PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with SWFA

Viking350
07-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Okay guys, this is a warning about dealing with SWFA. I ordered a scope and rings combo for my AR on 7/7. They shipped them and I received them on 7/12. They shipped 1" rings instead of the 30 mm as they were supposed to. I called them and told them about the problem. They said they would ship out the correct rings that day and I would get the tracking number in an email.

I never got the tracking number, so I called them back this morning. The guy said he had to do some research/talk to someone and would call me back. That was at 9 am. I hadn't heard back yet, so I called them back again. The story is the person that he had to talk to called in sick. They have to talk with this person because no one else can "authorize" anything and they will call me tomorrow. Obviously, they didn't ship the rings as promised. They may yet make this right, but as of now I have to grade them at D-.

cevulirn
07-18-2011, 02:23 PM
I haven't had any problems with SWFA, but I've only delt with them once or twice. Its how a company handles problems when they arrise that show's their real customer service though... Let us know how it all works out for you.

Viking350
07-18-2011, 02:31 PM
I haven't had any problems with SWFA, but I've only delt with them once or twice. Its how a company handles problems when they arrise that show's their real customer service though... Let us know how it all works out for you.

Exactly Cev. I know mistakes happen. Then make them right. They had my phone number and email address from the order. If there was a problem with shipping the correct rings, why didn't they contact me? As I see it now, that is strike two. Let's see if they strike out.

L1A1Rocker
07-18-2011, 06:09 PM
The story is the person that he had to talk to called in sick. They have to talk with this person because no one else can "authorize" anything and they will call me tomorrow.

Why tomarro? Obviously the person has a phone. When I was a bank manager and was out sick, I got calls for authorization. I really don't understand the problem. Also, you were bald faced lied to right off.

I also have had bad dealings with SWFA and will never do business with them again.

Viking350
07-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Latest update. I just got off the phone with the lady who was "out sick" yesterday. She says the correct scope mount will go out today. I asked why it hadn't gone out a week ago as promised. She couldn't answer. The order mysteriously went on permanent hold status. I'll let you know if they keep their word this time.

Viking350
07-19-2011, 05:57 PM
I just got the email notification from UPS, so it looks like they did ship the scope mount.

Schuetzenman
07-19-2011, 10:01 PM
I just got the email notification from UPS, so it looks like they did ship the scope mount.

Glad to hear it.

Viking350
07-22-2011, 01:49 PM
The new scope mount just arrived. It looks to be the right one. They did ok after the screw up. I would give them a C now.