PDA

View Full Version : teens shot in kcmo area near our new mayor

blobman
08-14-2011, 12:41 PM
theres a shoping district here in kansas city thats cateres to upscale shops and restaraunts etc.(its where the world famous? plaza lights are for the christmas season),they place lights along a square mile of shops etc.its a huge revenue maker for the local gov.
lately there have been flash mobs of teens showing up and starting trouble,fights,assaults,gun play etc. many locals called for curfews etc to stop these antics.our newly elected mayor was down there last night proclaiming that these kids need something else to do and said that their behaviour was nothing like the kids in philly,not really seeming to want to address the problem
fast forward a few hours and gunfire erupts causing his bodyguards to shove him to the ground.....so this morning hes thinking maybe a ccurfew doesnt sound so bad

Warthogg
08-14-2011, 12:48 PM
theres a shoping district here in kansas city thats cateres to upscale shops and restaraunts etc.(its where the world famous? plaza lights are for the christmas season),they place lights along a square mile of shops etc.its a huge revenue maker for the local gov.
lately there have been flash mobs of teens showing up and starting trouble,fights,assaults,gun play etc. many locals called for curfews etc to stop these antics.our newly elected mayor was down there last night proclaiming that these kids need something else to do and said that their behaviour was nothing like the kids in philly,not really seeming to want to address the problem
fast forward a few hours and gunfire erupts causing his bodyguards to shove him to the ground.....so this morning hes thinking maybe a ccurfew doesnt sound so bad

I can see your may-orr is a long range planner !!

Wart

O.S.O.K.
08-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Sly James... hmm, he's not a dimocrap is he?

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15263985/mayor-reviews-teen-curfew-to-control-crowds?clienttype=printable

Ruskiegunlover
08-14-2011, 05:09 PM
I am in wichita ks, and will be in ks in 2 weekends for the def lepard concert. Will also be back in ks over october 6/7th for my anniversary with my wife, and we plan on going to the plaza for the afternoon for lunch, before going to the haunted houses at worlds of fun. Guess I'll be carrying at the plaza (always do anyway).....

blobman
08-14-2011, 07:26 PM
cant believe these punks have crossed paths with a ccw citizen yet,although the plaza isnt yur carrying type crowd........cept for ruskie

Ruskiegunlover
08-14-2011, 07:27 PM
I've had my license since 07, and carried there several times. I had not heard about this yet....

arcangel
08-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Im just waiting to see how things play out when one of these mob/ gangs do meet up with someone carrying. It probably wont be good in the eyes of the media and democrats. That person will probably be hung by the balls, even though their reaction would most definatly be legal. The media will probably pull out the rasicm card and even the ages of the people in the mob. Id really like to see some crack down on these issues with gangs and mobs but nothing is really getting done over this.

Ruskiegunlover
08-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Not sure I care in the end. As long as what I do it defenseable, I don't care. I am not just going to shoot someone randomly. And if its a gang fight, not sure I am gonna get involved with that. Just let them send eachother to hell. It'd only be if I had clear proof (like witnessed the entire incident) that I'd get involved, or if someone tried to assault or rob me.

O.S.O.K.
08-15-2011, 08:49 AM
I'd personally only get involved if I were being attacked or if I were right there and they were beating someone to death - I would put a stop to that... it would be quite dangerous though as this would involve producing your gun and ordering people off of the victim - then you're surrouned by thugs, any of which might have a gun too...

But I don't think I could just watch or run away from a beating murder in progress if I were armed.

sevlex
08-15-2011, 10:07 AM
The Chimp-Out Summer continues....

Ruskiegunlover
08-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I agree to that. But if you hear gunfire some distance from you, I am unsure I would seek it out. If I saw someone being assaulted, especially by a number of people, I would draw and order it to stop. And if it were to continue, I would shoot someone. Try for a leg, or lower abdomen, but I'd put a stop to it. I would NOT want to kill anyone, just stop it.

But again, if it looks liek two gangs just allowing evolution to destroy them, let it be.

Ruskiegunlover
08-15-2011, 06:05 PM
is there any video of this happening?

blobman
08-17-2011, 07:42 PM
yeah ,id only gun for someone getting beatin,they can shoot each other all they want,,,,,,,,,,particxularly one of the POS palying the "knockout game"