PDA

View Full Version : Zastava M95A

jojo
07-04-2011, 04:39 PM
A few years ago I bought a Zastava M95A kit and 2 Zastava M85 kits from ORF (as you know they are 5.56x45). Never got around to getting an SBR for the 85 builds but finally got the M95A finished. Runs like a champ. Built on Nodak Spud receiver. It was a new demilled rifle so all I did was refinish and bake the receiver before I pressed the rivets in. All 3 have the flip up night sights and the lamps are still good. A cleaning rod and sling and I'll be fixed up. When I bought them I went ahead and bought 15 of the original Yugo mags that go with them.

I still have to get my papers in order before building the 2 Zastava M85 kits but there's no rush. I wanted to do them right. I have the receivers already just haven't got around to the paperwork. Guess I should get started on that so I'll have a good winter time project.

Anyway gonna try to post some pics.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/asmcjoe/zastava001.jpg

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/asmcjoe/zastava002.jpg

El Laton Caliente
07-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Nice! I need to get mine built...

Schuetzenman
07-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Oh that is so frigging sweet! Congrats, you've done a wonderful job on it. Have you shot it yet, how does it group?

sniper_n_training
07-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Very nice looking build you have there! Congrats!

bovver
07-04-2011, 06:59 PM
You have a very sweet rifle!
I do not own any 5.56 rifles,this I would love to have.
You did a Fine job.

Partisan1983
07-04-2011, 08:12 PM
She is gorgeous!!!!

I'm jealous man.

jojo
07-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys.

I haven't put it on paper yet. Just function tested it. After looking at it I see there is no hole thru the lower handguard for a cleaning rod. There is a very small hole thru the bayonet lug and the front site base looks like it should take a cleaning rod. That's odd. I sure like the flip up night sites, adjustable gas system and bolt hold-open.

The Nodak receiver is sweeet. Built like an RPK. They even put the detent for semi and full on them. It went together so easy. Now to see how she prints on paper.

As most of you probably know the bolt guide rails on the Y556 receivers from Nodak ride a little high in the receiver (not sure why) but it requires you to build up the hammer and re profile it. Otherwise the bolt will never push the hammer down far enough to full cock.

It takes Bulgarian 5.56x45 mags so that's a plus. I have a crap load of them from when I bought some Bulgarian Krink kits in the old days.

rahatlakhoom
07-05-2011, 04:29 PM
That is one under rated rifle.
I have built two. One on a NDS receiver and one on a ColdSteel Yugo blank.
They are exceptional. I ran several US compliant part buys on the flash hider
and sold probably 400 pieces for this on various forums for 3-4 years.

Your's looks really fabulous.
Congrats. Good luck on your M85's
I never did pick up one of these.
:pissed:

jojo
07-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Congrats. Good luck on your M85's
I never did pick up one of these.
:pissed:

It was my understanding that only 50 of the M85 kits were ever imported. This of course was according to Todd the owner of ORF (think he died of liver failure or the likes). I have no reason to doubt him as I have never seen them again and he was always up front and honest with me. I bought a lot of stuff from him for sure. (You know you are buying too much stuff when they recognize your voice on the phone).

Gunsmoke
07-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Jojo

Todd did not import these nor was he ever an importer....... know the importer and the exporter. 300 M85 .223's Hope this helps.

Todd was an 07 manuacturer and an 01 FFL.

Helen Keller
07-08-2011, 05:31 PM
NICE!!!!!

I've been tempted by these.

O.S.O.K.
07-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Suweet - very nice. Great job on the rivets :)

And good move on the mags. That's the one "soft" spot of these.

Izzy
07-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Oh please do let show us a tight group...something more to show the AR crowd that a well made AK is not the underdog.

El Laton Caliente
07-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Anyone know who has mags? I kept putting off buying 5 to 10 and now I can't find any. I'm even having a hard time finding the black Bulgie .223s.

jojo
07-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Jojo

Todd did not import these nor was he ever an importer....... know the importer and the exporter. 300 M85 .223's Hope this helps.

Todd was an 07 manuacturer and an 01 FFL.

Thanks for the info. I probably just misunderstood him. I just know who I dealt with. I bought 4 M92, 2 M85, M95A and some Bulgarian kits. Maybe ORF just had the kits for building or something. I recall he had quite a few virgin kits but everything I bought was new demilled. He sure had some nice kits no doubt and they weren't that terribly high IMHO. Todd was good about working with you and throwing in extras like mags.

