PDA

View Full Version : My 4th of July ..... now I know why I avoid people .... ;)

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Good fireworks show .....

Let's see, I got my check list for the night:

1) Got hit in the back of the head with a rock by a Mexican kid who was throwing rocks with his other little 8 yr old Mexican friends, while his parents jabbered on in Spanish and didn't even CHECK on their little kids, despite them running around near a pretty high cliff on a hill.

2) Had to listen to a Chinese man jabber on his cell phone through the entire fireworks show LOUDLY in Chinese.

3) Had some yuppie asshole White guy try to cut in line with his SUV even though I was dutifully waiting my turn in traffic to get the hell out of there AFTER the show. This fucktard drove on the wrong side of the road for 1/2 a mile to cut in line (I could see him in my rear view mirror). When the road bottle necked, he yelled out his window "Hey! You mind?!?!?! You mind letting me in there?!!"

4) Had two black guys start fighting each other, while an El Salvadoran man threw up on himself.

5) Had the unusual luck of GREEK tourists plop their lawn chairs right in front of ME, when I had staked out my spot for hours ahead of time.

6) Had some hippie Liberal White chick with long unwashed hair make a snide comment about my pro gun bumper sticker, while riding her bike and wearing a tie die dress......

Ah yes, the joys of the 4th, if only I didn't have to run into the PUBLIC to enjoy it :D

Happy 4th fellas! :D

old Grump
07-05-2011, 02:31 AM
So you enjoyed yourself immensely huh?

Kadmos
07-05-2011, 03:04 AM

Wouldn't be happy if he didn't have something to complain about ;)

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 03:09 AM

I enjoyed the fireworks. :D But I'd gladly ship out these persons out to your neck of the woods on the next available transport!

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 03:09 AM
Wouldn't be happy if he didn't have something to complain about ;)
Oh there will always be liberals, so yes, I will always be complaining about their idiocy! :D

Solidus-snake
07-05-2011, 05:15 AM
A lot more diverse than my local show. All you see there are a few Mexicans.and a bunch of mullet wearing crackhead/ meth addict rednecks...

mriddick
07-05-2011, 05:37 AM
I enjoyed the fireworks. :D But I'd gladly ship out these persons out to your neck of the woods on the next available transport!

No they need to stay exactly where they are, the more they all stay in one state the less damage they can do nationally. As for the rest I'm afraid that describes about every event I've ever heard of for 40 years.

Schuetzenman
07-05-2011, 06:01 AM
Umm, yeah, exactly why I don't go to public fireworks displays.

yankeedog
07-05-2011, 06:10 AM
Umm, yeah, exactly why I don't go to public fireworks displays.
Yea you might meet people at a public event.
Its a good thing walmart is open 24/7 so you all can slip in and out at 2:30am so you don't have to nod your head at anyone you might meet while stocking up on canned goods for the end of the world that might come daily.

mriddick
07-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Yea you might meet people at a public event.
Its a good thing walmart is open 24/7 so you all can slip in and out at 2:30am so you don't have to nod your head at anyone you might meet while stocking up on canned goods for the end of the world that might come daily.

Equating shopping with a public gathering like a fireworks display, really? Even the most crowded Wal-Mart I've been in had plenty of space between me and the next person, unlike the normal fireworks show where you're herded in like cattle from start to finish.

bum_whisperer
07-05-2011, 08:09 AM
You choose to live there and comingle with those types...suck it up already or move. :crybaby:

cevulirn
07-05-2011, 08:17 AM
My fireworks show was just my family and the neighbor.

ltorlo64
07-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Good fireworks show .....

Let's see, I got my check list for the night:

1) Got hit in the back of the head with a rock by a Mexican kid who was throwing rocks with his other little 8 yr old Mexican friends, while his parents jabbered on in Spanish and didn't even CHECK on their little kids, despite them running around near a pretty high cliff on a hill.

2) Had to listen to a Chinese man jabber on his cell phone through the entire fireworks show LOUDLY in Chinese.

3) Had some yuppie asshole White guy try to cut in line with his SUV even though I was dutifully waiting my turn in traffic to get the hell out of there AFTER the show. This fucktard drove on the wrong side of the road for 1/2 a mile to cut in line (I could see him in my rear view mirror). When the road bottle necked, he yelled out his window "Hey! You mind?!?!?! You mind letting me in there?!!"

4) Had two black guys start fighting each other, while an El Salvadoran man threw up on himself.

5) Had the unusual luck of GREEK tourists plop their lawn chairs right in front of ME, when I had staked out my spot for hours ahead of time.

6) Had some hippie Liberal White chick with long unwashed hair make a snide comment about my pro gun bumper sticker, while riding her bike and wearing a tie die dress......

Ah yes, the joys of the 4th, if only I didn't have to run into the PUBLIC to enjoy it :D

Happy 4th fellas! :D

That is great! I noticed that you are not prejudice, everyone annoys you equally!

Glad you enjoyed the show, sorry so many people tried to distract you.

davepool
07-05-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm not a fan of big crowds either. Crowds seem to bring out the "stupid" in people sometimes, and i'm getting too old and cranky to put up with that crap anymore

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 01:33 PM
That is great! I noticed that you are not prejudice, everyone annoys you equally!

