PDA

View Full Version : I found a Chinese underfolder - Is it worth it?

poolrulz
07-04-2011, 09:42 PM
I've got a NORINCO MAK-90 that was made for an underfolder (you know it has tab and a big rivet through where the underfolder would mount). It has never been fired and ive had it about 14 years. it is stamped with a threaded barrel and a thumb hole stock, the bayonet lug has been removed. it is in great shape. I have found a Chinese underfolding stock to go it and I figure i can get the compliance parts i need for a legal conversion for about $50-60. But this underfolding stock is going to cost about $90.00. So do you think it's worth it...more specificly will it increase the value of my MAK-90 by $150-160

I appriciate any input

imanaknut
07-04-2011, 11:17 PM
It is hard to say what adding an underfolder to the MAK-90 would do to the value. The ones with the receiver for the underfolder do sell for more, but would it be worth you doing the work and then selling it? Personally I would say no.

If you wanted to keep the rifle as an underfolder, I would be 100% behind returning it to it's former glory, but if your sole intent is to sell it, my two cents is not to waste your time. I know a few people that have the folding hardware and are looking for either the MAK-90 or NHM90 like yours with the receiver for the folder, and want to do the conversion themselves, but not likely to buy one already converted.

The above is my opinion, worth nothing more than the ink this is not written on.

Good luck with what ever you do, but my true 2 cents is either convert it and enjoy or sell as is.

El Laton Caliente
07-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Would I do it for resale... No.

Would I do it for the cool factor and to have a Chinese undefolder? OH HELL YEA!

Schuetzenman
07-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Would I do it for resale... No.

Would I do it for the cool factor and to have a Chinese undefolder? OH HELL YEA!

This.