PDA

View Full Version : You evver been angered?

charger0122
08-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Well i am!

Helen Keller
08-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Anger , misery . You'll suffer unto me..

charger0122
08-07-2010, 10:43 PM
That guy in your pic needs a steak!

old Grump
08-07-2010, 11:06 PM
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.

Buddha

L1A1Rocker
08-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Well i am!

What's up charger?

FunkyPertwee
08-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Anger , misery . You'll suffer unto me..

:ylsuper:

Batwing
08-08-2010, 12:04 AM
wow! another question like this,am I on Yahoo Answers or something?

Broondog
08-08-2010, 12:24 AM
anger only leads to the dark side.

revenge is much sweeter!

l921428x
08-08-2010, 01:13 AM
YES i have, only about 10 times a day or week. The gov. is a good place to start, then you have lazy people at work, then you have rude people, etc...........
What are you angry about?
Share, believe me it helps, it is called venting.
Broondog is right, this can only lead to the dark side. I know cause I saw it happen in several movies.

old Grump
08-08-2010, 01:43 AM
The wise who control their body, who control their tongue, who control their mind, are indeed well controlled.

Buddha

old Grump
08-08-2010, 01:47 AM
wow! another question like this,am I on Yahoo Answers or something?

"The intellect has little to do on the road to discovery. There comes a leap in consciousness, call it Intuition or what you will, the solution comes to you and you don't know how or why."

-Albert Einstein-

swampdragon
08-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Shut the hell up old Grump.

-swampdragon-

alismith
08-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Anger brings the mind into focus. Anger makes the mind as sharp as a razor. Anger gives one the courage to act. Anger clears the fog from the mind and sharpens the eyes so they see things for what they are. Anger, when controlled and focused, can move mountains.

Anger isn't always bad.

HDR
08-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Anger brings the mind into focus. Anger makes the mind as sharp as a razor. Anger gives one the courage to act. Anger clears the fog from the mind and sharpens the eyes so they see things for what they are. Anger, when controlled and focused, can move mountains.

Anger isn't always bad.

Same as so many things what matters is how one manages the anger.

I've got no problem with killin' people that need killin'.
Been there and done that already.
Sometimes they just have it comin'.
No doubt about it.

No doubt about you weren't angry either. Although I will admit being awaken by incoming can half piss a person off. lol

I borrowed this from another thread to illustrate that anger isn't a requirement. :D

Mark Ducati
08-08-2010, 11:46 AM
We need more info... to simply ask "Have you ever been angered?" is not enough....

More like: Have you ever been angered to the point of ______?

So what did you do about it?

crapshoot
08-08-2010, 12:14 PM
The wise who control their body, who control their tongue, who control their mind, are indeed well controlled.

Buddha

My anger keeps me warm in the winter.

old Grump
08-08-2010, 07:58 PM

-swampdragon-

The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood.

Buddha

old Grump
08-08-2010, 08:01 PM
My anger keeps me warm in the winter.
Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.

Buddha

old Grump
08-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Bet you guys would like to take that book off my shelf and burn it.:laughingtohard:

Batwing
08-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.

Buddha

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself.

Confucious

alismith
08-08-2010, 10:19 PM
If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself.

Confucious

If you are walking with two men and use them as your teacher, how do you know what is good and what is bad? What if you think the bad is good and the good is bad and imitate the bad and correct the good?

Confusionus:think:

Phil O'Mel
08-08-2010, 10:27 PM

-swampdragon-

:roflmao:

Batwing
08-08-2010, 10:34 PM
If you are walking with two men and use them as your teacher, how do you know what is good and what is bad? What if you think the bad is good and the good is bad and imitate the bad and correct the good?

Confusionus:think:

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

confucious

swampdragon
08-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Same as so many things what matters is how one manages the anger.

No doubt about you weren't angry either. Although I will admit being awaken by incoming can half piss a person off. lol

I borrowed this from another thread to illustrate that anger isn't a requirement. :D

Everybody's situation is different I suppose.
Anger didn't play a large roll.
Amazement, confusion, disbelief and sadness were more common place at the time.

AKTexas
08-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Angered all the time,but I'm in control of that anger.

swampdragon
08-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Bet you guys would like to take that book off my shelf and burn it.:laughingtohard:

Start posting Muslim stuff if ya wanna really piss people off.
Or toss in something about flying elephants....
Let's get this "anger" thing kick in to gear here!
:laughingtohard:

l921428x
08-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Not really, we are controlling our anger. We have decided to burn you and save the book for a more comfortable time.

old Grump
08-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Start posting Muslim stuff if ya wanna really piss people off.
Or toss in something about flying elephants....
Let's get this "anger" thing kick in to gear here!
:laughingtohard:
:think:

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi #5145, Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri, transmitted by Tirmidhi

...It is said that he (sallallahu aleihi wa sallam) mentioned anger, saying, "Some are swift to anger and swift to cool down, the one characteristic making up for the other; some are slow to anger and slow to cool down, the one characteristic making up for the other; but the best of you are those who are slow to anger and swift to cool down, and the worst of you are those who are swift to anger and slow to cool down." He continued, "Beware of anger, for it is a live coal on the heart of the descendant of Adam. Do you not notice the swelling of the veins of his neck and the redness of his eyes? So when anyone experiences anything of that nature he should lie down and cleave to the earth."

Is that better?

swampdragon
08-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Is that better?

That was pretty good actually.
I knew you had it in you to go international.
Some things do cross borders.

old Grump
08-09-2010, 12:58 AM
No book, my Quran material is limited so I had to internet it.

swampdragon
08-09-2010, 01:04 AM
No book, my Quran material is limited so I had to internet it.

The Quran is similar to the Bible in many respects.
It actually does have some good stuff in it.
It also has some not so good stuff in it.

Blacksmith
08-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Well i am!

Learn to control your emotions. or they will control you. :firedevil:

..Blacksmith..

HDR
08-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Everybody's situation is different I suppose.
Anger didn't play a large roll.
Amazement, confusion, disbelief and sadness were more common place at the time.

Everybody's situation is different and anger wasn't much of a factor. Being tired was the biggest emotion I remember.

cevulirn
08-10-2010, 10:31 AM

Nah, I'll just tell ya you look like Santa Claus! :D

renegadebuck
08-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Evidently the wind has stopped blowing angry thoughts through his head.

Blacksmith
08-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Evidently the wind has stopped blowing angry thoughts through his head.

(Thinks…could be entertaining to piss him off again.)
:biggrina:

old Grump
08-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Nah, I'll just tell ya you look like Santa Claus! :D
You know damn well I get that a lot, especially if I wear a red shirt in public. Besides these ignoramuses wouldn't know which book to take and that would be a hell of a fire if they took all of them. Then I would be way past angry. Don't be messing with my books. Come to think of it the book of quotations I was using is on my reference shelf over my computer screen and there are 6 more books of quotations on various subjects on the same shelf. Even if they just took those books it would be a nasty little fire. Then add the dictionaries, atlases and reference books we are talking call out the fire department time. Guess I'd better withdraw the book burning line before some sap takes me serious and gets himself shot.

RJ Shooter
08-10-2010, 04:50 PM
"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering..." - YODA :zzombie:

swampdragon
08-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Yo!
Duh.....