I'll try to get out and put it on paper. The heat index has been between 107 and 117 degrees and I haven't been anxious to get out in it any more than I have to. I'm soft.

jojo
07-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Anyone know who has mags? I kept putting off buying 5 to 10 and now I can't find any. I'm even having a hard time finding the black Bulgie .223s.

I just saw 2 on Gunbroker tonight but can't find them again. Not sure how I searched. You might want to settle for Bulgarian cause the originals are pretty steep.

Integratedj
09-06-2011, 09:40 PM
That M95 looks awesome. I've always wanted one of them and missed my chance at the kits.
When you go to do the M85's be prepared for cycling issues and having to really tweak them to run right. I've seen 4 of them down here now done by different smiths and not one ran right the first couple of times. Lots of Short stroking issues. Lot's of trips back and forth from smith to range. Once they run their great and a whole lot of fun.

ddarion153
10-12-2011, 04:22 AM
Oh that is so frigging sweet! Congrats, you've done a wonderful job on it. Have you shot it yet, how does it group?

l921428x
10-12-2011, 04:28 AM
That is one nice looking rifle!!

Schuetzenman
10-12-2011, 06:00 AM
So did you ever get it on paper?

jojo
10-12-2011, 08:16 AM
I got sidetracked building the 84S. Weather and chores permitting, I plan on taking 84S, M95 and an M1A out this weekend.

insider
11-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Now it's November, where is the range report?:ak:

jojo
11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Now it's November, where is the range report?:ak:

I've got a rubber tube draining blood out of my abdomen from a botched appendectomy where I have spent 23 days in the hospital. I'm taking baby steps now and trust me I would much more prefer to be shooting but it's a little difficult when you have difficulty putting your shoes on.

Stay with me, I've got about 3 rifles that I have got to get to the range (my back yard) but sometimes life isn't a ticker tape parade.

Edited:

Insider I apologize for the smart ass response. I will get you guys a range report. It's just that I can't hardly hold a phone to my head right now but I will get the M1A, Chinese AK in .223 and the M95 on paper and make a separate post on them. I just don't know when at this point because I just got out of diapers about 5 days ago, can't put my clothes on by myself, have to have help taking a shower etc....... It's a challenge and tiring for me to sit up straight and try to catch up with what's been going on with you guys.

I know I must seem like all show and no go after my build frenzy but I will get it done.

greeenie
11-11-2011, 03:34 PM
forgive my ignorance, but where did u get that kit and what did it run u?

jojo
11-11-2011, 09:46 PM
I got it from a company called Ohio Rapid Fire (owner died and company dissolved) and best I can remember (it's been a few years ago) I gave somewhere around $375 - $400 for it. I got kind of a package deal cause I bought some M92's and M85 Krink kits and a butt load of magazines for the original Zastava 5.56x45 at the same time. They were all unfired and the lamps on all of the tritium night sights were bright.

In retrospect I wish I had bought a few more of the M95's but the original magazines for the M85's and the M95 was a determining factor in it at the time. The mags were pretty high and I bought enough to have at least 6 (8) for each kit I'll have to check.

dja9520
11-14-2011, 01:57 AM
Nice! that's one beautiful gun

Full Otto
11-14-2011, 01:35 PM
I've got a rubber tube draining blood out of my abdomen from a botched appendectomy where I have spent 23 days in the hospital.

Damn, you should have done it yourself

jojo
11-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Damn, you should have done it yourself

You got that right. If my family hadn't moved me to a different hospital I think I might not be here to day. I am completely miserable and it's been a month. Maybe they can get this damn tube out of me this Thursday. I went last Thursday hoping they would remove it and they said 3 more weeks or have to surgically remove it. Dammit Man

insider
11-20-2011, 11:18 AM
I've got a rubber tube draining blood out of my abdomen from a botched appendectomy where I have spent 23 days in the hospital. I'm taking baby steps now and trust me I would much more prefer to be shooting but it's a little difficult when you have difficulty putting your shoes on.

Stay with me, I've got about 3 rifles that I have got to get to the range (my back yard) but sometimes life isn't a ticker tape parade.

Edited:

Insider I apologize for the smart ass response. I will get you guys a range report. It's just that I can't hardly hold a phone to my head right now but I will get the M1A, Chinese AK in .223 and the M95 on paper and make a separate post on them. I just don't know when at this point because I just got out of diapers about 5 days ago, can't put my clothes on by myself, have to have help taking a shower etc....... It's a challenge and tiring for me to sit up straight and try to catch up with what's been going on with you guys.

