PDA

View Full Version : These people obvioulsy have never been to Louisiana...

O.S.O.K.
08-18-2011, 09:42 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mysterious-rodent-turns-225740879.html

There are so many of these in Louisiana that they have tried running recipe contests to get people interested in eating them so as to reduce the numbers... :lool:

You wouldn't think it would be hard to get a Cajun to eat a critter but times have changed...

Richard Simmons
08-18-2011, 10:08 AM
I thought the ones in LA were Nutria? Same thing though. Rodent is a rodent.

O.S.O.K.
08-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Oh - got me! I thought that nutia and capybara where the same animal - not! They are both from south america but the capybara are a bit larger. Nutria are destructive little critters and that's why LA would like less of them. They only get to around 40 pounds though I think....

blobman
08-20-2011, 04:08 PM
i remember watching dave attells comedy show on comdy central and he rode with a local; PD swat team in the back of a pickup shooting nutria with a suppressed 22,they were just spotlighting em on the banks of a canl within the city limits

O.S.O.K.
08-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Nutria are a big problem in Louisiana.

jojo
08-20-2011, 05:55 PM
i remember watching dave attells comedy show on comedy central and he rode with a local; PD swat team in the back of a pickup shooting nutria with a suppressed 22,they were just spotlighting em on the banks of a canal within the city limits

I remember seeing that and thinking, man I need that job.