PDA

View Full Version : Slumming other forums and I found this...

AKTexas
08-09-2010, 09:34 AM
http://www.kushnapup.com/order

Bullpup Saiga kit.Looks interesting.

The cheesy video to go with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC-DLydbFQQ&feature=player_embedded

Moebrown20
08-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Hmmmmmm.........

http://www.kushnapup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/photo1.jpg

I did want a S-12.
For them to bullpup it with nice clean look makes me want it a bit more.

AKTexas
08-09-2010, 09:41 AM
The major appeal is it is drop in no conversion required.This is something right out of Terminator for the cool factor.Put a nasty looking Tromix brake and you have something very intimidating.

Edit:From what I can find this is still just vaporware.

slamfire51
08-09-2010, 10:44 AM
I like.
Makes a Saiga 12 a "must get".

El Laton Caliente
08-09-2010, 11:15 AM
OH HELL YEA!

Me want!

imanaknut
08-09-2010, 01:36 PM
As someone who likes bullpups, this looks like a must have!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Coolness factor way up there!!!:wootrock:

AKTexas
08-09-2010, 01:43 PM
As someone who likes bullpups, this looks like a must have!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Coolness factor way up there!!!:wootrock:

I figured this would turn your turnip.

Dr. Gonzo GED
08-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Oh hell yeah!

I can't wait to shuttle this hardware back to my shadow crew down in Chiba City. This break-down is just edge we need for our next run on those popsicle pushers down at Cryotech LLC.

FunkyPertwee
08-09-2010, 04:29 PM
:terminator:

RCS
08-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Pretty shitty video, but appealing nonetheless.

Any links to a main site? I'll do a quick search...

EDIT: http://www.kushnapup.com/order

Good God, $199! I would jump on that in a heartbeat.

Prometheus168
08-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Wonder if you can still use a drum with it?

Rusty

RJ Shooter
08-09-2010, 07:43 PM
I would like it a lot better if he didn't look like a gay-tard shooting it like that!!!

AK-J
08-09-2010, 07:44 PM

Rusty

They used a drum in the deminstration video.

Prometheus168
08-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Thats what I get for not watching the video

Rusty

Moebrown20
08-09-2010, 07:48 PM

Rusty

http://www.kushnapup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/photo2.jpg

RJ Shooter
08-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Other than that reciprocating bolt, right beside your cheek, I kinda like it...

AKTexas
08-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Found a different video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-1J5o0taeY&feature=player_embedded

RJ Shooter
08-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Found a different video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-1J5o0taeY&feature=player_embeddedI like the AUG style better... Seems like they have more recoil in bullpup config. But then again, both shooters in both videos are gay-tarded! :p

AKTexas
08-17-2010, 04:23 PM
He looks like he is getting tossed around pretty hard.

RJ Shooter
08-17-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.kushnapup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/home-kush-1.jpg

AKTexas
08-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Still just Vapor.

Moebrown20
10-13-2010, 11:28 AM
The ten round mag looks a bit long for it.
I wonder what the 8rd mag would look like?

DeadPool
10-13-2010, 06:34 PM
I came a little, sorry.

arcangel
10-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Im not really a fan of shotties but dayum! That thing is king shit on the badass facor.

blobman
10-14-2010, 09:08 PM
am i the only one who thinks bullpumps are gay,i guess they serve a purpose for vehicle/superclose quarters battle type ops.id take a aug type rifle ,but other than that iv never seen one that i desire.....just my opinion

RJ Shooter
10-14-2010, 09:14 PM
I don't like Peas or Watermelon. We each have tastes and preferences...

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-14-2010, 09:31 PM
I don't like Peas or Watermelon. We each have tastes and preferences...
I don;t like wattermelon either, it always hit the ground when I try to go prone...

