PDA

View Full Version : Got us a dog.

vit
07-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Well, I'm a dog owner again. Been about 20 years.
Kids are old enough to interact well with a puppy, figured it was time.
Her name is Mia, she's a 2 month old Australian Cattle Dog mix. We adopted her from the Humane Society. Originally she and her litter mates are from HS of Sullivan County, Indiana.
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/uzvslbu/010.jpg

Warthogg
07-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Good for you vit. That's a mighty fine animal you have there !!

My three are all rescue pups.

Wart

jojo
07-09-2011, 10:52 PM
One of the smartest dogs that I ever had came from the dog pound. Slated to be put to sleep, took it home and never regretted it. Hated it when he got so old that he had to be put down.

davepool
07-10-2011, 12:54 AM
the best dogs i've had were pound hounds. That last one i got is sitting at my feet right now, she's 13 and i don't think she'll make another year, gonna be a sad day,this one has been real close to my wife since she had her brain surgery, somehow she could sense when she was about to have a seizure.

That is a cute pup you got there vit, hope it gives you all much joy.

ltorlo64
07-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Well, I'm a dog owner again. Been about 20 years.
Kids are old enough to interact well with a puppy, figured it was time.
Her name is Mia, she's a 2 month old Australian Cattle Dog mix. We adopted her from the Humane Society. Originally she and her litter mates are from HS of Sullivan County, Indiana.
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/uzvslbu/010.jpg

That puppy is too cute! No wonder you got her. She would melt anyones heart.

vit
07-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks guys. So far, so good - only a couple of accidents in the house. She sleeps most of the time - short outbursts of energy followed by long naps ;)
And don't get me wrong, but this whole "adoption" is not cheap - yet very cool.
The family is enjoying the new addition.

Izzy
07-10-2011, 06:51 PM
That is one CUTE dog, i hope she grows up to be good to your family , McNasty to others.:bigsmilebounce:

As for mutts being smart, yes we "adopted" a mut who would open our front gate with his paws! Beat a boxer named "samson" in a fight, and was the dominat dog of the area, but boy was he nice to his meal ticket... clever boy...

TEN-32
07-10-2011, 08:15 PM
:thumbup:
Good deeds!