PDA

View Full Version : 'Emergency' declared in AZ town over allegations

5.56NATO
07-13-2011, 05:52 AM
Sorry of posted previously.

"PHOENIX (AP) — The far western Arizona town of Quartzsite was in a state of upheaval Monday after the town council ousted the mayor from power and declared a state of emergency, all over an online video that shows a woman being arrested.

Mayor Ed Foster told The Associated Press on Monday that the town council held a last-minute meeting that was closed to the public Sunday night, declaring a state of emergency in the 3,600-person town just east of the California city of Blythe.

The council's declaration put police Chief Jeff Gilbert in charge, making Foster the "deputy chief executive of nothing right now," he said. It also allows the five-member council to meet without public notice and suspend all public comment at the meetings until they declare the state of emergency over.

"I'm going to tell you frankly, this council is out of control," Foster said. "The chief has been out of control for some time and I've asked the state government to help a number of times," to no avail.

Foster described the government and Gilbert as corrupt and abusive of their power, and said all their recent actions are frantic efforts to cover up millions of dollars of money from lining some of their pockets.

Both Gilbert's and the town hall's phone numbers rang busy most of the day Monday, and all five council members and the town manager did not immediately return email requests for comment."

http://news.yahoo.com/emergency-declared-az-town-over-allegations-211928629.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JdNVhXKc-I

5.56NATO
07-13-2011, 06:00 AM
Just like they said in Nuremberg, "I was just following orders...."

stinker
07-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Pity....that's allways been one of my favorite little desert crapholes.

davepool
07-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Pity....that's allways been one of my favorite little desert crapholes.

Craphole is right, great place to buy pretty rocks or find a good deal on an RV

LAGC
07-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Some of the folks who manage to get in on these city council seats really let the power go to their heads. I was shocked several years ago when I attended a Boise City Council meeting and they opened the meeting with a public prayer -- a sectarian prayer at that! -- a direct violation of separation of church and state. These mother-fuckers think that if they make a big spectacle out of publicly praying to God, that it somehow makes their opinions "holier-than-thou" and they can just do whatever the fuck they want.

Thank the Goddess that there are frequent elections for those city council seats, so that voters have ample opportunity to kick the more authoritarian types to the curb every so often. Of course, like many politicians, they'll say one thing to get elected, and then turn around and do completely the opposite once they are firmly in their little position of power, lording over the rest of us...

Schuetzenman
07-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Shut up you heathen Convict!

LAGC
07-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Shut up you heathen Convict!

YES, SIR! Anything you say, SIR!

5.56NATO
07-14-2011, 01:42 PM
There is no separation of church and state, there is, however, no official state religion. In England, the state church is the Church of England. The founders did not want to force citizens to believe what they did not and participate in said faith or be persecuted as they were in England, but they did consider that most all rational men admit to a deity, even Jefferson held a faith in a deity. So you can argue atheism and/or agnosticism of the founders all you want, the facts are to the opposite.

El Laton Caliente
07-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Some of the folks who manage to get in on these city council seats really let the power go to their heads. I was shocked several years ago when I attended a Boise City Council meeting and they opened the meeting with a public prayer -- a sectarian prayer at that! -- a direct violation of separation of church and state. These mother-fuckers think that if they make a big spectacle out of publicly praying to God, that it somehow makes their opinions "holier-than-thou" and they can just do whatever the fuck they want.

Thank the Goddess that there are frequent elections for those city council seats, so that voters have ample opportunity to kick the more authoritarian types to the curb every so often. Of course, like many politicians, they'll say one thing to get elected, and then turn around and do completely the opposite once they are firmly in their little position of power, lording over the rest of us...

Please show me one place in the Consitution, Bill of Rights, Any further ammedment that states "separation of church and state" is part of the law of this country.

my-rifle
07-14-2011, 02:31 PM
I believe we were discussing the city council of bum-fuck Arizona who are going to be in deep doo-doo when this sorts itself out.

Gunreference1
08-01-2011, 12:41 PM
And now their firearms are being taken away.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=326601

Steve

Thylacine
08-01-2011, 12:53 PM
This should be headline news!

Eric
08-01-2011, 03:59 PM
More people need balls like that woman has.

stinker
08-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Winslow told Slaughter what he wanted was that Roth and others with similar views "not be allowed to walk around armed. To me, I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but I have been diagnosed with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) ... that's what I'm concerned with, that he's gonna get so far into my personal space that I'm gonna react without thinking. I'm not making threats or anything like that. I'm not proud of that, but it's the way I am."
So the councilman had the guys firearms confiscated just in case he decides to attack the guy.....
Well aint that just :censored: ducky.....