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-14-2010, 09:32 PM
The ten round mag looks a bit long for it.
I wonder what the 8rd mag would look like?
Funk that mang! 20round drum, ALL THE WAY!!!!! :D

I am honesly thinking of getting a S-12, just so I can have the cyberpunk gun I dreamed of as a stupid nerdy boy...

AKTexas
10-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Funk that mang! 20round drum, ALL THE WAY!!!!! :D

I am honesly thinking of getting a S-12, just so I can have the cyberpunk gun I dreamed of as a stupid nerdy boy...

Guess you will have a purple moehawk as well to go with it?

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Guess you will have a purple moehawk as well to go with it?
Now that you mention it, Hell yeah! I might even weave some glow sticks into it.

And you know I'd only shoot it in my leather trenchcoat, with a blue tooth in my ear and some sweet mirror shades.

Heck, throw a red dot on that sucker and the future is now!

AKTexas
10-15-2010, 07:23 AM
Now that you mention it, Hell yeah! I might even weave some glow sticks into it.

And you know I'd only shoot it in my leather trenchcoat, with a blue tooth in my ear and some sweet mirror shades.

Heck, throw a red dot on that sucker and the future is now!

You paint the perfect image of a Street Samurai.

Sidartha
10-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Not without an unnecessary cyber-limb he doesn't.

Also awesome shotgun but, what do you mean by Vaporware?

AKTexas
10-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Not without an unnecessary cyber-limb he doesn't.

Also awesome shotgun but, what do you mean by Vaporware?

True he needs a cyber limb,or two...

I do not believe these have been released yet at the time of the original posting.I do see now you can place an order.I have not found any actually in hand.

Partisan1983
10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Bullpups are funny.....90% of the time they look horrible in pics, but when you get to see one and fondle her in real life, your opinion may change.

On the other hand...the reverse can be true also. I always though the FN2000 and P90 (the real deals, not the SA abortions gone wrong) looked cool...seeing 'em in person and getting a chance at "second base" closed that deal...."how's about fuck no" basically sums it up.

Now, I always thought the AUG's looked cool, when I finally got to fondle one years ago...they are even better !

For the "other" original bullpup....the FAMAS...I always thought it looked like shit in photos, but when I saw a preban in person (yes she was locked behind glass doors)...damn did she look good, and since then, I've always wondered how she "felt"

In other words bullpups are strange creature's....once you see it in person, as compared to pics, your opinion might change.....then if you get the chance to lay your hands upon her, your opinion could change again.

This is all IMHO

a-kmanator
10-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I can't believe it don't have a trigger guard.....future lawsuit in the making...get'em while you can guys:shss:

Partisan1983
10-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I can't believe it don't have a trigger guard.....future lawsuit in the making...get'em while you can guys:shss:

.....Neither does the FAMAS F2 ;)

raxar
10-15-2010, 02:50 PM
uh, so the spent 12 gauge shells get thrown out at AK speed right next to your arm?

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-15-2010, 03:05 PM
uh, so the spent 12 gauge shells get thrown out at AK speed right next to your arm?
Yeah, probably not an ideal set up for a lefty...

hazmat
10-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah, probably not an ideal set up for a lefty...

That would be a Negative, Ghostrider. Unless it's a ragtop model ala the AUG that can be turned around, us southpaws will always be on the outside looking in at the 'bullpup' phenomena.

Now, did anyone else think putting an EOTech on top of this thing was a little.........over the top, shall we say?

HDR
10-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Seems like they have more recoil in bullpup config.

and send it straight back?

Infidelski
11-30-2010, 10:14 PM
PREORDER UPDATE... looks like they are getting closer to reality... We'll see

As the end of 2010 is approaching the industry has gained some added innovation with some great new products to be available in 2011 as well as our own. We've also made our halfway mark of 500 orders!!! To those of you who have already ordered, your orders are secure. When we begin shipping you are already paid and don’t have to do anything else. For the few who may have a possible change in address we can place hold on your shipment or redirect it to where ever you need, it is not a problem. Everyone can expect to receive before we reach the 1,000 mark of pre orders. And after we ship out the first pre orders within the first 1,000 manufactured, the price of the remaining stocks (purchasing without production waiting time) will go back up to ((M)SRP)store retail value. So don’t miss out, production is accelerating.

