PDA

View Full Version : Ivan speaks to us on Accessorizing AKs...

Lysander
08-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Good read:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7426/alt3z7.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8616/b4i14n.jpg

AKTexas
08-09-2010, 10:48 AM
That is a funny read.

FunkyPertwee
08-09-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't like to bubba up good guns either, but that guy is just an asshole.

ATAK, Inc.
08-09-2010, 11:13 AM
LOL! I like this Ivan guy! My philosophy has always been, if it came with it, or was designed for it, good to go. Guess I'm a purist when it comes to the AK (or SKS), but mine sport PK-A or Kobra optics, my NDM-86 has original scope, 1P21, Russian plastic furniture and bipod. The furthest I've gone is to convert my SAR-1 to a left folder and am going to build a Bulgy -74 with the left folder.
My M4gery might get a quad rail for a vert grip and light in the future, but stuff it was designed for, like the EOtech sitting on it.

My $6.6k PKM on the other hand is going to get a custom octagon rail so I can mount every conceivable piece of whatever on it for that bubba factor!

Actually, have been researching real hard on getting/fabbing a correct side rail for the PKM so I can use optics on it, like the 1P21 that was made for it!

mrkalashnikov
08-09-2010, 11:33 AM
"Ivan" is obviously no fan of Tapco, lol. :roflmao:

Bluntforce
08-09-2010, 11:37 AM
I have an odd obsession, I don't like to put anything on a weapon that increases its size. I put a scope on my M1A and it drives me apeshit. I like my PSL much better for long range work :losing-it:

I might put peep sights on my AKs (I put a target post front sight on my WASR) but I don't think I'll add any kung-fu grip dildos or the rails to attach them. I have an AK with the scope rail attached, I could foresee putting night vision on it, but only at night.

When I build an AR, I'll probably carry this obsession with me. It's not a case of K.I.S.S., wish it was, I just don't like things taking up more space than they should. I hate putting a flashlight on my pistol at night, LaserMax is the only lasersight I'd even consider.

slamfire51
08-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Ivan is bitching to the wrong add-on freaks.
He needs to preach to the guy who accessorized this one.
You guys on the old board remember this one.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Canis-latrans/gun.jpg

matshock
08-09-2010, 01:46 PM
I have an odd obsession, I don't like to put anything on a weapon that increases its size. I put a scope on my M1A and it drives me apeshit. I like my PSL much better for long range work :losing-it:

I might put peep sights on my AKs (I put a target post front sight on my WASR) but I don't think I'll add any kung-fu grip dildos or the rails to attach them. I have an AK with the scope rail attached, I could foresee putting night vision on it, but only at night.

When I build an AR, I'll probably carry this obsession with me. It's not a case of K.I.S.S., wish it was, I just don't like things taking up more space than they should. I hate putting a flashlight on my pistol at night, LaserMax is the only lasersight I'd even consider.

You're gonna hate ARs- you have to mount optics high just to use them.

I guess you could go with an A2...

deth502
08-09-2010, 02:50 PM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/deth502/AK.jpg

Dr. Gonzo GED
08-09-2010, 03:23 PM
:lool: I like this Ivan guy. He shoots from the hip. Like a Bubba witha a tapco'ed siminov.:lool:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/otto_rex/Russian2.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/otto_rex/tactical8vw.jpg

alismith
08-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Is for Printman to put goat tit on front foream of AK to grab hold so biggest side of barn he can hit. Bull gonad should be good for catching recoil if placed next to cheek. Mikhail laugh.:biggrina:

Blacksmith
08-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I found it entertaining. but Ivan is very narrow minded.
Several countries have adopted the AKM and modified it to fit their needs.
If I need one to shoot coyotes on my property, why would I not want a flashlight on it?
and I imagine he is really down on the Yugoslavians for modifying it to launch grenades.
and just to think about those Hungarians! how dare they shorten it and add a forward pistol grip.
:jerk-n-off:

AKTexas
08-09-2010, 03:49 PM
If I need one to shoot coyotes on my property, why would I not want a flashlight on it?
and I imagine he is really down on the Yugoslavians for modifying it to launch grenades.
and just to think about those Hungarians! how dare they shorten it and add a forward pistol grip.

I think it was more satirical than narrow mindedness.

Wait until my Vepr returns...I can here the geez what the hell groans lol.