I'm like Dirty Harry, I hate everyone EQUALLY! :laugh:

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 01:41 PM
You choose to live there and comingle with those types...suck it up already or move. :crybaby:
Yeah, good answer. :asshole2:

It's so easy to MOVE. So easy to commute hundreds of miles to take care of elderly relatives. And my current job is tied to this region and we all know how plentiful JOBS are everywhere else, why I should ditch the one I finally got after a year of looking to move to another state :D

But right now the season is such that THIS is a much more common sight :D
http://www.adrants.com/images/bikini_girls.jpg

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm not a fan of big crowds either. Crowds seem to bring out the "stupid" in people sometimes, and i'm getting too old and cranky to put up with that crap anymore

+1,000,000! You get it! BIG CROWDS make people crazy. I've been to rock concerts, the beach on a hot day, amusement parks at the height of vacation season .... it's all the same. Crowds make you crazy.

El Duce
07-05-2011, 02:57 PM

Same here.

blacksheep
07-05-2011, 03:07 PM

Alright what is wrong with your boot < next available transport.:lmao3:

yankeedog
07-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
I included the whole neighborhood while i shot rockets all over the place.
One rocket caught a neighbors tree on fire a half a block away!

bum_whisperer
07-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah, good answer. :asshole2:

It's so easy to MOVE. So easy to commute hundreds of miles to take care of elderly relatives. And my current job is tied to this region and we all know how plentiful JOBS are everywhere else, why I should ditch the one I finally got after a year of looking to move to another state :D

But right now the season is such that THIS is a much more common sight :D
http://www.adrants.com/images/bikini_girls.jpg

If it's that good, quit bitching about it. See, you can't because you can't make up your mind, like one of them, because you are one of them; whether you like it or not, that's how it is. :sheeple:

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 05:10 PM
If it's that good, quit bitching about it. See, you can't because you can't make up your mind, like one of them, because you are one of them; whether you like it or not, that's how it is. :sheeple:

Wow, another member who thinks he's being clever when he's actually quite stupid. :shitonu:

The bitchfest was also for entertainment purposes. I was just astonished at the stupidity. Now you'll be telling the other members to NOT POST stories about the stupid shit they saw the 'other day' lest they be 'bitchers'.

YOU'RE the one who equates the stupidity with being in California. I said nothing of the sort. I was noting how LARGE CROWDS reveal the stupid amongst us, and that includes large crowds in whatever location YOU happen to inhabit. Try to stop being clever, your dumbness is showing :D

old Grump
07-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I was noting how LARGE CROWDS reveal the stupid amongst us, and that includes large crowds in whatever location YOU happen to inhabit.And that my friend is why I live in the sticks. I like cities just fine as long as everybody stays home but large public gatherings and this old country boy do not mix well.

An instance is the Blues Fest in Chicago. I loved it on the radio, in person not so much and that was not an unruly mob but pretty much just music lovers. Still when you have 10% idiots in a 300,000 people gathering that makes for a lot of idiots and walking on icecream and some ass making out on a blanket in the middle of the crowd with his boom box turned on loud to some heavy metal rock program....in the middle of Blues Fest. Thelonius Monk was on stage and I couldn't hear a note. That night they replayed it and I recorded it on my little cassette recorder but somehow it's just not the same. He died shortly after that and that would have been the only time I could have caught a live performance.

I can get along with the skunks and coons and possum and wild turkey better than I can get along with large groups of Homo Sapiens.

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 10:39 PM
And that my friend is why I live in the sticks. I like cities just fine as long as everybody stays home but large public gatherings and this old country boy do not mix well .

And I LOVE and RESPECT that reason for being in the sticks. Large groups of people expose you to the worst of us in a short amount of time. I'm fine dealing with the amount of folks I have to deal with on a daily basis, but as I get older I don't look forward to ANY place where it's wall to wall people. The DUMBFUCKS always show up, many times with their holy terror unsupervised kids in tow! Now I don't blame a 7 yr old for being a brat, I blame the parents for ignoring him/her as they're misbehaving in public. That's just bad parentlng.

Old Grump, I would have stomped that fucktard boombox! What a douchebag! He blares metal inappropriately (and I like metal, but it's just rude to do that at a Blues festival). Guys like that are just giving a big "Fuck you" to the crowd. I hate guys like that. You EVER need to stomp one of those dudes, give me a call, I'll help ... and bring the beer! :D

bum_whisperer
07-06-2011, 08:01 AM
I was noting how LARGE CROWDS reveal the stupid amongst us...

Note taken. I was noting that you were part of that large crowd..logic dictates the rest.

I live in between the largely crowded coasts where the idiots won't and can't congregate. You can have it. :lol:

shorthair
07-06-2011, 08:26 AM
"now I know why I avoid people .... ;)"

I live out in the burbs, on dirt roads but you can't avoid the Idiots. You know the ones that shoot off the big ones at 4:00am on Sunday morning. That ruined my night and all Sunday.

Warthogg
07-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Thelonius Monk was on stage and I couldn't hear a note.

You are SOOOO lucky !!

Wart

Cypher
07-06-2011, 03:02 PM
I know what you mean. I don't mind some what of a crowd but when it's shoe to shoe crowded I can't stand it.

There are always selfish, ignorant people when your in big groups liek that or you just notice them more when it's crowded.

old Grump
07-06-2011, 03:15 PM
You are SOOOO lucky !!

WartKnow nothing about good music huh?