PDA

View Full Version : Best Bipod for AK?

Hobe Sound AK
07-03-2011, 05:14 PM
I am tired of messing with those Sandbag's on my Range, I once used a Norinco Bipod for the AK and SKS, but it was cheap and Frail, What is a good Solid Bipod for AK's? I have a Norinco. Thanks. Paul

Schuetzenman
07-03-2011, 09:30 PM
The only good bipods are not made for AK weapons. You will have to mount a base to your lower handguard. In doing so you will bastardize your Norinco. If it's a Mak 90 then probably a wash, no big deal on the value. If it's a pre 1989 Bush ban Norinco AK you will be seriously damaging the value of the weapon.

Hobe Sound AK
07-04-2011, 02:07 AM
Mine is a preban Norinco Underfolder. guess I will stay with the clip on ones. by the way are you a Atlanta Falcons Fan too?

Schuetzenman
07-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Mine is a preban Norinco Underfolder. guess I will stay with the clip on ones. by the way are you a Atlanta Falcons Fan too?

No, I am not a Falcons fan. I am no fan of any organized team sport. I realize I am unusual in that aspect, as most people do hook their emotions to some team sport group. The sport I care about is precission marksmanship with firearms.

Hobe Sound AK
07-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Me too.

squid0812
09-01-2011, 02:30 AM
I was actually looking for a quick detach bipod to throw my UGT quad rail for the Bulgy. Let me know if you find one.

binky59
09-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I was actually looking for a quick detach bipod to throw my UGT quad rail for the Bulgy. Let me know if you find one.

Check on Amazon, they have a few that attach either to a pictinny rail or a swivel mount, you get the swivel with the bipod. One side note:
if you are using 30rnd mags or a drum, you will want the bipod that extends from 9"-13", if not you can go with the 6"-9" . Outdoor Bunker
has good prices also. I have both attached and the metal clamp on types with carry pouchs, I like them both.

sniper_n_training
09-01-2011, 06:17 PM
I run this when im out shooting my 5.45 AK and not near a bench:
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_65/products_id/1455

Works great and the one I got from APEX was brand new in about 4 layers of wax paper and covered in cosmo. It's a neat addition that gets used quite a bit. The picture doesn't do the bi-pod justice. It's a nice, solid built piece. Obviously not a $100 Harris, but for a AK, it works just fine.