When they're all done, all the preorders will all be delivered priority. An exact date will be specified when the molds have been finalized and we have our first injection unit. This won’t be until January (possibly late December)....

1 Patriot-of-many
12-01-2010, 12:37 PM

Rusty

It's gonna be a wierd firing position with a drum, getting your arm around it. I have a snail drum for an AR, and getting your arm around to the forearm is not normal.

AKTexas
12-01-2010, 12:40 PM
So has anyone here preordered?

abpt1
12-01-2010, 02:05 PM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh146/thevelveturd/MeRikey.jpg (http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh146/thevelveturd/MeRikey.jpg)

Infidelski
12-01-2010, 03:49 PM
So has anyone here preordered?

Went in with a friend for 2 units hence the email updates.

AKTexas
12-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Went in with a friend for 2 units hence the email updates.

Thanks for he updates,look forward to the product report.

Infidelski
01-29-2011, 12:52 PM
So by now everybody wants to know about ETA right? Well here it goes- In these past 2 months we’ve had a couple ups and downs (mostly ups). There were a couple of minor set backs that came up over December which has caused a slight delay. One of the problems was with a cnc welded part having a slight inconsistent scale so all of those had to be replaced and now any one of the 1,000 fits identically. This was the only problem other than everything else taking a bit longer than we expected. Shipping will occur during this spring. If something were to go wrong at this point the latest for shipping would be early this summer but we don’t foresee anything else in causing this. I'll keep you as well informed as I can.

The molds are still being tooled with some added reinforcements of internal semi-radiuses’ to strengthen all drafts on the inside of the stocks. In our mold the factory is adding hex nut static inserts on the outsides so you don’t have to insert the hex nuts 1 at a time yourselves with the possibility of losing any of them, they are now metal threading molded to the stock and they will prevent stripping of the threads if you were to screw directly into the plastic as some have had questions about. After all this we will have one last test of the production model you will be receiving which will take us only about 3 days. Everybody is getting anxious including me. I can't speed up this process any faster but I can prevent it from slowing down and it's still going smooth all the way.

AKTexas
01-29-2011, 04:16 PM
:thguns:

*GunNut*
01-29-2011, 08:58 PM
The recoil looks brutal!!

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-29-2011, 09:06 PM
The recoil looks brutal!!
Fortunately 12 gauge ammo comes in all kinds of loadings. From those cute little Aguila mini shells, to 3" Magnum hell beasts (for the discerning masochist)

AKTexas
01-29-2011, 09:29 PM
The guy in video does not how to shoot a 12 gauge.The Saiga-12 is mild even with magnums.

Dafapa
01-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Looks neat. Do you need to add conversion parts to make it "American"?

tank_monkey
01-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Looks neat. Do you need to add conversion parts to make it "American"?
This is definitely a concern for anyone, considering the recent ATF rumblings about sporting purposes of shotguns. Sure that was for import only, but you know they'll be looking closely at any UPDATED Saiga 12 to be 'kosher' per the 10 parts rule.

Infidelski
01-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Looks sporting enough to me...

Uh oh... is the bullpup pistol grip part of the butt-stock or hand-guard??? Magic 8 Ball says... "As I see it, yes" Let me try again... Answer "Dont Count on it" Ok OK 2 out of 3... "Ask again later" and there you have it an official ruling!

American Rage
01-30-2011, 01:38 PM
the kushnapup is badassed

get them while you can

i'll be stickin to my pumps

buy maybe someday i'll have a saiga 12:naughty:

rage

Infidelski
03-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Uh..Huh?.. well betting this gets freaky.. but we'll see... Summer is right around corner... Hope they ship!!!!

Latest update!

