PDA

View Full Version : Markings on your receiver.

jojo
07-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I have a Bulgarian Krink that is on an ATF F1 for SBR. The markings are very faint and I need to have them redone. I want to move all of the info to the area just in front of the mag well opening.

I built it back in July 03 and am wanting to dismantle it and rebuild it now that I have the means and experience to do it more properly. It is built on an FEG receiver and all of the markings were originally done with either an electric stencil or laser engraved. Anyway they are very light and I want somebody to stamp or engrave it properly and make it look better. I would just be sending the bare receiver. Any ideas on who can or will do that.

Also cant the vendor just send it back directly to me since my identity is verified on the F1

Thanks

Palmetto.Vintovka
10-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi Jojo,
I'm new to the forum but not entirely new to the subject. I too have a Bulgarian AKS-74U (Krink) SBR. When I had it built, I had DCI send the NoDak Spud NDS-2SF receiver directly to Ted Marshall at Marshall Arms (http://marshall-arms.com/) and had the trunnion and receiver cover from the parts kit sent to Ted from the gunsmith who was doing the build. I believe he insisted that the parts be sent disassembled as opposed to sending the trunnion attached to the receiver and barrel. I had previously coordinated with Ted for him to put the selector markings and notches on the receiver and a bogus matching serial number on the trunnion and receiver complete with the Bulgarian double circle 10 proof markings on the trunnion. I don't remember how much it cost since it was about 3 years ago. Also, if you want to replace your metal skeleton side folding stock with a side folding polymer stock, K-Var is selling them for $105 (plus shipping) right now. I got mine in today and it installed quite easily, works great, and is sure to be less jaw jarring than the metal stock when being fired. Let me know if you want any photos and I'll take a few and post them.
http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16844&cat=283&page=3