PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Authorities Really Dropped the Ball on Loughner

LAGC
07-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Listen to this shit just released from his college records:

(CNN) -- Some police reports and e-mails -- among the thousands of pages of documents released this week by the Arizona community college where Jared Loughner was enrolled -- show the alleged Tucson shooter repeatedly accusing his college of "scamming" him and claiming his freedom of speech was being stolen.
On June 1, 2010, Loughner disrupted a math class "when he made reference to a problem that the instructor was trying to explain and argued with the instructor on the number used," according to police report dated June 3, 2010.
The officers told the administrator they believed Loughner had "a mental health concern," according to the incident report.

On September 29, campus police investigated a "suspicious video" posted about a week before on YouTube, titled "Pima Community College School-Genocide/Scam-Free Education-Broken United States Constitution," in which the narrator said things such as "We are examining the torture of students," and "This is my genocide school," and complained that he was "going to be homeless because of this school."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/14/arizona.loughner.documents/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

This kid was CRYING for help, and everyone involved did absolutely nothing. They all just passed the buck. Untreated schizophrenia is no joke, someone should have taken all his warning signs seriously and checked that mother fucker in to a shrink to see what the fuck was going on inside that "beautiful" mind.

There was way more than enough symptoms/evidence to check that mother fucker into a psych ward. How could everyone be so blind?

Richard Simmons
07-14-2011, 08:53 AM
I agree that all the warning signs were present though IMO the onus, first and foremost is on the parents. What did they do for their child?

ltorlo64
07-14-2011, 08:53 AM
My wife did some work in the mental health field. She is a book keeper and her job was to dole out SS and Welfare checks to mentally disturbed persons in a controlled manner so they wouldn't spend it all on drugs the first day of the month. She told me that it was amazingly difficult anymore to put someone into a psyc ward if they had not injured others. Even if they threatened, unless it could be proven that they might really take action there was not alot that could be done because fear of violating their civil rights.

Ronwicp
07-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Cant just go around locking folks up because you think they are nuts. Cause being crazy aint against the law.

LAGC
07-14-2011, 09:01 AM
My wife did some work in the mental health field. She is a book keeper and her job was to dole out SS and Welfare checks to mentally disturbed persons in a controlled manner so they wouldn't spend it all on drugs the first day of the month. She told me that it was amazingly difficult anymore to put someone into a psyc ward if they had not injured others. Even if they threatened, unless it could be proven that they might really take action there was not alot that could be done because fear of violating their civil rights.

This is probably one area where I disagree with the ACLU on. When someone so clearly and persuasively demonstrates obvious mental illness to MULTIPLE authorities, they should be able to detain and deliver said patient to a mental hospital for at least an evaluation.

I mean, I can kind of see the ACLU's point-of-view: after all, such power of involuntarily committing people could be abused, kind of like how Stalin sent many of his political enemies to insane asylums for simply disagreeing with him. But there has to be a reasonable compromise here.

This shit is just ridiculous.

mriddick
07-14-2011, 04:47 PM
It's a failure of parenting in the first degree.

Warthogg
07-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Listen to this shit just released from his college records:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/14/arizona.loughner.documents/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

This kid was CRYING for help, and everyone involved did absolutely nothing. They all just passed the buck. Untreated schizophrenia is no joke, someone should have taken all his warning signs seriously and checked that mother fucker in to a shrink to see what the fuck was going on inside that "beautiful" mind.

There was way more than enough symptoms/evidence to check that mother fucker into a psych ward. How could everyone be so blind?

I doubt anyone could have legally done anything at that time. (Pre shooting.) If he was an adult that would also include the parents.

Wart

Warthogg
07-14-2011, 05:39 PM
It's a failure of parenting in the first degree.

If so then likely the parents of the parents. Jared's parents seem to be nut jobs themselves. More likely is mental illness in father, mother and son.

Wart

mriddick
07-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Actually just about anyone can commit a person, family can just do much easier then anyone else. People do it all the time to their elders.

ltorlo64
07-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Actually just about anyone can commit a person, family can just do much easier then anyone else. People do it all the time to their elders.

I am not sure that putting an old person in an assisted care facility or a nursing home constitutes committing them to a mental institution. One is a realization that the person needs around the clock care but does not take away their freedoms, the other is a form of incarceration. At least it is in my mind.

mriddick
07-15-2011, 09:11 AM
I am not sure that putting an old person in an assisted care facility or a nursing home constitutes committing them to a mental institution. One is a realization that the person needs around the clock care but does not take away their freedoms, the other is a form of incarceration. At least it is in my mind.

Legally it works the same, I've been told my lawyer it's amazingly simple to commit just about anyone. Whether the institution can keep them might be an issue but if you are worried about your children living with you, you really do have more options then some are suggesting.