PDA

View Full Version : Inbound! Arizona Gun Framing!

Sergi762
07-12-2011, 01:36 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/arizona-politician-defensive-reporter-says-she-aimed-loaded-152935796.html

be on the watch for this to make our days rougher..I knew they would pull a nasty trick like this..this is fabricated if anything..

Focused Gunfire
07-12-2011, 02:21 PM
I hate how they get all prissy about it having no safety. The gun will not go off if the trigger is not pulled. That is as “safe” as it needs to be. Modern polymer pistols do not need external doodads; they just get in the way. If they tied that reporter up and had people point the thing at his chest for years, unless someone pulls that trigger, nothing is going to happen. Guns do not go off on there own. The fact that it has no external safety makes no difference at all, and is only used in the story as a talking point. One based on the ignorance of the reporter and those that are foolish enough to trust him.
:rant:
Now if what the reporter said is true, then yes she broke a taboo among us and gave the antis ammo. This sucks because 99% of us were responsible adults with our favorite habit, and now a bunch of know nothing bigots will try to demonize us. She made a protocol mistake, no one was hurt, get over it.

I however do not believe everything the MSM puts out, and no, not even Fox. They burned through any built up trust they had a long time ago. It is not crazy to think they would spin the facts, or out right lie to push an agenda. No clear video, no proof, and even then we still need the info behind it.

Krupski
07-12-2011, 02:22 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/arizona-politician-defensive-reporter-says-she-aimed-loaded-152935796.html

be on the watch for this to make our days rougher..I knew they would pull a nasty trick like this..this is fabricated if anything..

"I just didn't have my hand on the trigger," Klein told the reporter, by way of reassurance.

NRA gun safety rule #1: "ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction". Doesn't matter if it has a safety or not. Doesn't matter if it's loaded or not. Doesn't matter if the shooter's finger is off the trigger.

She pointed a firearm at someone and it wasn't for reasons of self defense. She should do prison time.

Krupski
07-12-2011, 02:26 PM
The fact that it has no external safety makes no difference at all....

NONE of the facts make any difference. She pointed a firearm at someone for no valid reason.

My younger son started shooting when he was 8... he's 15 now. He knows all the gun safety rules and he's fanatical about following them to the letter.

Even when he was 8, he knew you NEVER point a gun at anything you do not intend to destroy. Loaded or not, safety or not... makes NO DIFFERENCE.

There is NO excuse for what that dipshit senator did. She should be in jail.

davepool
07-12-2011, 02:30 PM
This "reporter" is well know around here for his extreme activism on issues,and not unfamiliar with exageration.

I think he's the one who labels anyone opposed to ILLEGAL immigration a racist in his columns

Oh, he's an affirmative action harvard educated tool also

mriddick
07-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Prison time for breaking an NRA safety rule? Wouldn't that be like sending you for prison for arson when you caught yourself on fire? I would say she needs some training, maybe even up to revoking her permit but prison for showing a reporter what he asked her about seems abit stiff.

davepool
07-12-2011, 02:31 PM
NONE of the facts make any difference. She pointed a firearm at someone for no valid reason.

My younger son started shooting when he was 8... he's 15 now. He knows all the gun safety rules and he's fanatical about following them to the letter.

Even when he was 8, he knew you NEVER point a gun at anything you do not intend to destroy. Loaded or not, safety or not... makes NO DIFFERENCE.

Gotta agree with that. If it's true, it was a foolish thing to do at best.

Sergi762
07-12-2011, 02:33 PM

her Gross stupidity aside this isn't going to help OUR side..we don't need a PR turd like this..

davepool
07-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Prison time for breaking an NRA safety rule? Wouldn't that be like sending you for prison for arson when you caught yourself on fire? I would say she needs some training, maybe even up to revoking her permit but prison for showing a reporter what he asked her about seems abit stiff.

We don't need permits for concealed carry in AZ,i can't believe she pulled something this stupid with richard ruelas, she should have known better.

Krupski
07-12-2011, 02:35 PM

Your ability to argue ANY point with me is absolutely incredible! :)

No, not jail for breaking an NRA rule... jail for reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon.

Dictionary.com says:

Main Entry: reckless endangerment
Function: noun
: the offense of recklessly engaging in conduct that creates a substantial risk of serious physical injury or death to another person
NOTE: Reckless endangerment is a misdemeanor but sometimes rises to a felony, as when a deadly weapon is involved.

Would YOU point any gun, loaded or not, at a person just for "fun"? Didn't think so.

mriddick
07-12-2011, 02:42 PM
I will say it was stupid and bad PR but what good would prison do for her education would not? I would say the reporter asked her about it and she showed him, that probably negates some of the criminal intent IMO.

Krupski
07-12-2011, 02:47 PM
I will say it was stupid and bad PR but what good would prison do for her education would not? I would say the reporter asked her about it and she showed him, that probably negates some of the criminal intent IMO.

Well, I'll agree with you that she probably didn't have criminal intent... (unless utter stupidity is a crime)...

When someone asks to see one of my firerarms, I remove the mag, check the chamber or eject the chambered round then check it again, lock the action open and hand it back-end first to the other person.

Any person who doesn't even know THAT drill shouldn't be carrying.

Focused Gunfire
07-12-2011, 03:07 PM
About jail time, how about no. She didn’t just pull out her gun and say pew pew while pointing it at the guy. The whole thing about the safety is to scare the ignorant, that was my point. We as firearms owner can see the problem, if true, was the accidental lazing. A good news source would have gotten the facts straight, and not try and scare people who don’t know.

Now like I said, if what the reporter said is true, then she broke an important safety rule and should be reminded of it. However, we would be best to not eat our own. Maybe we can turn this into a learning moment for the general public and say that guns/owners are safe.

mriddick
07-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Your ability to argue ANY point with me is absolutely incredible! :)

I wouldn't take it personally, IMO I'm a middle of the road common sense type of guy, I think you're sort of a reactionary and we often just find ourselves in a conflict of opinions based simply on that philosophical difference.

mriddick
07-12-2011, 03:16 PM
About jail time, how about no. She didn’t just pull out her gun and say pew pew while pointing it at the guy. The whole thing about the safety is to scare the ignorant, that was my point. We as firearms owner can see the problem, if true, was the accidental lazing. A good news source would have gotten the facts straight, and not try and scare people who don’t know.

Now like I said, if what the reporter said is true, then she broke an important safety rule and should be reminded of it. However, we would be best to not eat our own. Maybe we can turn this into a learning moment for the general public and say that guns/owners are safe.

I would think she hurt more then helped with the bad PR, hopefully she seeks some further gun safety education. She probably ought to do something publicly and do it soon in that regard. Hopefully she doesn't do a Weiner and deny what she did was wrong till it's too far along.