PDA

View Full Version : No Thumb Holes on Falling Skies.

Hobe Sound AK
07-05-2011, 12:24 PM
While Our Hero lost his Type-56-1 he is now carring a Fixed Stock AKM, I hope he get's his Underfolder back. I have not noticed any Post Ban Chinese Gun's in the Movie, that is good, a Thumbhole AK was good for nothing. you cound not have even given me one, It was not worth the massive Effort to convert one over to Pre ban Status.

RJ Shooter
07-05-2011, 12:38 PM
LOL!!! I noticed the one child carrying a nice Galil though! ;)

Hobe Sound AK
07-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Yea everyone seem's to be carring a good Quality Assault Rifle, in the Show. Havent seen anything heavy like Armor, or Planes, yet.

RJ Shooter
07-05-2011, 12:52 PM
All Mech has been taken out by the Aliens, from what I gather. Small arms are all that's left, and makes more sense when you look at historical resistance situations. ;)

Hobe Sound AK
07-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Thats Dale Dye playing the Commander. The Guy Playing the CPT. is good also. I like the new Girl Maggie.

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 05:24 PM
While Our Hero lost his Type-56-1 he is now carring a Fixed Stock AKM, I hope he get's his Underfolder back. I have not noticed any Post Ban Chinese Gun's in the Movie, that is good, a Thumbhole AK was good for nothing. you cound not have even given me one, It was not worth the massive Effort to convert one over to Pre ban Status.

You're kinda missing the point. The weapons are the ones that exist in MOVIE ARMORIES and as far as I know, no Movie Armory ever bought those thumbhole guns, or if they did, they converted them right away. It has NO BEARING on the story or what 'would' be available to civilians. IN fact I'm kinda annoyed that they imply that AKs were acquired via the National Guard Armories, since we all know that's bullshit, all GOVERNMENT facilities only stock what the Army uses. Also WAY TOO MANY full auto weapons, being that they have to be civilian guns. So again, we're back to the "What did the movie gun rental house have on stock at the time?" :D

bovver
07-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Not one person here knows how to make a full auto?
I see that post alot on other boards,"how they get full autos".

I know when the satanic alien force gets here for reals I will have more than just full auto.

Edit:If you ever spent some time in southern california you would know how easy it is to buy a full auto.

Hobe Sound AK
07-05-2011, 05:49 PM
That Right, now that you mention it, I dont ever recall seeing a Post Ban, Rifle on TV. Your right Armories would have only Had current Army Issue. We still have that constant Chambering of Rounds in the Show. I wish Holywood would realize that after Chambering the first Round, you are good till the Magazine is Empty!

Sergi762
07-05-2011, 06:13 PM

oh come now I am sure they weren't THAT bad. they work don't they? They take standard mags don't they? its still better than a WASR but I digress..

Hobe Sound AK
07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Your right of course! Sergi. I was just saying that because I dont like Post Bans, but that is only from a Cosmetic Point anyway, same Rifle and same AK Quality. Nothing wrong with the Function of the Rifle which is what matters anyway. Paul

Krupski
07-05-2011, 08:04 PM

A full auto Kalashnikov is a 5mm and 6mm carbide drill, $20 worth of parts and 20 years in Club Fed.

Guess they missed the part about "Shall not be infringed".

bovver
07-05-2011, 08:12 PM
A full auto Kalashnikov is a 5mm and 6mm carbide drill, $20 worth of parts and 20 years in Club Fed.

Guess they missed the part about "Shall not be infringed".
In the text of the TV show one could build one,Not in real life would they do it for reals.

Schuetzenman
07-05-2011, 09:35 PM

Your post reminded me I forgot to watch it Sunday night. So I went to On Demand as I have Comcast cable and watched that episode. I like being able to FF through the comercials. :D

RJ Shooter
07-05-2011, 09:38 PM
LOL! Almost everything I watch is on DVR now... HATE COMMERCIALS!!! :D

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 10:28 PM
I see that post alot on other boards,"how they get full autos".

I know when the satanic alien force gets here for reals I will have more than just full auto.

Edit:If you ever spent some time in southern california you would know how easy it is to buy a full auto.

These characters are portrayed as 'everyday folk' not experienced gun enthusiasts. BIG DIFFERENCE. Also I don't know where YOU hang out in Southern California, Bama Boy ;) But I don't run in circles that offer or build illegal FULL AUTO guns. That's just 'looking for trouble' and most of the time, it's either an illegal street gang OR a cop trying to entrap you. Don't know what our California stereotype is out there in Alabama, but the last time I actually got offered 'under the table' full autos was back in the 1980s. I did not take them up on their offer. :D

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 10:31 PM
That Right, now that you mention it, I dont ever recall seeing a Post Ban, Rifle on TV. Your right Armories would have only Had current Army Issue. We still have that constant Chambering of Rounds in the Show. I wish Holywood would realize that after Chambering the first Round, you are good till the Magazine is Empty!

A lot of that is the editor (and many of those Hollywood liberal directors don't know shit about guns anyway). I do like the comedy 'Loaded Weapon' (even if it has that anti gun douchebag Emilio Estevez in it) because every time his character pointed his gun around a corner, the sound effect was of a shotgun racking a round. Even if he was moving along hallways and jumping out 8 times in 15 seconds, you'd hear that sound! LOL!!!!!

bovver
07-05-2011, 11:53 PM
These characters are portrayed as 'everyday folk' not experienced gun enthusiasts. BIG DIFFERENCE. Also I don't know where YOU hang out in Southern California, Bama Boy ;) But I don't run in circles that offer or build illegal FULL AUTO guns. That's just 'looking for trouble' and most of the time, it's either an illegal street gang OR a cop trying to entrap you. Don't know what our California stereotype is out there in Alabama, but the last time I actually got offered 'under the table' full autos was back in the 1980s. I did not take them up on their offer. :D
Im from Long Beach area California.
Paramount to be exact.
you know,between compton and bellflower
You dont have to be in a gang to know who,what,when or where.
And you dont have to be in a gang to be born and raised on the same side of the tracks as they are.
You grow up with them,you know whos a cop.(If thats what your looking for)
Unless your from there,you dont understand.
And the point is,for the show it would be easy to get FA guns from police stations,dead gang bangers etc.
Also
The tv show pilot shows military and ex mil that would know how to FA the firearms.

ok....monkey boy?:rolleyes1: