PDA

View Full Version : President Obama listened to us and not the NRA !!

Warthogg
07-13-2011, 06:36 PM
From the Brady bunch. Now the move is to get high cap 'clips' and SEMI-automatic assault weapons.

Wartus

President Obama listened to us and not the NRA!

Dear Wartus-hoggus,

Late Monday evening, the Obama Administration announced that it would require gun dealers in states bordering Mexico to report to law enforcement multiple sales of certain semi-automatic rifles. We applaud this move by the President which gives federal law enforcement an important new tool to fight gun trafficking into Mexico.

Thank you to everyone who helped the Brady Campaign push this issue with the Obama Administration.

We have asked you to sign petitions, support us financially and, most recently, to send in supportive comments on this issue to the Administration. The good news is as of the latest published numbers, there were more comments supporting the rule than opposing it.

But the NRA has already pledged to file a lawsuit against the new rule and its lobbyists are pressuring Congress to repeal it.

We will work with the Administration to do everything we can to protect this important ruling from NRA attacks.

With your help, we have had an important victory with this new initiative but more needs to be done. We must continue our fight for:

a strong and effective ban on the sale of semi-automatic assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips;

extending Brady background checks to all gun sales, including all sales at gun shows;

greater legal authority for federal law enforcement to crack down on corrupt dealers.

Thank you for being our partners in this lifesaving work.

old Grump
07-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Is this the same Brady Bunch who went bankrupt and whose leaders are bailing out because they couldn't accomplish anything but be laughed at for their lies they got caught in and for their ineptitude? I am of course referencing their bad habit of cooking up numbers and referring to semi-automatic rifles as Assault guns and magazines as clips. You mean that Brady Bunch?

jojo
07-13-2011, 07:18 PM
"We applaud this move by the President which gives federal law enforcement an important new tool to fight gun trafficking into Mexico."

Maybe they should just put a leash on the federal law enforcement officials since they are the source of the illegal weapons going into Mexico

Warthogg
07-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Is this the same Brady Bunch who went bankrupt and whose leaders are bailing out because they couldn't accomplish anything but be laughed at for their lies they got caught in and for their ineptitude? I am of course referencing their bad habit of cooking up numbers and referring to semi-automatic rifles as Assault guns and magazines as clips. You mean that Brady Bunch?

Yup

Wart

Sergi762
07-13-2011, 08:16 PM
I dunno if this is very sickening propaganda or downright abominable news..either way I am NOT a fan of the SHady bunch and I am not looking forward to this election year...

O.S.O.K.
07-13-2011, 08:41 PM
This is going to be the worst election yet for fraud.

I would caution the various commie itterances of acorn that if they do what they're planning to, they may just bite off more than they can chew.

Americans are pissed and watching and sharpening the edge of the sword of liberty.

Kadmos
07-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Sooooo....because the government fucked up and basically sent guns to criminals in Mexico the president "steps up to the plate" and uses this as an excuse to change the law and essentially register guns across the southern border states?

Isn't that just wonderful :soapbox:

Ronwicp
07-14-2011, 12:27 AM
Sooooo....because the government fucked up and basically sent guns to criminals in Mexico the president "steps up to the plate" and uses this as an excuse to change the law and essentially register guns across the southern border states?

I believe that was the plan the whole time. Its just they got caught doing it while in the process of blaming gun owners. Dont you remember all the news stories about how most of the guns in Mexico came from the US via gun shows and straw purchases?

Oswald Bastable
07-14-2011, 12:45 AM

It's even more insidious than that. The government arranged to sell thousands of weapons to Mehico drug lords, essentially strong arming gun stores in those states into making those sales to known straw purchasers, ostensibly to track them, but really to attempt to make the connection that legal US arms were flowing into Mehico for the purposes of coming gun control in the US. Now that the jig is up, those same stores will be forced into special regulations to prevent those same arms being sold to known (or unknown) straw purchasers, all with the intent to keep US guns from flowing into Mehico drug lord's hands.

Only the brain dead could come up with such an answer to being caught in outright illegal activities. But then, I've yet to meet a liberal with more than two active brain cells to rub together.