater at the time I signed up here, plus one of my initials.

6gunsal
11-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Hasn't there already been one or two of these name threads on the new site??

6gunsal = Six-gun Sal, which is how I thought the Bad Company lyrics went when I first started using the handle to play MOHAA online :/

nfa1934
11-29-2010, 07:08 PM
I like to play with NFA toys, so I just threw nfa1934 out there without thinking about it. In hindsight, it's a terrible name because the National Firearms Act is a bad thing. I've been on the board long enough I don't want to mess with a name change, so I kept it when Gunsnet came back online.