PDA

View Full Version : Its official. I hate my neighbors......

tank_monkey
08-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Previously, a nice QUIET East Indian family lived in the house with the back to my side fence in my back yard. They were quiet, neat and frankly, I never knew when they were in or not....

Within the last few months, a white blue collar family moved in. (a) they have a stupid dog that barks all the fucking time when they're not there and even when they ARE there (b) they have a 15 yr old son and an 18 yr old son and each son has a party of loud drunk kids for HIS OWN circle of friends. (c) these fuckers grill all the time, even until midnight, so my house is surrounded by thick smoke. I can't even open the fucking window to get some fresh air, they're always burning something!!!! My eyes burn and water when I step outside.

I don't think they're criminal or even bad people. But compared to the quiet mini forest I had in my backyard for decades, this sucks!

I'm going to have start organizing my OWN barbecues/grill parties with my gun totin friends, like I used to do years ago. We USED to eat, drink and clean (unloaded of course) our AKs and AR-15s while talking and listening to music. But I haven't had one of 'those' parties in a long time ..... :D

Schuetzenman
08-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Neighbors often suck. I really haven't had any that I ever liked.

Bluntforce
08-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Do you really want to advertise all that merchandise to two schmuck-ass teenagers?

Solidus-snake
08-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Do you really want to advertise all that merchandise to two schmuck-ass teenagers?

I gotta agree here. Teens today can't be trusted to even hold a paper sack, so I would be wary.

But by Jim id sure as hell blare the music and let the grill burn wild.

1 Patriot-of-many
08-06-2011, 03:33 AM
That's why I have 5 acres and live 5 miles from the nearest town.

tank_monkey
08-06-2011, 03:52 AM

Good point. Now I fully appreciate those who live FAR AWAY from the nearest annoyance ... I mean neighbor .... :D

mriddick
08-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Up till recently I had 3 houses I shuttled back and forth between, One house was in a middle class area of a small town in KY, one house is on a resort lake in KY, one house is in an urban area of a lower working class neighborhood in Ohio. Of all my houses the best neighbors by far are the ones in the lower working class neighborhood in Ohio... I would of never figured that.

With the house in the middle class town of KY dogs were a real problem, everyone it seems had to have one and they barked day in and day out. I started talking to neighbors about the noise and slowly they got rid of them but it took 3 years or so. On the resort lake my wife has had to seek legal help to quiet some neighbors. It's odd because that place is the highest cost house by far of the 3, I think it's because people spend so much they feel they can do anything I guess. At the Ohio house I think people don't have money for much, setting on your porch and talking seems to be the "big" thing to do, which thankfully is pretty quiet.

Have you tried talking to them?

RTBArms1603
08-06-2011, 07:12 AM
No noise Ordinance in your City? Ours is 10pm.
Underage Drinking Parties?
I think the Local LEO's would be interested in your Loud Smoky Neighbors.

Full Otto
08-06-2011, 07:27 AM
The underage drinking would be your best first effort to correct the problem.
If the police sit down the street waiting for them to leave drunk, it won't be long that the friends will want to find another place to party.
They wouldn't even know for sure who gave the tip if you maintain a low profile with them for now.

I live out in the country but my closest neighbor has a pond that attracts the occasional late night parties down toward my end of it. I leave them alone for the most part but when they don't start till after last call elsewhere I have called the sheriff.
They scattered in the field when he showed up and I went to talk to him letting him know who called and to give him a little backing. He took their keys which they left in the cars.
That was a few years ago but when it happened last year with a new generation I went over myself and just got a few smart ass looks till I mentioned that the sheriff's dept might be interested in waiting down the road at my place till they started leaving.
Got real quiet after that and they soon left

stinker
08-06-2011, 08:14 AM
If you want to drive the teens batshit nuts make sure you jam opera when you have your backyard party.

You could also put a personal mini wet bar where they can sneak and access it easily once they think the party is over and you're not looking. Make sure the only thing left on it is a strategically placed guiness draft tap that's tied directly into the septic system. :boozer:

f.b.l.p
08-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Hah!Opera may drive them Batshit Nuts,But throw a little Lawrence Welk on and watch them go into convulsions.

El Laton Caliente
08-06-2011, 10:35 AM
LOL, I have .45 tot'n "Buddy" on one side and except when we drink beer together I only hear him when he is shooting. The other side is a couple that have cattle and built a metal building after I bought my place. It is the only structure you can see from my property. They only show up every second or third weekend and I have to look for their truck to know they are there. Their handyman/hired hand tends the cattle once or twice a week and I don't know he is there except when he runs the tractor. My other neighbors are all a half mile or so down the road and give me garden veggies, sell shrimp and the one retired, inactive Marine I BBQ with and hang around him and our wives.

One 21 y/o neighborhood kid (neighborhood hood?) is the only trouble we've had and the Sheriff has him by the nap of the neck...

I like my neighbors...

