ContractorSix2Nine
07-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Ive been doing some drills with My Primary Bugout vehicle
Dismounting Firing from vehicle cover
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
The scenario was
Wrol type situation
Patrolling Property to find Looters.
Looters have already Hit my compound hard and beat to death 1 of our groups younger Patrolmen
and stolen 300 pounds of Grains from our food storage
I get a signal from the other side of the compound that somethings going down near the food storage area
I arrive on the scene to find Same 10 or so Looters Back again This time they have Molotov cocktails and are actively trying to set fires and looting
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
I did several runs with this scenario and worked out many Kinks
The video linked in this post is a recording of 1 of the first few LIve Fire runs

Check the vid out below

http://youtu.be/MKUlcq2hJaY

Just a few Kinks I worked out while running this drill

1 Figured out that I was much faster dismounting if I didnt have my Ak in the front with me

2 staying low when arriving on scene was a must to acquire my weapon Make sure weapon is ready also to check out enemies Capability .

3 Remove Stock from and use just pistol gripped AK if your the driver and want your weapon up front

These are just to name a Few lol

http://youtu.be/MKUlcq2hJaY

arcangel
07-20-2011, 03:45 PM
I've tried exercises like that but pistol only at my Grandma's property, but I stayed in the vehicle to simulate a traffic light/stop sign mugging. Its good to get the mind set and train for situations like that. Youtube has a bunch of informative video's on vehicle fighting.

deth502
07-21-2011, 03:51 PM
it didnt look too much faster going in to the back seat to retrieve the rifle, i think you need to review the method you use of keeping it in front with you and how you exit.

oh, and :welcome: to gunsnet

stubbicatt
11-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Can't see the video. It's "private."

FunkyPertwee
11-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Can't see the video. It's "private."

+1.

SGL21
01-14-2013, 10:26 PM
+1.

+ 2