PDA

View Full Version : Can I license a military truck for the road?

1 Patriot-of-many
08-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Anybody know if you can run a military truck on the road?
I found a couple good AM generals close by for sale, at a good price IMO, thinking of buying one if they can be licensed for the road, as I only have 5 acres to play with it on.

Schuetzenman
08-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Of course you can if it; has turn signals, brake lights, head lights and can pass emissions standards for your state.

O.S.O.K.
08-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Talk to LINX - he's got a couple of them and runs them with only military markings. In Texas, they don't have to be licensed if they are properly marked - or so I gather.

linx310
08-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Anybody know if you can run a military truck on the road?

Yeap. Depending on your state you may or may not have to run them with plates. In Texas you can register them as FMV (Former Military Vehicles) and you can use the original army markings.

Check out steelsoldiers.com for more info.

alismith
08-12-2011, 04:15 PM
The best thing to do is contact your DMV and get their rules and regs concerning the vehicle. In MD, if it passes state inspection, it's legal for the road with registration plates. If it's 20 yrs, or older, it qualifies for a Historic Plate and doesn't have to go through inspection to get the registration plates.

1 Patriot-of-many
08-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Yeap. Depending on your state you may or may not have to run them with plates. In Texas you can register them as FMV (Former Military Vehicles) and you can use the original army markings.

Tried they tell me I'm a spammer when I try to join.....WTF?

BISHOP
08-13-2011, 11:30 PM
One thing that I keep hearing is that if you don't have a title you can't register the vehicle.
The rumor is that none of the mlitary Hummers had titles in order to keep them out of civilian hands, or more likely, off the roads in civialin ownership.

This place has trucks for $150. http://www.govliquidation.com/

BISHOP

1 Patriot-of-many
08-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks Bishop. I think I'll give that a try rather than buy from the dealer I was looking at!

1 Patriot-of-many
08-15-2011, 03:17 AM

Do you have a M35?