PDA

View Full Version : Obama To Unveil Gun Control Reforms In Near Future

copterdoctor
07-07-2011, 07:34 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/07/obama-unveil-gun-control-reforms_n_892633.html

imanaknut
07-07-2011, 07:47 PM
If he were to do anything, he would have to do it by executive order as there is no way on God's Green Earth that anything he proposes would get through the House of Reps.

It would also guarantee another major defeat at the next election cycle. He knows better.

Funny that he uses the Giffords shooting as a jumping off point because she was a big firearms lover!

It is also written in the Huffington Post, a slightly more that very left news group.

O.S.O.K.
07-07-2011, 07:53 PM
I hope to God that he does. He's a tool.

gungorilla
07-07-2011, 07:54 PM
I bet these 'reforms' are going to go over like a lead balloon.

sevlex
07-07-2011, 07:58 PM
This will kill the dem party outside the marxist enclaves.

davepool
07-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Maybe he'll do something to stop the sale of assault weapons that are being walked across the border and providing the firepower for the mexican drug cartels.....

like maybe abolish the BATFE

Ruskiegunlover
07-07-2011, 08:13 PM
oh, he'll do something. Like ban the import of ak kits, or magazines over 10 rounds. Prices will jump. Might not touch domestic manufacture of high caps, but will ban imports......that much is do-able. Maybe ban import of assault rifles like the ak. Is there any way of overturning an executive order?

07-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Do not post your personal opinions when it threatens or suggest threatening a Government official.

Schuetzenman
07-07-2011, 08:24 PM

More like a turd in the Prom Punch Bowl.

Schuetzenman
07-07-2011, 08:26 PM
You know saying stupid shit like this will get the Secret Service knocking on your door. You can think what you want but you better be smart enough to not post it on the internet unless you want a nice anal probobing by an Alphabet Agency.

NAPOTS
07-07-2011, 08:49 PM
You know saying stupid shit like this will get the Secret Service knocking on your door. You can think what you want but you better be smart enough to not post it on the internet unless you want a nice anal probobing by an Alphabet Agency.

+1 Staying stupid shit like that also gets the rest of us more attention than we want..... guilt by association.

07-07-2011, 08:50 PM

Ok, I'll respect you because it's an administrator!
With respect to obama, fuck him! I didn't vote on that sick shit.

Helen Keller
07-07-2011, 08:54 PM
BUH BYE!

can't keep it civil, then go to Stormfront or something.

1 Patriot-of-many
07-08-2011, 02:57 AM
The reforms, which are being crafted by the Department of Justice,

Unbelievable...the same fuckers who broke the law 2000+ times recently going to tell us how and when we can practice the second amendment.

rahatlakhoom
07-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Same old fire drill.
What are they waiting for?
Do they have the balls for anarchy?
Walk your talk boys, or STFU.

Why don't they issue passes for those outraged by gun ownership.
to move to Illinois. Leave the rest of us alone.

Cypher
07-08-2011, 07:03 AM
Maybe he knows he is losing the next election so he is trying to ram it through. Even if he did can't it be repealed easily if is doesn't go through the house and senate?

If, God forbid, he gets elected the next election I can see all kinds of nasty bills being pushed near the end of the second and final term.

Warthogg
07-08-2011, 07:25 AM

Still, executive actions offer something that legislation doesn't: guaranteed result.

Wart

Warthogg
07-08-2011, 07:30 AM

Schuetzenman, can you please delete or cause to be deleted the .40 comment ?? Makes me a little uncomfortable.

Wart

Krupski
07-08-2011, 07:57 AM
inserted this to make comment VANISH

Not the smartest thing to say in public...

(edit): Thank you.

slamfire51
07-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Schuetzenman, can you please delete or cause to be deleted the .40 comment ?? Makes me a little uncomfortable.

Wart

Done.

07-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Ok, I'll respect you because it's an administrator!

Wrong, you should respect him because he is right. Your comment is akin to 'I didn't break the law because the cop was standing there'

But hey, if you want an SS sphincter check...good luck with that.

Cypher
07-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Done.

It's still in a quote from other posters.

Warthogg
07-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Done.

:you-rock::thanx:

Wart

Warthogg
07-08-2011, 08:55 AM

Most of us voted for that other sick piece of shit....john mccain.

