PDA

View Full Version : Cannot remember this word.

Guns Network Staff
08-08-2011, 10:26 AM
What is the word that most news agencies use when the following happens?

Debating a topic and one side does not allow the other side to weigh in.

or

When a news anchor is trying debate for the other side of the coin and the guest does not allow the news anchor to get a word in.

I am looking for the word to describe this....

sevlex
08-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Filibuster?

Demagogue?

Richard Simmons
08-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Rude?

El Laton Caliente
08-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Talking over

Rush and other call them seminar speakers

Guns Network Staff
08-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Filibuster

stinker
08-08-2011, 11:01 AM
plowtalking

insider
08-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Bias?

mriddick
08-08-2011, 11:50 AM
MSNBC?

Kadmos
08-08-2011, 12:31 PM
MSNBC?

Fox?

Interrupt
Interpose
Intrude
Obtrude
Break in
Chisel in
Overtalk
Overspeak
Steamrolling

tank_monkey
08-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Fox?

I've seen you've drank the KOOLAID. You're confusing opinion shows like OReilly and Hannity with actual news shows on Fox. That's the INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY (yes I use that term a lot when talking about the left) used by most who slam Fox. And despite being a bit of a blowhards (You have nEVER SEEN CHRIS MATTHEWS or his ilk I take it!!!) at least guys like OReilly and Hannity actually HAVE the other side on their show. The leftist elistist media insult anyone right of center and do it with no opinion from the other side.

Kadmos
08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I've seen you've drank the KOOLAID. You're confusing opinion shows like OReilly and Hannity with actual news shows on Fox. That's the INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY (yes I use that term a lot when talking about the left) used by most who slam Fox. And despite being a bit of a blowhards (You have nEVER SEEN CHRIS MATTHEWS or his ilk I take it!!!) at least guys like OReilly and Hannity actually HAVE the other side on their show. The leftist elistist media insult anyone right of center and do it with no opinion from the other side.

A. It was a joke, so relax
B. Those shows you refer to are on Fox news channel
C. All TV and Radio "journalists/reporters" do it at some point, or to some degree, or constantly
D All of the abouve ;)

tank_monkey
08-08-2011, 01:53 PM
A. It was a joke, so relax (a rather dumb and unfunny one which makes no sense, but to be expected from liberals, sorry)
B. Those shows you refer to are on Fox news channel (Hardball with Chris Matthews is on Fox? What crack have YOU been smoking?)
C. All TV and Radio "journalists/reporters" do it at some point, or to some degree, or constantly (More apologies for the overbearing bias of the Liberal mainstream media. Yes, let us condemn bias by making a generic statement that 'everyone does it'.... that's the ticket)
D All of the abouve ;) Any man that can't spell "Above" properly puts me in the butt kicking mood!

Kadmos
08-08-2011, 02:22 PM
A. It was a joke, so relax (a rather dumb and unfunny one which makes no sense, but to be expected from liberals, sorry)
B. Those shows you refer to are on Fox news channel (Hardball with Chris Matthews is on Fox? What crack have YOU been smoking?)
C. All TV and Radio "journalists/reporters" do it at some point, or to some degree, or constantly (More apologies for the overbearing bias of the Liberal mainstream media. Yes, let us condemn bias by making a generic statement that 'everyone does it'.... that's the ticket)
D All of the abouve ;) Any man that can't spell "Above" properly puts me in the butt kicking mood!

A. Sorry you didn't get it, or think it was funny, hardly my fault. My point was people tend to think the other side is rude or biased, when the truth is it's both sides

B.
You're confusing opinion shows like OReilly and Hannity with actual news shows on Fox. ....I assumed you would be able to determine the relevant information yourself, I see I was mistaken.

C. The ability to overtalk is actually a somewhat important skill in reporters, of course you want them to answer the questions, but you also don't want the person being interviewed to deflect it and make a statement that doesn't answer it either, you have to press them. My point that everyone does it wasn't an apology, it was simple fact.

D. I spelled it that way on purpose, it's the way I learned it from a rather old English gentleman. I prefer it. Most people don't even notice, so it's never been an issue. I also tend to spell colour, honour, and humour as such. It's the way I learned them, and I usually ignore spell-checker's desire to change them.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word"-Andrew Jackson

mriddick
08-08-2011, 02:44 PM
You guys should know when I said MSNBC that was itself a joke, you're getting into a pissing contest over something meant in jest :)

Kadmos
08-08-2011, 03:05 PM
You guys should know when I said MSNBC that was itself a joke, you're getting into a pissing contest over something meant in jest :)

Yes, I understood that it was a joke, that's why I joked back ;)

slamfire51
08-08-2011, 05:47 PM
What is the word that most news agencies use when the following happens?

