PDA

View Full Version : Sportsman's Guide and other surplus/ammo/camping sites.

Next
07-18-2011, 02:31 AM
Is it worth it to join their Buyer's Club?

I've got a good list of places like AIM and our sponsors here that are reputable.

Good/bad experiences with them?

I was looking at this http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/120-servings-entree-only.aspx?a=720746

yankeedog
07-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Sportsman's Guide is good if you find a bunch of stuff to buy all at once then you save some, but the mass mailing on the internet and home mail box is a little upsetting!

imanaknut
07-18-2011, 12:21 PM
I have had very good luck with Sportsman's Guide, and joining their club is a good deal if you buy a lot of stuff.

Although I have never formally joined, every year at a certain time I get a trial membership card which gives me the discounts club members get for a two week period. I usually make my list of wants in the month before, then when the card comes I take advantage of it. I have gotten some pretty good buys, and their normal discount coupon usually takes a good bite out of their shipping costs which are about what everyone else charges, so the added coupon is nice.

old Grump
07-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I keep running the numbers every time I make a buy and I always come out ahead not joining. It would be good if I made large orders and paid in installments on their 4 month 4 installments plan but if I can't afford it I don't buy it.

printerman
07-24-2011, 08:43 PM
If your new to them and you see lots of products that you will be buying , then by all means go for it . I've been very happy with them including shoes and clothing .....

mriddick
07-24-2011, 08:47 PM
They were some of the worse price gougers in the obamascare days, I've stopped buying from them after that.

btcave
07-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Joined twice, lost money in the long run due to not purchasing what I thought I would down the road.

Gunner1558
07-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Have joined their buyers club in the past when I was buying a big ticket item, or enough smaller ones to make it a saving thing to do.

Sportsmans have a few items that I'd like to have, but don't need at the moment.

The only thing that I have bought from them that I was not happy with, were surplus combat boots. They were supposed to be 'Nam style jungle boots, but they were cheap chinese rip offs. Otherwise I have been satisfied with their products.