PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying AK parts kit

corgimanusa
07-22-2011, 11:33 AM
I have come by an AK parts kit which I believe to be a Romanian AKM. I need to identify it positively so I can buy a receiver. Any help on these identifying marks? It has a triangle with an arrow and "1965" along with what seems to be the s/n stamped on the left hand side behind the rear sight. I was told it took a stamped receiver. Any advice on receiver maker? price? etc?

O.S.O.K.
07-22-2011, 02:08 PM
:welcome: to the board!

That sounds like a Romanian for sure. 1965 - cool. I have a 68 and a 72.

A standard stamped receiver will do the trick.

Here's Nodak http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm

my-rifle
07-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Does it look like this?

http://www.my-rifle.com/pics/Parts/Romanian%201965%20kit%20RSB%20and%20trunnion.jpg

This is a photo of a 1965 Romanian AK trunnion.

scratchthejeepguy
07-26-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm still confused as to all the different variants of AK's. With you showing that pic of the front trunion, are you saying that most of the trunions are of different design? I know the Yugos are different with their bulges, but is there some site that shows all the visual differences between Romanians, Bulgarians, Hungarians, Chinese, etc.....

I guess I'm not talking just trunions, anything that identifies a different variant.

I'd love to be able to tell the difference at a glance.

6gunsal
07-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Does it have a standard buttstock (not an underfolder)?

if so, nodak spud nds-3, and don't look back.
http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm

6gunsal
07-26-2011, 12:19 PM
I think the pic is just showing the arsenal markings (arrow inside the triangle). I'm not sure if the different variants have different trunions, but I doubt you'd be able to tell at a glance (not counting yugos).

Most people look at other areas to identify an AK, such as the gas block, fsb, etc. I've spent enough time looking at picture threads that I can usually tell the more common variants apart, but I doubt I could recognize an Egyptian or polish or chinese AK without a little help.

I'm still confused as to all the different variants of AK's. With you showing that pic of the front trunion, are you saying that most of the trunions are of different design? I know the Yugos are different with their bulges, but is there some site that shows all the visual differences between Romanians, Bulgarians, Hungarians, Chinese, etc.....

I guess I'm not talking just trunions, anything that identifies a different variant.

I'd love to be able to tell the difference at a glance.

scratchthejeepguy
07-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Dang.... I was hoping for an easy solution to identifying them.

my-rifle
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
The Romanians have the arrow in the triangle - until they dropped the arrow.

The Bulgarians have a "10" stamped somewhere on their guns. I have seen it on the trunnions.

The Poles put a "11" somewhere like the Bulgarians did.

The Yugoslavians usually wrote "Zaztava Zubrujovca" or something like that, and their AKs had bulges in the trunnions.

The Egyptian AKs have Arabic writing on the trunnions.

There are lots of other nations' AKs that I have not seen, but these may help you.

El Laton Caliente
08-09-2011, 07:00 AM
Countrys

Russia
China
Poland
Bulgaria
Hungry
Romania
East Germany
Egypt
Finland
Israel
Albania
Pakistan
North Korea
Iran
Does the USA count yet? I still haven't seen a USA front trunion...

With all those involved it can run into variations...