PDA

View Full Version : New (To Me) Glenfield Model 60

ltorlo64
07-24-2011, 01:14 AM
My brother-in-law gave me his old .22 Glenfield Model 60 semi-auto. It hasn't been fired in about 10 years, and I was the person who fired it then. Last time I shot it, the gun was a little gummy, it would not cycle completely. When I work the action now it is sticky. Tomorrow I will take it apart for a good cleaning and then lube it up. I expect it will work find after that. Other than needing to be cleaned, the rifle is in good shape. It even comes with the original scope that was on the rifle when it was bought as a set. It is actually my first scope. I have always used open sights. We will see how I like that. Won't get to shoot it for a couple of weeks, but I will post a range report when I do. After I get it cleaned up I will post some pictures.

ltorlo64
07-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Here is a picture after I got it cleaned up. On the outside it was mostly dust. The action was gummed up with old oil and some burned powder. The barrel was clean though. The action cycles correctly now, or at least it seems to. I will know for sure when I take it to the range in a couple of weeks. The only problem I found was it appears to be missing a single screw. I will look around for a new one. It also does not come with a front sight. I have not decided if I want to get a new one or not. I plan on using this rifle to teach people to shoot, so I would like to have a front sight, but with the scope it is not entirely necessary.

http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/550/medium/100_1456.JPG