PDA

View Full Version : Back From Maui...

ATAK, Inc.
07-05-2011, 12:41 PM
What a great vacation!!!

The low points were gas @ $4.39/gallon and cigs @ $9.99/pack!

Everything else was a high point!

Will get some pics up in a bit, playing catch up on life at the moment.

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 01:44 PM
What a great vacation!!!

The low points were gas @ $4.39/gallon and cigs @ $9.99/pack!

Everything else was a high point!

Will get some pics up in a bit, playing catch up on life at the moment.

How ironic. Most of the population of HAWAII yearns to go to Las Vegas! LOL!

ATAK, Inc.
07-05-2011, 01:47 PM
How ironic. Most of the population of HAWAII yearns to go to Las Vegas! LOL!

I can't even remember how many times, when asked where we were from, getting the answer that, "Las Vegas is called the 8th island by Hawaiians"! I know there are lots of Hawaiian licensed cars here!

Also, thank god for dark sunglasses!!!:lool:

sniper_n_training
07-05-2011, 02:09 PM
$10 a pack? Was that just for Pall Malls? haha

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 02:22 PM
I can't even remember how many times, when asked where we were from, getting the answer that, "Las Vegas is called the 8th island by Hawaiians"! I know there are lots of Hawaiian licensed cars here!

Uh, Hawaii ALREADY HAS (8) eight islands WTF?

1) Hawaii
2) Oahu
3) Maui
4) Kauai
5) Molokai
6) Niihau
7) Lanai
8) Kaho'olawe

Granted Kaho'olawe is not inhabited, but that's irrelevant. It is listed as the 8th island in the Hawaiian Archipelago! Who in the heck were you talking to? Hawaiian DEMOCRATS?!?!?! ;)

ATAK, Inc.
07-05-2011, 03:05 PM

1) Hawaii
2) Oahu
3) Maui
4) Kauai
5) Molokai
6) Niihau
7) Lanai
8) Kaho'olawe

Granted Kaho'olawe is not inhabited, but that's irrelevant. It is listed as the 8th island in the Hawaiian Archipelago! Who in the heck were you talking to? Hawaiian DEMOCRATS?!?!?! ;)

Seeing as ALL Hawaiians are dims, yes! Seems that the locals don't count the target range!

Forgot another low point, all of the obama crap for sale, from kids books to bobble heads! We were all quite disgusted!

Did get to snorkle 5 days, including going out to Molokini, and got to swim with quite a few sea turtles.

ATAK, Inc.
07-05-2011, 03:13 PM
$10 a pack? Was that just for Pall Malls? haha

They were only $9/pack!

imanaknut
07-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Hawaii is a beautiful place, regardless as to which island. Personally I have been looking at the Hilo area of The Big Island for a second home now that I am retired. The ultimate getaway from everything!!!!!

Glad you had a great time there, hard not to!

tank_monkey
07-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Seeing as ALL Hawaiians are dims, yes! Seems that the locals don't count the target range!
Well they DID vote in Lingle for Governor a few years back (She's a REPUBLICAN) :) Though I was HELLA disappointed that they replaced Djou (Congressional District 1) (REPUBLICAN) with a Democrat (Hanabusa) just recently. Bah!

Forgot another low point, all of the obama crap for sale, from kids books to bobble heads! We were all quite disgusted!
They're just excited because he's a local boy (Punahou School). That really is the only driving reason. Though all MY RELATIVES who live there are Republicans, the Democrats pretty much run everything. But they're saints compared to the Democrats in SAN FRANCISCO. Never seen such angry and vicious people in my life.
Hope you had an awesome time. I was there two weeks ago on business. (for about one week) but I stayed in downtown Honolulu all the time (sucked).

Did get to snorkle 5 days, including going out to Molokini, and got to swim with quite a few sea turtles.
PICTURES!!!!!!

Warthogg
07-05-2011, 06:04 PM
When I lived in Hawaii all I wanted to do was LEAVE. I did love the Banyan Courtyard at the Royal Hawaiian on Sunday Morning with a mainland newspaper.

Wart

kekaha
07-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Hey! not ALL of us are dims...

But maybe that's why i left :think:

Schuetzenman
07-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Congrats on the vacation. I always wanted to see the Islands in person. Maybe some day.

imanaknut
07-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Schuets, I have been there many times, and as stated intend to find a second residence in the rainforest area near Hilo and put up a sign stating "If you can read this, you are lucky, please turn and run!"

Beautiful islands that if you can, and should take at least two weeks to explore and enjoy paradise! Sometimes there comes a time where you have to say, damn the torpedoes full speed ahead and make that trip happen. (Don't make it happen like the person who made the statement about the torpedoes because his fleet didn't make it! :D)

JTHunter
07-05-2011, 10:43 PM

1) Hawaii
2) Oahu
3) Maui
4) Kauai
5) Molokai
6) Niihau
7) Lanai
8) Kaho'olawe

There are even more than that. The French Frigate Shoals, about 1500 miles to the northwest of the Big Island, is also part of Hawaiian Archipelago. There used to be an old naval weather station there but it is closed. Now it's a nesting area for seabirds (fairy terns?) that are ground nesters. They actually nest on the old metal steps of the weather station.