PDA

View Full Version : This is how a good gun wholesaler does it...

O.S.O.K.
08-15-2011, 09:23 AM
This is the way Buds Gun Shop updates you on your order via email:

"Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Processing

The comments for your order are

We have received all the information we need to process your order. Thank you. Your order will ship within 3-7 business days.

*If you have ordered a firearm we will send a copy of our FFL to your dealer with the gun along with an invoice with your name and phone number on it.

You will also be receiving additional emails to update you on the progress as we continue to process and ship your order.

Thank you,

BudsGunShop.com

Please use the Contact Us feature on the website if you have questions about your order."

They really do a great job and make it easy to work with them and are obviously thinking of the dealer too - making it easy for them - which is really important when working with them.

If it's an easy and pain-free process, they will be much more likely to want to work with you again.

This is excactly how I want things to go with a wholesaler purchase.

slamfire51
08-15-2011, 05:17 PM
This is the way Buds Gun Shop updates you on your order via email:

"Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Processing

The comments for your order are

We have received all the information we need to process your order. Thank you. Your order will ship within 3-7 business days.

*If you have ordered a firearm we will send a copy of our FFL to your dealer with the gun along with an invoice with your name and phone number on it.

You will also be receiving additional emails to update you on the progress as we continue to process and ship your order.

Thank you,

BudsGunShop.com

Please use the Contact Us feature on the website if you have questions about your order."

They really do a great job and make it easy to work with them and are obviously thinking of the dealer too - making it easy for them - which is really important when working with them.

If it's an easy and pain-free process, they will be much more likely to want to work with you again.

This is excactly how I want things to go with a wholesaler purchase.

Info that I was never given.

Bud's is one wholesaler I'll NEVER order from again.

I ordered a CZ Rami from them a couple years ago. They gave me the same info they gave you. Expected delivery to my dealer was suppose to be in 2-3 days max. After a week, I called to find out where it was. They told me it was on the way and should have been at my dealer by now.
After 2 weeks I contacted them again, same story.
3 weeks passed and I'm really getting hot under the collar. 3-1/2 weeks+ in, I ask for a refund and file a claim with them. AH!!!! Then the miracles of miracles happen, just as soon as I file the claim with Bud's, the pistol shows up 2 days later.

30 days to deliver is beyond my comprehension. I think since they don't stock all the firearms they advertise, the pistol was ordered from a distributor and was probably back ordered, then sent out.

OSOK, I hope you have better luck than I.

Ruskiegunlover
08-15-2011, 05:45 PM
I am in wichita ks, ordered a mossberg 590 from them a couple months ago on a sunday, had the rifle by wednesday. Shot it the following weekend....I will order from them again doubtlessly.

abpt1
08-15-2011, 05:46 PM
IDK buds has done a good job for me I have had two or three orders with them no problems .....

FunkyPertwee
08-15-2011, 05:59 PM
I've ordered from Bud's a few times. It always went well, except it took about two weeks to ship my end of the cold war commemorative CZ-75b.

I just can't beat the convenience. I just shop like it Amazon, and it gets shipped to my dealer who lives right around the corner. Things like convenient gun shopping make me love America! :salute:

O.S.O.K.
08-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Wow slam - that sucks!

This is the third time that I've ordered from them. Previous two times it worked out just fine!

T2K
08-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Just ordered a CZ .22 rifle from them and it went well. I won an auction they had up on Gunbroker, realized that the rifle I ordered was wrong, emailed them, they were cool about switching, and all went well.

O.S.O.K.
08-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah, check their auctions for sure - you can sometimes get an even better price that way...

And just fyi - my rifle is now "IN SHIPPING" - Ordered on Sunday 8/14, so figure 8/15 as the first day and now it's in shipping - 8/18, so three, maybe four days to ship - not too bad and I can go onto the web site and check status any time - and they provide the tracking number when it ships.

Oh and I mispoke earlier - this is actually my sixth gun I've ordered from them - and all five previous transactions went smooth.

slamfire51
08-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Let us know when it arrives.

O.S.O.K.
08-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Let us know when it arrives.

:lool:

If they do OK on this, you should consider giving them another chance - maybe type in a note in the comments about giving them another chance - IIRC your bad deal with them was duing the obumer rush for guns wasn't it? Maybe they just got overwhelmed? Or does CRS strike again and I'm remembering wrong?

slamfire51
08-18-2011, 04:13 PM

If they do OK on this, you should consider giving them another chance - maybe type in a note in the comments about giving them another chance - IIRC your bad deal with them was duing the obumer rush for guns wasn't it? Maybe they just got overwhelmed? Or does CRS strike again and I'm remembering wrong?

Nope, it was during Bush's term, pre-Oduma.

O.S.O.K.
08-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Nope, it was during Bush's term, pre-Oduma.

OIC.

Well, maybe that was growing pains? Or something.

My first purchase with them was well after that.

slamfire51
08-18-2011, 04:33 PM

I might consider it if I could afford to buy a new/used gun.
Maybe someday.

O.S.O.K.
08-18-2011, 07:10 PM
:(

slamfire51
08-18-2011, 07:17 PM
:(

Exactly my thoughts.

O.S.O.K.
08-19-2011, 09:45 AM
I'ts shipped and they supplied a UPS tracking number. Should be to my dealer early next week. :)

I get all of this on their web site with no need for a phone call.

FunkyPertwee
08-19-2011, 10:55 AM
I'ts shipped and they supplied a UPS tracking number. Should be to my dealer early next week. :)

I get all of this on their web site with no need for a phone call.

Buying guns online is super easy and convenient for me, more so than driving out to a gun shop (my dealer lives in the next neighborhood over, my favorite shop is 30+ miles away and they're all overpriced).

The worse part is the wait.

slamfire51
08-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Buying guns online is super easy and convenient for me, more so than driving out to a gun shop (my dealer lives in the next neighborhood over, my favorite shop is 30+ miles away and they're all overpriced).

The worse part is the wait.

Yep, the "wait" is killer.

6gunsal
08-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Got my sig p6 from buds. They were about to run dry, so I called and talked to them a few times on the phone. He said they were swamped but would try their hardest to get me a good one.

Very pleasant people to deal with. Would do it again.