Lysander
08-09-2010, 06:19 PM

*shakes his magic 8-Ball*

IVAN SAY YOU NEED FLASHLIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE WEAK AMERICAN IMPERALIST! IVAN LAUGH AT WANNABE TEXAN WHO SCARED OF DARK. TRUE SOVIET SUPER GUYS ONLY NEED MIKHAIL. WE HUNT SIBERIAN WOLVES WITH BOTTLE OF VODKA AND MAGAZINE WITH NO BULLETS. YOU NEED GUN TO KILL LITTLE AMERICAN PUPPY? IVAN LAUGH AT YOU!

mriddick
08-09-2010, 06:58 PM
I hate it when people hold back and don't say whats really on their minds...

Antixx
08-09-2010, 09:08 PM
LMFAO... So Lysander, do you hit up /k/ in between visits to /b/ or did you just happen to run into this?

remy1492
08-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Reminds me of the Armageddon movie and the cosmonaut.

Becaauz nooothing working en RUSSHEN spacee stashuuun!

Bluntforce
08-09-2010, 10:28 PM
You're gonna hate ARs- you have to mount optics high just to use them.

I guess you could go with an A2...

I actually have an AR 15-22 and find it somehow more interesting than the AKs. That's why I want to build a 223. It'll probably end up just taking up space somewhere but not bothering me. I have abandoned the .223 mostly but want to build an AR.

I know none of this makes sense.

Broondog
08-10-2010, 12:52 AM
that was great stuff! :lool: i like that guy.

and yes, printerman needs to read this thread. keep the AK simple.

Lysander
08-10-2010, 08:25 AM
LMFAO... So Lysander, do you hit up /k/ in between visits to /b/ or did you just happen to run into this?

Picked it up from another site, though I occasionally venture to where this was made. It's a...um...interesting place.

Partisan1983
08-10-2010, 10:16 AM
"In Soviet Russia, AK accessorizes you!"

:biggrina:

Bluntforce
08-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Is Ivan Volk?

Blacksmith
08-10-2010, 12:40 PM
I think it was more satirical than narrow mindedness.

Satirical is a more accurate description.

*shakes his magic 8-Ball*
:lool:

Is Ivan Volk?
I was thinking the same thing.
He sounded identical to this guy on a thread defending his mini bike against a bunch of Quad owners. :biggrina:

matshock
08-10-2010, 02:55 PM
I actually have an AR 15-22 and find it somehow more interesting than the AKs. That's why I want to build a 223. It'll probably end up just taking up space somewhere but not bothering me. I have abandoned the .223 mostly but want to build an AR.

I know none of this makes sense.

AR carbines seem like they could be a "do-it-all" weapon, don't they? All rolled into an 8-9 lb package.

I use mine with a single point sling and an Aimpoint 9000SC, then sling a Savage .308 hunting rifle over the opposite shoulder and practice transitions from 50 yard shots to 200 yard shots.

Then I wonder if I shouldn't just be using my A2- with some heavyweight match rounds it'd still be lethal at 200.

For me it's that 200 yard line- I just don't know if I'd ever need to cross it if I need to fight. If I do I want the Savage, and that means a lightweight carbine for closer work and if I don't I want the A2 for sake of only needing to manage one rifle.

I guess I've got every based covered at this point except real sniping/.50 cal anti-material and I'm out of time/money for those two.

So, yeah- nice to have the carbine around even if it's not my favorite.

O.S.O.K.
08-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I tend to agree with Ivan. But I'm a little more diplomatic about it. I wish I could cuss and speak poorly in Russian though... :D

alismith
08-10-2010, 07:35 PM
I tend to agree with Ivan. But I'm a little more diplomatic about it. I wish I could cuss and speak poorly in Russian though... :D

So do I.

Someone told me never to make fun of someone speaking broken English as they probably speak English better than I do their language. Made sense to me.

sisyphus
08-11-2010, 12:23 AM
That spiel sounds like it came from a comedy flick. Sure made me laugh.

I used to put all the usual crap on my SKS's until I realized how stupid it all was. The most I have now is a TechSight on one of my Chikomz and it works great.

One of my AK's has an ergo grip, birdcage F/H and receiver mounted TechSight. Seems to work better for me. The other one's gonna stay stock.

HDR
08-11-2010, 07:22 PM
"IVAN SAY YOU NEED FLASHLIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE WEAK AMERICAN IMPERALIST! IVAN LAUGH AT WANNABE TEXAN WHO SCARED OF DARK. TRUE SOVIET SUPER GUYS ONLY NEED MIKHAIL. WE HUNT SIBERIAN WOLVES WITH BOTTLE OF VODKA AND MAGAZINE WITH NO BULLETS. YOU NEED GUN TO KILL LITTLE AMERICAN PUPPY? IVAN LAUGH AT YOU! "

Perhaps Ivan is drunk as usual?