FunkyPertwee
08-06-2011, 11:26 AM
The loudest things on my street are my guns, my dogs, and the neighbors cows. There are wild blacks (literally) less than a mile away, and the police don't respond to gunshots here.

When I hear hunting rifles, shotguns, and handguns going off around here, I step out back and bump fire a 30 rounder out of my Draco so nobody thinks we're pussies. :D

arcangel
08-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I say keep that low profile and bust their asses with the underage drinking issues. I have some ignorant assed neighbors, doing whatever they want whenever they want.

Meat-Hook
08-06-2011, 05:10 PM
TM,...I know EXACTLY, what you are going thru. I went thru 7 1/2 years of HELL, with my neighbors. Barking pitbulls 24/7. Begged them repeatedly. I got 100% ignored. BTW, this was a series of 3 renters. Renters are transient. They come and they go. You can bet they tormented the neighbors at their old house,..and the house before that,..and the house before that,.....and

heres the cool part,...the property owner! Its the actual property owner that is the root of this evil. These are the assholes that rent out the house to the loud, belligerent, trash. They take the rent money and move themselves into rich, yuppy tranquil neighborhoods. Far, far away the anarchy that they have inflicted on your life. They rent to the very trash that they themselves would never tolerate living next to them.

So those nice quiet east Indian folks,...were they renters too? or are they they actual property owners??

Heres how to fix this problem;;.......Get a camera and quietly video tape all this activity that is disturbing your peace. All hours of the day and night. Dont let them know. A picture really is worth more than a thousand words. They are Banking on the fact that you are not recording or documenting any of this. That way when all this comes to a head, you have no proof of anything. They will lie & deny all accusations and reduce it down to a he say-he say situation. Keep a log book of dates and times. If the police/fire/medical respond for any reason,..log it. Get the Incident number for your records. If you have other neighbors that you can trust, have them notify you of any incidents while your gone from your house.

Once you have spent several months gathering this evidence, now you unleash on them. One day I was looking thru the phone book and I stumbled across some lawyers who actually do this sort of thing. They sue property owners who are problems or their renters. It would be great to be a fly on the wall to see the expression on the property owners face when they open the envelope and see official letterhead from an attorney warning them they are about to be sued if they do not take action.

Once you strike at their money you will see change like youve never seen it before!!!! Because this is what all this is about. MONEY!

Do NOT, under any circumstances, hint, notify, display or flash your guns. 2 things may happen. 1. They will spin it around on you. They will now become the "victims" and you will become the "suspect". They will somehow find a reason to call the police on you. Once the police hear that 3 letter word,....g u n,..you will become the "person of interest". #2. Since we are talking about teenagers who are already into booze,..usually drugs arnt too far away. This will set you up for Burglary. And remember,...even if they were to get caught, If they are so much as one day under the age of 18 the courts treat them as just little innocent babies, not responsible for their actions. They will let them go with a slap on the wrist. If even that.

Do NOT,..get into any heated disputes with them because that is exactly what they want. Remember, people like this are "veterans". They know exactly how to play this game and make themselves the victim. They want to have "dirt" on you just in case you take action against them. As frustrating as it all is, dont fall into their trap. Just bide your time.

If you decide to warn them, remember to only speak to the adult man or woman of the house. Alone. Do NOT, speak to them with other family or friends nearby. And say absolutely nothing to the juveniles.

During peace time, the pen really is mightier than the sword. So this is the only way to put a stop to this. "Hoping" the police will stop it. Hoping the neighbors will suddenly become nice people. Hoping the bad neighbors will move out and good ones will move in. Im hear to tell you none of that is going to happen. Ive been thru it all.

I wish you the very best TM. Please keep us posted on this situation. I look forward to hearing that this problem has been resolved in the future.

slamfire51
08-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Hell, plant a meth lab in their garage then make a phone call..
They won't be there long.

coppertales
08-06-2011, 07:12 PM
they all have barking dogs and I sic animal control on them all the time......Dog owners just don't get it. We don't like listening to your dog bark.......chris3

old Grump
08-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Move into the woods....but not to close to me. You do not want an grumpy sum bitch like me for a neighbor. :anger:

Dieselbuilder
08-06-2011, 08:04 PM
they all have barking dogs and I sic animal control on them all the time......Dog owners just don't get it. We don't like listening to your dog bark.......chris3

I don't either, that is why I trained mine to only bark if it was something unusual and out of the ordinary happens, otherwise he is pretty quiet.

Solidus-snake
08-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't either, that is why I trained mine to only bark if it was something unusual and out of the ordinary happens, otherwise he is pretty quiet.

Same with mine.

ugaarguy
08-07-2011, 04:57 AM
For now I'm dealing with the stupid college kids in the nice, but cheap apartment complex here in town. Hopefully the VA will approve my disability claim soon. Then I'm outta here. I use huge duffle bags as range bags to urban camo my guns. My dog only barks when people knock on the door, which is fine with me.