Most of us have little to no respect for this president. However, few would want him to become Saint Barry as Kennedy became Saint Jack.

Wart

Ruskiegunlover
07-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Yeah, plus I WANT him to be the next carter.....I bet unemployment continues to climb, will be easily over 10 by the next election, and he leaves with a lower approval rating than nixon OR carter. I want him to see and experience these things. Or, if I had my druthers, I'd like to see him tied to the fast and furious scandel and impeached, to spend years in jail.

Warthogg
07-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Yeah, plus I WANT him to be the next carter.....I bet unemployment continues to climb, will be easily over 10 by the next election.......

Real unemployment rate is a minimum of 16% and probably about 19%.

Wart

Ruskiegunlover
07-08-2011, 09:29 AM
sure. But I want him to SEE his failure. Like carter, who is a miserable, jelous bastard who envies clinton like no ones business...

Helen Keller
07-08-2011, 01:03 PM
these clowns can't even balance a checkbook.

ANything is complete political suicide.

Any form of EO would create PROBLEMS real fast.

Ruskiegunlover
07-08-2011, 01:19 PM
what do you mean problems? As in, constitutional problems with the validity of the order? Or problems for US as gun owners?

(AK)1000shots
07-08-2011, 01:36 PM
If they push hard enough to abridge our 2nd Amendment rights, I wonder how far they're willing to go. It might come down to individuals exercising such rights in a confrontation.

Seems to me what is more likely is a lot of big talk, and nothing done. It's good to keep an eye out for changes in the situation.

When I think about attempts at taking away firearms that one legally comes into possession of, all I can think of are the words, "cold dead fingers."

Helen Keller
07-08-2011, 02:40 PM
what do you mean problems? As in, constitutional problems with the validity of the order? Or problems for US as gun owners?

"MOthafuckin Problems"

O.S.O.K.
07-08-2011, 02:47 PM
If they push hard enough to abridge our 2nd Amendment rights, I wonder how far they're willing to go. It might come down to individuals exercising such rights in a confrontation.

Seems to me what is more likely is a lot of big talk, and nothing done. It's good to keep an eye out for changes in the situation.

When I think about attempts at taking away firearms that one legally comes into possession of, all I can think of are the words, "cold dead fingers."

Don't be so sure.

Look at what's going on with the mob theft and flash mob formations, etc. If that keeps up and increases and at the same time bam bam makes some stupid move to reverse the current trend towards less gun control then people may act sooner than you would believe.

Especially if we are faced with the "economic meltdown" that is expected at the same time.

Fear.

People will be very afraid and this will up the ante.

stinker
07-08-2011, 10:11 PM
If you think about it him running on new gun control is a blessing from heaven to us for his reelection chances. It's a MAJOR wedge that'll stir up a very pissed off hornets nest. Especially with the coverage gunrunner is starting to get now.

Then add in the impending push for nationalized gay marriage by the libtards because of new york and you have aneven bigger wedge issue with a history of REALLY pissing off the natives that he can't run away from..That one is going to be an even bigger nastier more pissed off hornets nest.

2012 is looking good to get rid of him unless he's got an election suspension cheat card hidden up his sleeve(tinfoil hat time) :tinfoil:

Krupski
07-08-2011, 10:46 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/07/obama-unveil-gun-control-reforms_n_892633.html

From the article:
WASHINGTON -- Half a year after the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), the Obama administration is set to release a series of reforms to the current gun law, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said on Thursday.I had assumed that attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, etc... were already illegal? What is a "gun law reform" supposed to do?

I have one thing to say to Obama and Holder and all the other clowns involved with this::flip-bird:

Go after CRIMINALS, not law abiding gun owners.

Krupski
07-08-2011, 10:54 PM
oh, he'll do something. Like ban the import of ak kits, or magazines over 10 rounds. Prices will jump. Might not touch domestic manufacture of high caps, but will ban imports......that much is do-able. Maybe ban import of assault rifles like the ak. Is there any way of overturning an executive order?

What is an "assault rifle"?

I wish us gun owners would stop using that term. There is no such thing as an "assault rifle". Assault is a verb, not an adjective.

It's bad enough that politicians and scared soccer moms use that phrase to frighten people.... WE don't need to use it.