As you can all see we have reached nearly 1,000 orders and shipping is about to occur. In the meantime as supply inventory is being stocked this is a one time production run, (This is why we are manufacturing the highest quantity up front and making sure it runs smoothly), so order your stocks upfront while supply builds…

At this point in time if you risk transferring your Saiga to a gunsmith for them to legally possess, they may not be able to return it to you. Use caution and if presenting opinion about particular makes and models of firearm on public forums be polite, the ATF monitors and researches what is said. We are all leaders and all have families and moral standard which we follow. Our stocks are made in the USA and will be shipping before summer.

HDR
03-05-2011, 08:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SliIoQSJtQs

Newton's law "To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction"

:lool:

Infidelski
07-02-2011, 04:28 PM
here's the latest forward looking schedule from Kushnapup. With 2 on preorder I really hope this plan works.

All machining of 1,000 custom parts: DONE

All precision robotic welding of 1,000 customized parts: DONE

All packaging, 1,000 inserts and ship to information: READY

Mold texture samples: READY

All machining and tooling of molds:

July 29: Three molds completed and test shots started

Aug 10: Stock Left mold completed and test shots started

Aug 10th - 14th: Testing first jack hammer plastic injections

Full 1,000 injections of all parts for stock on 24 hour daily cycle:

1 minute per inject

1 minute per part quality inspected

1 minute packaging time

1 minute ship to address applied

1 day delivery, all pre orders to post office shipping out through 9am-5pm

2nd day delivery, all remaining pre orders to post office shipping out through 9am-5pm

This is going to be a close call folks so get yours while you can, it may be the last…

Infidelski
05-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Well Finally.... Yup Vaporware no more! Received shipping notification Monday and delivery this afternoon. Began fitting up an S12 this evening and so far so good, I'm going to need a butstock shoulder pad/plate extension and the linkage will likely need adjustment but linkage comes with adjustable spacers so it should be straight forward. First fitting took all of 20 minutes for disassembly and reassembly with the kush stock. Second fitting on S-x39 took less than 10 minutes. Right now I would rate this product an easy 4 out of 5 that is without having fired. Having never hacked my saigas these were worth the $199/each.

AKTexas
05-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Well Finally.... Yup Vaporware no more! Received shipping notification Monday and delivery this afternoon. Began fitting up an S12 this evening and so far so good, I'm going to need a butstock shoulder pad/plate extension and the linkage will likely need adjustment but linkage comes with adjustable spacers so it should be straight forward. First fitting took all of 20 minutes for disassembly and reassembly with the kush stock. Second fitting on S-x39 took less than 10 minutes. Right now I would rate this product an easy 4 out of 5 that is without having fired. Having never hacked my saigas these were worth the $199/each.

PICS!

Penguin
05-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Cool this is one of the very few bulpup conversions that I have seen pictures of where it looks well though out to me. The one big question I have on these is how does the safety work?

Infidelski
05-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Cool this is one of the very few bulpup conversions that I have seen pictures of where it looks well though out to me. The one big question I have on these is how does the safety work?

Safety works as normal, bolt hold open is full function, only con at this time is stock must come off to field strip i.e. remove receiver cover... Has well thought out forward linkage plunger to adjust gas port settings. Second con, instructions say to cut off the buttstock tangs, I shall not, hence my plan for 1/2" shoulder pad spacer, no big deal for me. Can't wait to field test these units but have feeling going to need gas tube top rail mount of some sort for sights or red dot.

I'll get some pics up this week/end for y'alls viewing pleasure...

Penguin
05-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Cool thanks for the info.

Infidelski
05-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Still working to figure out how to upload more than 2 pictures to gunsnet... Here is a sample, I'll get some detail pics up later.

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1417&d=1336785217

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1418&d=1336785217

THe butstock tangs that "need to be hack sawed off", I don't think so... Going to make spacer from black rubber recoil pads...

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1419&d=1336790326