PDA

View Full Version : Oh HELL No!

LAGC
07-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Casey Anthony walks free after acquittal in daughter's death (http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/16/florida.casey.anthony/index.html?hpt=hp_t2)

(CNN) -- Casey Anthony walked free from a Florida jail early Sunday morning, three years and one day after she was first arrested for her role in the disappearance and, eventually, death of her 2-year-old daughter.
"She is only 25 years old. A decade from now, hopefully, she'll have some stability in her life and maybe a husband, and they can be somewhere in Montana and start over," he said.

Why is Montana always the presumed dumping grounds for infamous people who don't want their real identities to be revealed? Is it the rugged, lone, pro-individualist stereotype the state has? Or maybe it just has something to do with how Montanans tend to respect their neighbor's privacy?

I still plan on moving up there soon, but I just don't get why people always tie Montana with anonymity.

weevil
07-17-2011, 06:58 PM
It's huge, the 4th largest state in the Union, and sparsley populated about a million people ranking it 44th in population.

I would suspect that most people who live there or are attracted to such a place aren't exactly the most sociable and people loving folks in the country.

mriddick
07-17-2011, 07:00 PM
I didn't know "Montana is always the presumed dumping grounds for infamous people" what other infamous people are there?

sevlex
07-17-2011, 07:03 PM
I didn't know "Montana is always the presumed dumping grounds for infamous people" what other infamous people are there?
Ted Turner. :naughty:

LAGC
07-17-2011, 07:14 PM

INFAMOUS MONTANANS:
Henry Plummer (1832–1864) sheriff/outlaw (from Bannack)
W. A. Boyle (1904–1985) disgraced labor leader (from Butte)
Theodore "Ted" Kaczynski (born May 22, 1942 in Chicago, Illinois) domestic American terrorist known as the Unabomber (lived near Lincoln at the time of his capture.)
Russell Eugene Weston Jr. (born December 28, 1956) resided near Helena, Montana at the time of his involvement in the U.S. Capitol shooting incident of 1998 that killed two Capitol police officers
Kyle Aaron Huff (September 22, 1977–March 25, 2006) mass murderer (from Whitefish)

Several movies reference people going into hiding in Montana as well, though the only one that comes to mind immediately is the defected Russian commander in The Hunt for Red October.

raxar
07-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Don't think of it as child murder, think of it as late term abortion, because the two are different some how....

Charliebravo
07-17-2011, 07:29 PM
I still plan on moving up there soon, but I just don't get why people always tie Montana with anonymity.

I doubt that they like criminals any better in Montana than where you're currently living.

Ruskiegunlover
07-17-2011, 07:40 PM
well, aren't YOU a criminal too? YOU are going up there......whats wrong with another criminal going? State just not big enough for you two criminals together?

And yes, she did nothing different then quite a few women today. Her child was incapeable of DEFENDING itself, incapeable of surviving on its own, incapeable of providing for itself, not fully developed into a 'true' human life.......so why is HER 'abortion' any less legal then those practiced? She killed a lump of tissue, not a child lagc......

LAGC
07-17-2011, 07:45 PM
I prefer the term EX-con, guys.

And you know, I'm not going to second guess the jury in her case. They heard all the testimony and saw all the evidence, I didn't. So I'm not going to judge them.

I'm just more concerned with how the media has made a spectacle and pariah out of her, that now she has to go into hiding.

Even if she was really guilty, the system did its job. Even if it means a few guilty people go free, its better than innocent people being incorrectly put to death by the state.

I'm just puzzled why her lawyers think Montana is an appropriate refuge.

Charliebravo
07-17-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm just puzzled why her lawyers think Montana is an appropriate refuge.Maybe they knew that you were going to be there and thought that you two might hit it off......being big fans of infanticide and all.

mriddick
07-17-2011, 07:51 PM
It's the media's fault for the spot she's in? I'm pretty sure she had something to do with the notoriety she's receiving.

LAGC
07-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Maybe they knew that you were going to be there and thought that you two might hit it off......being big fans of infanticide and all.

I'll admit, Casey Anthony is kind of attractive on the outside. But I don't think I'd want her to have my kids.

LAGC
07-17-2011, 07:54 PM
It's the media's fault for the spot she's in? I'm pretty sure she had something to do with the notoriety she's receiving.

Well, would have the media had its spotlight on her if she wasn't a somewhat attractive WHITE woman? I mean, black kids in the inner-city go missing all the time. You don't see much media coverage of them though.

mriddick
07-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Well, would have the media had its spotlight on her if she wasn't a somewhat attractive WHITE woman? I mean, black kids in the inner-city go missing all the time. You don't see much media coverage of them though.

So you're not giving her any credit in all this? She's just a victim? LOL

LAGC
07-17-2011, 07:58 PM
So you're not giving her any credit in all this? She's just a victim? LOL

No, she's a real bitch even if she didn't kill her own kid, for lying about it and misleading everyone for so long.

But I just find it interesting which stories the MSM tends to home in on, while ignoring everything else that's going on in the world.