PDA

View Full Version : Whale Wars !

abpt1
07-13-2010, 10:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQPGy49Cw5E

El Jefe
07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
I personally wouldn't kill a whale and thinks it's BS that the Japanese harvest them for food under the guise of "research". But that said the sea shepherd fucks or whatever they're called are nothing but damned pirates or terrorists. I can't figure why the Japanese don't sink their ships and then shoot at the life rafts.

/rant off

abpt1
07-13-2010, 11:55 AM
I personally wouldn't kill a whale and thinks it's BS that the Japanese harvest them for food under the guise of "research". But that said the sea shepherd fucks or whatever they're called are nothing but damned pirates or terrorists. I can't figure why the Japanese don't sink their ships and then shoot at the life rafts.

/rant off

I completely agree with your statement !

renegadebuck
07-13-2010, 12:47 PM
I completely agree with your statement !

No doubt. If you don't want to eat the whale, don't. The best way to stop others from it is when they run out! :)

Broondog
07-13-2010, 01:55 PM
damn, i thought this thread was going to be about Gibby and Hondo.

:bolt:

L1A1Rocker
07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
A truely epic episode. That one rivels the pirate episode.

mriddick
07-13-2010, 05:21 PM
I wonder now that the Japanese have sunk one of the SS boats combined with the aspect of TV if things will ramp up? Nothing like Japanese and hippies killing themselves in cold water to get the ratings up...

At work there's a guy who's been out with the Sea Shepard, he's planning to go again in 2012. Besides being able to talk of only one topic (whales) he seems like a decent guy.

L1A1Rocker
07-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I wonder now that the Japanese have sunk one of the SS boats combined with the aspect of TV if things will ramp up? Nothing like Japanese and hippies killing themselves in cold water to get the ratings up...

At work there's a guy who's been out with the Sea Shepard, he's planning to go again in 2012. Besides being able to talk of only one topic (whales) he seems like a decent guy.

Are you referring to the Addy Gill being sunk? It never did actually go under, I think. But the Jap boat did not run her down. If you watch the video you can clearly see the the props on the Addy Gill are spun up putting it under the Jap whaler boat.

mriddick
07-13-2010, 05:34 PM
It finally sunk in heavy waves I have read, maybe they are just saying that so when it returns it's bigger news but as far as I know it sunk due to damage in the collision. Who is at fault I don't know, like I said it's Japanese VS hippies I find it hard to be too concerned over who losses and who wins. I figure as long as someone drowns we all win (yes I know so far no one has died) :)

wrangler100
07-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Japs need to run over all those hippy boats!

sniper_n_training
07-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Yup, one of their better episodes.

As for the hippies that run around on their little crusade to save whales, im waiting for the Japs to start harpooning and selling their useless, lifeless bodies for cheap pig slop. Thats about the only thing I think they would be useful for. My .02

TakeFive
07-14-2010, 12:18 PM
If you want to have some fun, here's the forum on the show: http://community.yourdiscovery.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/877103074

Personally, I think the sea shepards are all pirates who engage in terrorsim rather than seizing other vessels.