Debating a topic and one side does not allow the other side to weigh in.

or

When a news anchor is trying debate for the other side of the coin and the guest does not allow the news anchor to get a word in.

I am looking for the word to describe this....

"Wrong-Channel"

tank_monkey
08-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Yes, I understood that it was a joke, that's why I joked back ;)

Yeah, I'm sorry. I've been dealing with tons of LIBTARDS today! Put me in a bad mood .... scratch that. Put me in the same daily mood as Old Grump or Swampie! ;)

tank_monkey
08-08-2011, 08:45 PM
D. I spelled it that way on purpose, it's the way I learned it from a rather old English gentleman. I prefer it. Most people don't even notice, so it's never been an issue. I also tend to spell colour, honour, and humour as such. It's the way I learned them, and I usually ignore spell-checker's desire to change them.

And why would you INTENTIONALLY spell it in the olde UK way? We don't say aluminium, we say aluminum. Also I was schooled (for a short while) in ENGLAND. I know the differences but don't need to see Americans trying to be cute by being British. ;) You tosser! ;)

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word"-Andrew Jackson
Seems like Andrew Jackson has been superceded by Jesse Jackson. Just because some fellow thinks it's okay to spell ASK like "AXE", doesn't make it right. Also that quote rubs me the wrong way. It will inevitably be misused by all the idiots to DEFEND their misspellings rather than learn from their mistakes and correct themselves.

Kadmos
08-08-2011, 09:54 PM
And why would you INTENTIONALLY spell it in the olde UK way? We don't say aluminium, we say aluminum. Also I was schooled (for a short while) in ENGLAND. I know the differences but don't need to see Americans trying to be cute by being British. ;) You tosser! ;)

Not trying to be cute, or high and mighty, or anything like that. I do it for basically two reasons, first it's a habit and second to honour :) a kind man who gave a bad speller an extra bit of his time.

The really funny part, even to me, is "Abouve" isn't the old English way to spell it, it's just an incorrect spelling that caught on in some circles, I've known this for years now and still do it ;)

tank_monkey
08-08-2011, 10:00 PM
The really funny part, even to me, is "Abouve" isn't the old English way to spell it, it's just an incorrect spelling that caught on in some circles, I've known this for years now and still do it ;)

It's incorrect, thus it's wrong, thus it's IDIOTIC to do it. The inner city ghetto culture does it too. You going to defend ebonics?

BTW: I HATE the word IRREGARDLESS, because it's a made up word and worse, it's a DOUBLE NEGATIVE! But so many dipshits use it over and over and over again, it becomes part of the lexicon, even though NO dictionary on the planet recognizes it. It's either irrespective (without respect to) or regardless (without regards to), NOT irregardless (which means without without regards to.....) Again it's that English degree coming back to bite me. As well as studying as Oxford. :)

Kadmos
08-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Lol, really funny is that not but a week ago I was defending the word irregardless. I of course know full well the word is "incorrect", but I really like the word regardless ;) of that fact. My daughter took your position that it is incorrect and should never be used, while I argued that it is a useful word that can have great affect.

It was an excellent argument that began with "Dad, that's not a word" followed by "of course it's a word, you just heard me say it"

Thanks for reminding me of that, I've got a big grin now.

JTHunter
08-08-2011, 11:39 PM
The word "monopolizes" comes to mind.

tank_monkey
08-09-2011, 01:31 AM
Lol, really funny is that not but a week ago I was defending the word irregardless. I of course know full well the word is "incorrect", but I really like the word regardless ;) of that fact. My daughter took your position that it is incorrect and should never be used, while I argued that it is a useful word that can have great affect.

It was an excellent argument that began with "Dad, that's not a word" followed by "of course it's a word, you just heard me say it"

Thanks for reminding me of that, I've got a big grin now.

Wow! You're such a TURD! :D I guess pissing people off with illogic is a sport for Liberals! LOL!!!!!!!

Kadmos
08-09-2011, 01:42 AM
Wow! You're such a TURD! :D I guess pissing people off with illogic is a sport for Liberals! LOL!!!!!!!

My daughter claims I am the most infuriating person on the planet...but then again she is my daughter...

tank_monkey
08-09-2011, 01:48 AM
My daughter claims I am the most infuriating person on the planet...but then again she is my daughter...

Nope, I figure anyone who has to read your posts would side with your daughter! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Kadmos
08-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Nope, I figure anyone who has to read your posts would side with your daughter! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Probably true. At least people seem to put up with me...kinda... I haven't been banned, and she still calls, just not so often as I'd like :)

Of course my wife bailed though :( (not her mom BTW)