I fail to see why a .30 caliber rifle that looks like a "hunting rifle" is OK while a .30 caliber rifle that looks "evil" is called an "assault rifle"?

Scary catch-phrases are made up bullshit used by the antis to further their agenda. The LAST thing we need to do is HELP them by adopting their fictional phrases.

What's next? Are we going to call an AR-15 magazine an "assault clip"... with a straight face? And then DEFEND the stupidity by claiming Hitler invented the term?

Repeat this until it sinks in... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ASSAULT RIFLE.

And if you learn that, next try THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SNIPER RIFLE.

Krupski
07-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Most of us voted for that other sick piece of shit....john mccain.

Most of us have little to no respect for this president. However, few would want him to become Saint Barry as Kennedy became Saint Jack.

Wart

Usually, voting is choosing the lesser of two evils.

I didn't vote FOR McCain... I voted AGAINST Obama.

Partisan1983
07-09-2011, 01:48 AM
What is an "assault rifle"?

I wish us gun owners would stop using that term. There is no such thing as an "assault rifle". Assault is a verb, not an adjective.

It's bad enough that politicians and scared soccer moms use that phrase to frighten people.... WE don't need to use it.

I fail to see why a .30 caliber rifle that looks like a "hunting rifle" is OK while a .30 caliber rifle that looks "evil" is called an "assault rifle"?

Scary catch-phrases are made up bullshit used by the antis to further their agenda. The LAST thing we need to do is HELP them by adopting their fictional phrases.

What's next? Are we going to call an AR-15 magazine an "assault clip"... with a straight face? And then DEFEND the stupidity by claiming Hitler invented the term?

Repeat this until it sinks in... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ASSAULT RIFLE.

And if you learn that, next try THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SNIPER RIFLE.

Well Hitler coined the term....."storm rifle"...meant for his "storm troops".

I never use the Nazi phrase (that's exactly what it is), and I always correct those around me who do.....even at fun stores (which has always been interesting).

insider
07-09-2011, 04:16 AM
You can bet the anti's will try the high cap mag ban, then firearm owners ID cards, and other such common nonsense laws passed to bypass the 2nd Amendment. Don't forget closing the gun show loop hole too.:thumbsdown:
:asskisser:

Krupski
07-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Well Hitler coined the term....."storm rifle"...meant for his "storm troops".

I never use the Nazi phrase (that's exactly what it is), and I always correct those around me who do.....even at fun stores (which has always been interesting).

Well, I'm glad someone else sees it this way. A "storm rifle" (IMHO) means "rifle that produces a storm of bullets". The new American weapon that fires stacks of ammo electrically is called "MetalStorm"... again for it's ability to produce a lethal "storm" of projectiles.

A group of soldiers attacking a position could be said to be "storming" the position. In any usage, "storm" is a verb or sometimes a noun "like a heavy rain STORM"... it's never an adjective.

An adjective would be a word modifier... like a "large rifle" or a "heavy rifle"... "large" and "heavy" are adjectives which modify the noun "rifle". Trying to use "assault" as an adjective is confusing, pointless and grammatically incorrect.

It really pisses me off when GUN OWNERS use that phrase and even DEFEND it by claiming "Hitler invented it" or "It refers to full auto rifles". "Assault rifle" is a fictitious term used by the ENEMY. We should be the LAST ones to ever use it.

All of us know that the banana shaped thing which holds the ammunition is called a "magazine" and not a "clip", so it's easy to laugh at the Brady Bunch when they whine and cry "Ban assault clips". But what if they said "Ban assault magazines"? Would gun owners adopt that terminology also?

Krupski
07-09-2011, 03:21 PM
You can bet the anti's will try the high cap mag ban, then firearm owners ID cards, and other such common nonsense laws passed to bypass the 2nd Amendment. Don't forget closing the gun show loop hole too.:thumbsdown:
:asskisser:

Yeah... the "loopholes" are the lawmaker's fault. If they want to ban something, they write it like "Bushmaster AR-15" so Bushmaster simply changes the name and it's legal. And that's OUR fault?

As far as the so-called "gunshow loophole", part of the problem is numb-nut people who will sell a firearm FTF to someone they don't know. I would NEVER buy or sell a firearm FTF unless I KNEW the person well.