PDA

View Full Version : John Boehner needs to go.

L1A1Rocker
08-02-2011, 12:32 PM
He has shown that he is the wrong person for the job.

CigarGuy
08-02-2011, 01:11 PM

Just for the sake of "argument", I'll play......
So the House Pubs pass Cut, Cap and Balance. They send it to the Senate and Prince Harry tables it.
What should he have done next?

Warthogg
08-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Boehner is just a part of the problem that other parts of the same problem elected to lead them out of the problem they all created.

Wart

mriddick
08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Missing Queen Nancy already boys?

1 Patriot-of-many
08-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Just for the sake of "argument", I'll play......
So the House Pubs pass Cut, Cap and Balance. They send it to the Senate and Prince Harry tables it.
What should he have done next?

Stand firm? Do what we gave the R's power for? Say here's your bill, take it or leave it, we're adjourning. Without agreeing to it Senate, Obama, defacto balanced budget amendment anyway, saving our nation from bankruptcy. The choices in spending would've been in Obama's lap. My bet is Obama would've folded as well the democrats inside a month or two.

1 Patriot-of-many
08-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Missing Queen Nancy already boys?

Boehner must be. We sent them there to do their job. CUT THE SPENDING, BALANCE THE BUDGET. They did neither.

mriddick
08-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Boehner must be. We sent them there to do their job. CUT THE SPENDING, BALANCE THE BUDGET. They did neither.

Yeah but they came up with a darn good plan if someone wants to follow it 15 years from now...

gungorilla
08-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Politics as usual. Boehner don't give two shits about anyone else but himself and getting re-elected. He would have won my respect if he would have held firm but this just shows me what he's all about. Just makes me believe more and more that the politicians are all the same, whether they have an R behind their names or a D. All they want is more of your money and power to do whatever the hell they want to with it. They'll never shrink the size of the government.

blacksheep
08-02-2011, 05:07 PM

Kick the old guard out the fricken door, until we do that nothing changes for the good.

mriddick
08-02-2011, 05:15 PM
All this would mean a whole lot more if it wasn't for the fact that going by the law of averages 4 of us posting in this thread (so far) weren't collecting a gov't check in some way.

old Grump
08-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Some of us thought that before his first day on the floor but what you gonna do. A hard line fiscal conservative and true believer in the constitution like Ron Paul will never get the job. His ideas are way to practical and right thinking for Congress, you have to be a sleazy, weaselly slimy swaying with the polls wise guy. Boehner is acceptable to the rank and file Republicans who do not believe in a Republican form of government and until they and their Democratic Brothers are retired from politics he is as about as good as you can expect.

Schuetzenman
08-02-2011, 07:32 PM
I knew this is how it was going to go down. Why, because the real Conservatives that got elected last November are a minority group and there is control of only Congress, not the Senate and not the White House. So 2/3rds of the process are still Democraps and so I didn't exepect much different as an outcome.

Just remember, vote for Teap Party candidates in 2012 so we can take control of the senate. Maybe we will get lucky and get the White House as well.

1 Patriot-of-many
08-03-2011, 03:59 AM
Yeah but they came up with a darn good plan if someone wants to follow it 15 years from now...

SAY WHAT? In 10 years the national debt will be 24 TRILLION DOLLARS. The interest alone will be a trillion dollars a year. WTF are you talking about? The gov't still increases it's budget 7-8% every year.

mriddick
08-03-2011, 05:42 AM
SAY WHAT? In 10 years the national debt will be 24 TRILLION DOLLARS. The interest alone will be a trillion dollars a year. WTF are you talking about? The gov't still increases it's budget 7-8% every year.

Sarcasm, I take it you've missed the sarcasm... If they put the cuts in effect today they want 15 years out it might of made a difference, as it stands it's 15 years way too late.

tank_monkey
08-03-2011, 12:01 PM
He did what he could. The solution is NOT to shoot ourselves in the foot. The Republicans only control a third of the government here (as per the debt debate). They still have a hostile DEMOCRAT controlled SENATE and a hostile DEMOCRAT controlled White House.