I know I must seem like all show and no go after my build frenzy but I will get it done.

Holy sheet dude! I am so sorry to hear that. Get well soon! Here's some eye candy to cheer you up-
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo151/insider/m9007.jpg

jojo
11-20-2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the tease. If you don't mind my asking did you buy it built or in a kit. Does it group well at 100 yds. Looks sweet.

I got that hose out of my abdomen Thursday and am feeling better each day so I can't wait to get to the range. I hope I can do this at the end of the week or beginning of next week. This house is like a prison. I'm gonna prep a friend of mine to help me get at least on or two of the rifles to the range. Even if we don't sight them in just to see what kind of group we can get with them.

insider
11-21-2011, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the tease. If you don't mind my asking did you buy it built or in a kit. Does it group well at 100 yds. Looks sweet.

I got that hose out of my abdomen Thursday and am feeling better each day so I can't wait to get to the range. I hope I can do this at the end of the week or beginning of next week. This house is like a prison. I'm gonna prep a friend of mine to help me get at least on or two of the rifles to the range. Even if we don't sight them in just to see what kind of group we can get with them.
Lets just say I've got that baby on layaway. I've always wanted one with a fixed stock, and I found one for sale on another forum.
A fixed stock Yugo 70 goes with it, a matching set! I've already paid for one, I'm paying for the other when I pick it up. You gotta love those Yugo's! Both are built on Nodak receivers.
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo151/insider/BOCEFUSKIT.jpg

Schuetzenman
11-21-2011, 07:31 AM

Edited:

Now this is a case of Malpractice if I ever heard of one. How incompentant does a Doctor have to be to fuck up a simple operation like an appendectomy? What they do, forget to put stiches in after they cut it off?

jojo
11-21-2011, 07:47 PM
I think they actually punctured my intestines and then sewed it up. So far I've gone from 222 lbs to 195 lbs but I'm getting stronger everyday. After 16 days in the one hospital my family could see that I was only getting worse every day so they moved me to another which identified the problem immediately and I have been getting better ever since.

At this point I'm happy to be alive.

insider
11-24-2011, 11:34 PM
I think they actually punctured my intestines and then sewed it up. So far I've gone from 222 lbs to 195 lbs but I'm getting stronger everyday. After 16 days in the one hospital my family could see that I was only getting worse every day so they moved me to another which identified the problem immediately and I have been getting better ever since.

Your damn lucky you didn't get a staph infection. A buddy of mine went for knee surgery, caught a staph infection, dead at 50!

Gunsmoke
12-06-2011, 05:28 PM
They are as if not more accurate than an M4.....they are really welll ballanced and basically kick-ass. Smooth as silk and very little recoil. Not to mention very rare. Serbia never fielded the rifle for its troops production is similar at 1000 units like the M21 Internal Special Forces Units.

The heavy barrel 1/7 is a direct copy of the M4 contour.

bigj480
12-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Very nice examples, guys. I've been looking to add a .223 Yugo to the collection.

l921428x
12-13-2011, 01:40 AM

Get well, we can wait.

jojo
12-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Not as scientific as many of you do at the range but a friend and I went to the range and fired the Zastava M95, the 84S that I parted together a few months ago and a couple M1A's. It was cold as the dickens and we really didn't have time to concentrate on any specific weapon that I brought as we got a late, their were people at the range and my friend was trying to get a hunting rifle sighted in.

I did get him to fire a couple of off hand 10 round strings at the targets with each rifle. The 84S is the target on the left and the Zastava is the one on the right. Not sure what the targets were designed for as they were way smaller than full silhouette.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/asmcjoe/Picture017.jpg
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/asmcjoe/Picture022.jpg

imanaknut
12-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Didn't post this in your other thread, but that M95 has been on my want list forever. Just never was able to bring myself up to paying the going prices the couple of times I have seen them.

Nice table decorations!!! Enjoy!!!

insider
02-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Home safe and sound.
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo151/insider/m9003.jpg

l921428x
02-07-2012, 03:47 AM
Home safe and sound. That Yugo grouped better that the 84s.
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo151/insider/DSCN0738-2.jpg

How much better?

insider
06-20-2012, 12:50 AM
How much better?
Better than Ezra!
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo151/insider/BOCEFUSKIT.jpg