PDA

View Full Version : Wikileak question

skipme56
08-07-2010, 04:50 PM
After looking at the wikileak forum and at the reports from our men and women in the field, I see a whole lot of IED and suicide bomber reports that kill their own women and children by the hundreds. The afghans have said that their fight will come to America in the near future and if it does how do we the citizens of the U.S.A defend our loved ones and ourselves?
These leaks as they call them have just shown me how hard it would be to fight a threat that you cannot see.
In more than report a person rides up on a group of people on a motorcycle and detonates a charge big enough to 100 people or so, mostly civilians so what now do you shoot everybody on a bike? Or a truck parks close to the entrance doors of Wal-Mart and the driver just sits there until a large group of people are at the check outs and the truck goes boom, do I shoot everybody in a truck?
All I can say is after looking at these files I have more respect for our men and women in uniform that are on the front line fighting and just trying to make it through everyday without getting hurt.

mriddick
08-07-2010, 05:02 PM
The terrorist there get quite abit of help from their fellow afghans, something I don't think would work in the quite the same way here. We'd probably get alot more family, friends and neighbors turning in bombers VS setting back and letting them do their dirty work.

As for our men and women in service they do have it tough and they do deserve our respect.