Speaking as a staunch Republican, I find it astounding how many guys just can't see the big picture. They have to deal with the idiotic Democrats or Government shuts down. Period. All the chest pounding and blustering won't stop that. AND the Republicans will be BLAMED for it too! Remember how Gingrich and the Republicans got ALL THE FUCKING BLAME for the 1995 shutdown when it was BILL CLINTON who orchestrated it with the help of the Federal Employees unions!!!

The solution is simple. Now that we have a solid group of real conservative Republicans starting to get into office ala Tea Party Candidates, we need to give them the REINS!!!!!!!! Do your Damndest to make sure Republicans control the HOUSE AND THE SENATE AND THE WHITE HOUSE in the next election cycle. Then they won't have to 'negotiate' with the Democrats. Period. If they fuck up then, THEN it's time to seriously look at a third party.

As for RINOs. I'd rather have a RINO in a seat than GIVING the damned seat to a Democrat. Why? With (R)s in the majority we still control all the fucking committees !!!! Only an idiot can't see the advantage of that. So what if the RINO votes like a moron half of the time? If we have the right people in charge of the committees, the really bad laws (like gun control, etc.) don't ever get to the floor!!!!!!

Alas, it is a concept that seems to be above the heads of even right thinking folks.....

O.S.O.K.
08-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Paul Ryan would be a much better Speaker.

He would've told obummer and reid to stick it up their skinny sphincter holes.

The best thing for our country would have been to show the world that we have what it takes to make the needed corrections.

Now we look like bumbling idiots all happy with ourselves for achieving a "change in attitude" or whatever.

mriddick
08-03-2011, 01:19 PM
He did what he could. The solution is NOT to shoot ourselves in the foot. The Republicans only control a third of the government here (as per the debt debate). They still have a hostile DEMOCRAT controlled SENATE and a hostile DEMOCRAT controlled White House.

Speaking as a staunch Republican, I find it astounding how many guys just can't see the big picture. They have to deal with the idiotic Democrats or Government shuts down. Period. All the chest pounding and blustering won't stop that. AND the Republicans will be BLAMED for it too! Remember how Gingrich and the Republicans got ALL THE FUCKING BLAME for the 1995 shutdown when it was BILL CLINTON who orchestrated it with the help of the Federal Employees unions!!!

The solution is simple. Now that we have a solid group of real conservative Republicans starting to get into office ala Tea Party Candidates, we need to give them the REINS!!!!!!!! Do your Damndest to make sure Republicans control the HOUSE AND THE SENATE AND THE WHITE HOUSE in the next election cycle. Then they won't have to 'negotiate' with the Democrats. Period. If they fuck up then, THEN it's time to seriously look at a third party.

As for RINOs. I'd rather have a RINO in a seat than GIVING the damned seat to a Democrat. Why? With (R)s in the majority we still control all the fucking committees !!!! Only an idiot can't see the advantage of that. So what if the RINO votes like a moron half of the time? If we have the right people in charge of the committees, the really bad laws (like gun control, etc.) don't ever get to the floor!!!!!!

Alas, it is a concept that seems to be above the heads of even right thinking folks.....My complaint is more centered around the fix itself, alhtough I really don't blame Washington nearly as much as the people for the putting off of the fix for a generation ot so. I really get sick of listening to people I know collect a government check telling me everyone else but themselves need to cut back.

1 Patriot-of-many
08-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Sarcasm, I take it you've missed the sarcasm... If they put the cuts in effect today they want 15 years out it might of made a difference, as it stands it's 15 years way too late.

Yes I did sorry. You seemed to me to think the debt deal actually did anything.

Warthogg
08-04-2011, 05:19 PM
My complaint is more centered around the fix itself, alhtough I really don't blame Washington nearly as much as the people for the putting off of the fix for a generation ot so. I really get sick of listening to people I know collect a government check telling me everyone else but themselves need to cut back.

Oh how I wish you had gotten those food stamps.......sighhhhhhh.

Wart

mriddick
08-04-2011, 05:49 PM
What food stamps are you talking about? Is this you making something up in one thread then trying to pass it off in another again? :)

stevelyn
08-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Crybaby Boehner is speaker only because it's his turn. He certainly isn't qualified nor does he have any useful leadership qualities.