PDA

View Full Version : sha damn , gotta change my eatin' habits ....

printerman
07-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Had a stroke the other day , but luckily it was a TIA or mini-stroke ! I took two aspirins as soon as I knew what was happening . The Doctor said it was a great move ....

I was left with no ill effects or permanent disabilities , Thank God ....

So much for artery clogging bacon burgers or grilled cheese and ham subs ....

Schuetzenman
07-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Nah, I say eat what you want, enjoy yourself. Nobody lives forever. Just think the sooner you stroke out, the sooner you won't have to pay Federal Income tax. See, there's always a silver lining in any cloud.

alismith
07-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I had a near stroke about 4 years ago. I was eating in a fast food restaurant when I slowly lost vision in my left eye. I came home and checked out the symptoms on the Internet and all the symptoms pointed to a stroke coming on. I went to the emergency room and when I told them the symptoms, they took me right back and ran a bunch of tests. They found my left carotid artery was 96% closed. So, they scheduled an operation for the next day. I was in hospital for a week, then released. The doctor managed to clean it out completely. He told me if it hadn't been operated on, I would have had a major stroke that could have left me blind as well. So far, with the meds I'm taking, I've been able to keep everything cleaned out. I get checked out 3-4 times a year and everything is fine so far.

Don't mess around with any kind of stroke, or any of its symptoms. The results could be bad...very bad.

mriddick
07-07-2011, 09:48 PM
I've been changing my eating habits over the last 3-4 years. I've cut down on fried foods (all) and calories plus adding more exercise. In that time frame I've slowly got rid of 40lbs and have really improved my stamina. I really don't know how much it's helping (no medical conditions before hand) but my quality of life is much better. Now when I look at a kit of ink I think wow I use to carry that much fat around all day :) I'm 220 now and hope to get to 190 within another 2 years or so, it's a long process but overall I think doing slow and right is much better then the binge method.

stinker
07-07-2011, 09:55 PM
May the tofu be with you my not so young padawah.

That being said, don't screw around with it unless you want to risk being partially paralyzed. That was gods warning shot across the bow of your life(ironically, i say this as i stuff my face with a triple cheese burger from wendys,lol)

5.56NATO
07-08-2011, 07:33 AM
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/cayenne-pepper-pills.html

Warthogg
07-08-2011, 07:36 AM
I've been changing my eating habits over the last 3-4 years. I've cut down on fried foods (all) and calories plus adding more exercise. In that time frame I've slowly got rid of 40lbs and have really improved my stamina. I really don't know how much it's helping (no medical conditions before hand) but my quality of life is much better. Now when I look at a kit of ink I think wow I use to carry that much fat around all day :) I'm 220 now and hope to get to 190 within another 2 years or so, it's a long process but overall I think doing slow and right is much better then the binge method.

The correct way........sadly....sighhhhhhh

Wart

Krupski
07-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Had a stroke the other day , but luckily it was a TIA or mini-stroke ! I took two aspirins as soon as I knew what was happening . The Doctor said it was a great move ....

Damn! I'm glad you're OK. Good move on taking the aspirin right away. Everyone should know that.... if you feel dizzy, or feel a tingle or numbness anywhere on your body or weakness in any arm or leg, or if your face slumps on one side or you have trouble speaking, TAKE AN ASPIRIN INSTANTLY! Chew it up, swallow it... get it in as FAST as possible.

Oh and P-Man... check with your doctor first, if he says it's OK you should probably take one aspirin a day to prevent this from happening again.

binky59
07-08-2011, 04:09 PM

Yep, I was having TIA's for a few months, vision would go black in my right eye, this happened about ten times. I happened to go to have my eyes checked and mentioned it to the opthomologist, who sent me to the cardiologist, who sent me to the surgeon and had my right carotid opened back up 8 months later and I am still numb from under my chin to my right ear (nicked a nerve) but I'm alive. Who would have known, I should have because in 2006 I thought that I had a bad case of the flu, turned out to be leukemia. But hey, I can't complain, at least I have my health.......

printerman
07-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Damn! I'm glad you're OK. Good move on taking the aspirin right away. Everyone should know that.... if you feel dizzy, or feel a tingle or numbness anywhere on your body or weakness in any arm or leg, or if your face slumps on one side or you have trouble speaking, TAKE AN ASPIRIN INSTANTLY! Chew it up, swallow it... get it in as FAST as possible.

Oh and P-Man... check with your doctor first, if he says it's OK you should probably take one aspirin a day to prevent this from happening again.

Yes I'm on an Aspirin a day 81mg and Zocor at night (actually Simvastatin , Zocor generic) and Zestril and Norvasc in the morning .....
They ran multiple major tests during my three days there and found out I'm actually pretty well off . My TIA was mostly due to high blood pressure 206 over 119 !!!
The doc said she was amazed that I did the aspirin thang , seems many people don't remember or know about it (saved my arse)

stinker
07-08-2011, 09:53 PM
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/cayenne-pepper-pills.html

Chew it up, swallow it... get it in as FAST as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW1bzzYq6A0

:wow:
Not all advice is good when taken all at the same time :lool: