PDA

View Full Version : More union workers getting "loaded" at lunch.

Richard Simmons
07-14-2011, 09:07 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/14/chrysler-workers-in-michigan-reportedly-caught-smoking-drinking-during-lunch/

Really makes me want to run out and buy a Dodge. NOT!

coppertales
07-14-2011, 10:51 AM
There is nothing the company can do about it. Remember, the Guineas own Chrysler and they drink wine all day long..................chris3

Richard Simmons
07-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Don't we, the taxpayers own them now?

Warthogg
07-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Workers at a Chrysler plant in Michigan have reportedly been caught on video smoking and drinking during lunch breaks.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/14/chrysler-workers-in-michigan-reportedly-caught-smoking-drinking-during-lunch/#ixzz1S6S9sM9u

Is smoking now illegal during lunch breaks ?? Did I miss that memo ??

Wart

Richard Simmons
07-14-2011, 01:26 PM

Wart

They're smoking pot or are you being facetious?

stinker
07-14-2011, 02:47 PM
How is this shocking news? That's a traditional detroit passtime. I moved away(permanently) many many years ago but i grew up there and you see this all the time. There were allways some guys who come to work, clock in, go across the street to the bar and get hammered all day, come back at the end, clock out and go home. They would do that for years. Thank the U.A.W. for that one.

If i'm not mistaken they STILL have the lunchroom guys. Their only job is to hang out in the lunch room day after day after day just in case they might be needed for something. Another gift from the U.A.W.

Scott Garberding's indignation is laughable. He knows this is going on. Note that the guys are "indefinitely suspended without pay" while anyone that actually lives in the real world would've been uncerimoniously shitcanned on the spot. They'll take a couple days "off" and come back like nothing happened. They'll probably even get their backpay offered to them.

Warthogg
07-14-2011, 02:50 PM
They're smoking pot or are you being facetious?

Thanks. (Was not being flatious.):cigarsmoking:

Wart

Krupski
07-14-2011, 04:38 PM

Wart

Anti-smoking mania has completely taken over my employer (a state university). They have a no smoking policy ANYWHERE on campus. That even means a smoker can't smoke OUTSIDE. They can't smoke in their own CAR if it's on school property.

So, at my school yes smoking is illegal during lunch breaks (and any other time too).

I don't smoke, I hate smoke and cigarettes... but this crap has gone WAY too far. WTF? Can't smoke OUTSIDE???

Krupski
07-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Scott Garberding's indignation is laughable. He knows this is going on. Note that the guys are "indefinitely suspended without pay" while anyone that actually lives in the real world would've been uncerimoniously shitcanned on the spot. They'll take a couple days "off" and come back like nothing happened. They'll probably even get their backpay offered to them.

What will probably happen is this:

* Chrysler wants to fire them
* Union files a grievance on their behalf
* An arbitrator gives them a middle-ground decision (Chrysler wants termination, employee wants his job) so the result will be a $500 fine and back to work as usual. (IF his employment record prior is clean).

Richard Simmons
07-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Anti-smoking mania has completely taken over my employer (a state university). They have a no smoking policy ANYWHERE on campus. That even means a smoker can't smoke OUTSIDE. They can't smoke in their own CAR if it's on school property.

So, at my school yes smoking is illegal during lunch breaks (and any other time too).

I don't smoke, I hate smoke and cigarettes... but this crap has gone WAY too far. WTF? Can't smoke OUTSIDE???

You actually don't know they are smoking pot?

mriddick
07-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Where's all the socially liberal, legalizing drugs, libertarians, defending the right to smoke pot as a person might want to do? :)

Warthogg
07-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Where's all the socially liberal, legalizing drugs, libertarians, defending the right to smoke pot as a person might want to do? :)

Right here.

I know of few things more futile than the dumb-ass war on drugs.

Wart

Krupski
07-14-2011, 05:23 PM
You actually don't know they are smoking pot?

I was merely commenting on ridiculous smoking policies. I have no idea what any particular people smoke. As far as the auto workers being discussed here... it's probably a sure bet that they were smoking pot. Not that I care.

Krupski
07-14-2011, 05:25 PM

What's wrong with pot? It should be treated like alcohol... don't give it to minors... don't toke then drive and don't operate heavy machinery when high.

If someone wants to smoke a joint at home, kick back and relax, what's wrong with that?

It's necessary to separate what is LEGAL from what is MORAL.

A person who smokes pot may be doing something illegal, but it certainly is not immoral.

Ronwicp
07-14-2011, 05:33 PM

I say go for it.

Ronwicp
07-14-2011, 05:34 PM
And if you do it at work and your employer dont care, I guess thats cool too. Right up till you get hurt.

mriddick
07-14-2011, 05:38 PM
And if you do it at work and your employer dont care, I guess thats cool too. Right up till you get hurt.

And then it's a lifetime of SSI disability on the tax payers dime. Which BTW leaves even more time for smoking pot.

Warthogg
07-14-2011, 05:41 PM
What's wrong with pot? It should be treated like alcohol... don't give it to minors... don't toke then drive and don't operate heavy machinery when high.

If someone wants to smoke a joint at home, kick back and relax, what's wrong with that?

It's necessary to separate what is LEGAL from what is MORAL.

A person who smokes pot may be doing something illegal, but it certainly is not immoral.

We need to keep pot illegal so it's easier for 9 year old kids to buy.

Wart

Warthogg
07-14-2011, 05:42 PM
And then it's a lifetime of SSI disability on the tax payers dime. Which BTW leaves even more time for smoking pot.

Hatred for those retired and now hatred for the disabled.

Wart

(AK)1000shots
07-14-2011, 05:49 PM

Here too. As a libertarian, I find it offensive to have laws on the book meant to protect the individual from oneself. Liberty is about making decisions, and suffering the consequences of those decisions, should it come down to. America was not founded with the intent of becoming a nanny-state, where Big Government decides what is good for you, and therefore, dictates your lifestyle and choices.

I could care less what people do in the privacy of their own homes, so long as they are not violating the rights of any other individuals. The idea is that the only valid laws are those which protect the individual from other individuals, as in the case of driving under the influence. The government already attempts to legislate behavior through "sin" taxes and other means.

War on Drugs: Mexico 1, USA 0.

mriddick
07-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Hatred for those retired and now hatred for the disabled.

Wart

One more time ...Hatred for unfunded public retirement plans which I'm guessing you're on or want to be on? As for legalizing pot I think it's funny I've not really said anything negative yet you guys are sure jumping on it that way. Any issues I have with legalizing drugs revolves around how do we do that in today's society in such a way that it doesn't end up costing the tax payer more. Roncwip pointed out one problem with the movement and work. Oddly just today at work we had this same discussion today as my company put out a memo for our California employees that a medical MJ card does not stop the company from firing employees for testing positive for drugs.

In this case I'm sure the employees would test positive for drug use, at my company they would be fired even if smoking pot on their break or off time.

Zeller
07-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I would have expected a gun driven forum to reply harshly towards illegal drug use. I for one don't see much harm in the smoking of pot at all so it's nice to see some likewise minds in that regard. Although I can guarantee that the people in the Hyundai plants and toyota plants down south have the same story to tell.. Although some of which I bet get paid much less. (no relevance there though).
Moral of the story, don't get caught! Or for that matter record or document the events in any form!

mriddick
07-14-2011, 05:59 PM
BTW ;) My belief is it should be left to the states, I don't see a need or right for the fed to be involved to the degree they are.

Warthogg
07-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Hatred for unfunded public retirement plans which I'm guessing you're on or want to be on?

Nope. I just don't hate those people as you do. (I'm not much of a hater though I can loathe and detest with the best.)

Wart

mriddick
07-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Nope. I just don't hate those people as you do. (I'm not much of a hater though I can loathe and detest with the best.)

Wart

lol I said plan not people. Reading comprehension is a good skill to have if you are on a public forum.

Warthogg
07-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post

lol I said 'plainly'...people. Reading comprehension is a good skill to have if you are on a public forum.

OK...I'll work on it.

Wart

mriddick
07-14-2011, 07:38 PM
OK...I'll work on it.

Wart
I know you like to make up facts but please lets not start changing words to make up quotes as well.

Schuetzenman
07-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Chrysler employees drinking and smoking, yep saw the video this AM on Fox before I left for work. One guy looked like he had a crack pipe vs. a joint. Just another reason why not to buy one of their vehicles.

TEN-32
07-14-2011, 08:10 PM
This is just a few bad apples. On the whole, UAW workers are a dedicated and hard working group. :coffee:

mriddick
07-14-2011, 08:15 PM
This is just a few bad apples. On the whole, UAW workers are a dedicated and hard working group. :coffee:

Bless those boys at Ford making Crown Vics

Zeller
07-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Chrysler employees drinking and smoking, yep saw the video this AM on Fox before I left for work. One guy looked like he had a crack pipe vs. a joint. Just another reason why not to buy one of their vehicles.

Why not buy one? Nothing against you, of course but I try to understand everyones opinion. I may be biased. My pops retired in the skilled trades at the Chrysler plant in fenton Missouri.

TEN-32
07-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Bless those boys at Ford making Crown Vics

I know, right?