PDA

View Full Version : Need help with ID

wisecane
08-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Ok so I'm new to this forum and the world of AKs in general. I am looking at a under-folder from a collection. The previous owner is dead and the widow is not knowledgeable about rifles at all. Ok this is what I have:

There is a stamp on the upper that is the number 11 in a circle. Above and to the left of that is the letter M. To the right of the circled 11 is the following: 1979 CH29863. On the rear of the upper is the number 9863. I have not been able to find any other stampings or proof marks on the rifle. No caliber on the barrel, nothing. It is a 7.62. The wood on the forward part of the rifle is richly grained and heavy. The pistol grip is cheap looking and does not match the other wood at all. The stock folds under neatly.

The lower is much newer than the upper and stamped:

T15 Industries, LLC
Tampa, FL
Model: Zima
Cal: Multi
Ser No: 0027

I contacted this company and was told that only make about 100 lowers a year and never assemble complete rifles. I don't know anything about them, but the lower looked and felt "cheap". The safety works fine and the trigger works fine as well. The rifle shoots (I haven't taken it to the range to test it yet but I will maybe today).

My question is what can anyone tell me about this rifle, and where else should I be looking for ID marks?

Is it a piece of junk or worth buying?

I will try to get a pic up ASAP.

Thanks,
wisecane