PDA

View Full Version : New Here with Some Yugo Receiver Questions

dc dalton
07-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Hey all!

Been busting my butt this weekend trying to find some answers to my Yugo receiver questions and none of my regular haunts seem to have members that have a clue so I figured I'd see if anyone over here knows.

What I am trying to find out is if a Yugo M70 receiver is the same as a Yugo M72 (RPK) receiver. Reason I ask is I have a couple of M70 milled receivers coming in (was going to use them on a couple of virgin Yugo kits I have) but then I grabbed a virgin RPK kit the other day. If they are the same I will only do one of the M70's with a milled receiver and then do the RPK with the other one.

I have heard people say over the years refer to Yugo receivers as RPK receivers since they are the 1.5 mm ... I'd just like to clear it up once and for all.

Any and all help would be appreciated!

my-rifle
08-08-2011, 08:51 PM
The people you've heard over the years are talking about stamped receivers not milled ones. The Yugoslavians used a 1.5mm thick receiver to withstand the stresses of launching grenades, and RPKs have always had these as well. Milled receivers are a different ball o wax. I frankly doubt there's a difference between the Yugo AK receiver and the Yugo RPK receiver, since the stamped ones all have interchangeable parts, but I am not an expert in milled AKs and RPKs.

abpt1
08-08-2011, 09:18 PM
The people you've heard over the years are talking about stamped receivers not milled ones. The Yugoslavians used a 1.5mm thick receiver to withstand the stresses of launching grenades, and RPKs have always had these as well. Milled receivers are a different ball o wax. I frankly doubt there's a difference between the Yugo AK receiver and the Yugo RPK receiver, since the stamped ones all have interchangeable parts, but I am not an expert in milled AKs and RPKs.

The RPK has spot welds to the front and rear trunnion