PDA

View Full Version : NCO Academy

F-16 CHIEF
08-08-2010, 08:16 PM
PASSED!

I did the correspondence course since I'm ANG. It's a bear. About 850 quesitons and only 92 questions. BUT, I passed it with an 87, so I'll take it.

Now, I wait for E-7. Hopefully it will come soon.

L1A1Rocker
08-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Great news!!!

btcave
08-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Congratulations! Being ARNG we have to do a 2 week course. I'm done with those thankfully.

Hope you get that E7 soon.

slamfire51
08-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Nice going!!!!

Congrats Chief.

swampdragon
08-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Way to go!

HDR
08-10-2010, 05:05 AM
Congratulations.

I made rank in Vietnam, so there wasn't a board. IMO, because you know what an NCO is expected to know we didn't there is a lot of value in those questions. Heck I still don't know what an NCO was expected to know.

lol

remy1492
08-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Man HDR took the road less traveled!

Congrats, pay raise!
ANG huh? Awesome, hopefully I will be aboard the ANG ranks soon.

I hear life there is better than AD.

HDR
08-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Man HDR took the road less traveled!

There probably was a reason.. ;) lol

F-16 CHIEF
08-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks everyone.

I had a talk with the CC and the NCOIC of our section. I have to be good for a while and mentor a young kid for a while before I get the stripe. I'm not really in support of this, but I understand. Hopefully I'll get it in the next couple of months.

I only have 3 years left, so this is it for me as far as rank goes.

Remy, get over here in the Guard. I was active, but this is much better IMO. More family atmosphere, still get to deploy and actual do your job, but you can still work a civvy job and make real money. I love it.

swampdragon
08-15-2010, 10:42 PM
There probably was a reason.. ;) lol

The easy way is always mined....

Prometheus168
08-15-2010, 10:44 PM
CONGRATS!!!

Just curious is this kinda like the BNCOC & ANCOC for the Air Force?

Rusty

HDR
08-21-2010, 09:09 AM
The easy way is always mined....

That depends on how stealthy sneaky one can be...

F-16 CHIEF
08-21-2010, 03:53 PM
CONGRATS!!!

Just curious is this kinda like the BNCOC & ANCOC for the Air Force?

Rusty

Help me out with this one Rusty. I don't know those.

Wait, I just looked it up. That's exactly what it is. ALS (Airman Leadership School) is so E-4's can become NCO's. NCO Academy is for NCO's so we can become Senior NCO's. There's another academy to become SNCO's. In the guard, you can take 2 by correspondence, but one must be in person. For me, I'd have to take SNCO academy to go to E-8, which will never happen. I'll retire a E-7.

goldsbu
10-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Help me out with this one Rusty. I don't know those.

Wait, I just looked it up. That's exactly what it is. ALS (Airman Leadership School) is so E-4's can become NCO's. NCO Academy is for NCO's so we can become Senior NCO's. There's another academy to become SNCO's. In the guard, you can take 2 by correspondence, but one must be in person. For me, I'd have to take SNCO academy to go to E-8, which will never happen. I'll retire a E-7.

Your lucky your unit is not as ChickenS!!! as the one I was in. You could take the correspondence course but our Chiefs Group was a bunch of martinets who wanted everyone to go. More than once I saw guys get back from Guard sheep herders school and get a quick education in the "you just did this to check a box" school of thought and told not to worry about actually using the education they received. But all in all the Guard was better than the Active Duty.