PDA

View Full Version : In need of Gunsmith Referral Bulgarian Arsenal SLR-95

TRG
08-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Hi Guys (and Gals?)

I posted this over in the Gunsmithing corner as well...

I have a SLR-95 but it came without the scope mount side rail.

KVAR sells the correct part but I cannot find a gunsmith willing to install it in my area (Long Island, NY)

Can anyone recommend an AK qualified gunsmith I can send the rifle to?

I would like to be able to mount a POSP, or similar for that "authentic" feel.

Thanks!

T.

imanaknut
08-19-2011, 01:10 AM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

I will post this in both threads, but you will not like what I am going to say.

The SLR-95 is a fairly rare and highly sought after model. If you drill the receiver to install a side mount for a scope you will destroy the value of the rifle.

That said, it is your rifle and if you do want to install the mount, just remember what I said above if you ever decide to sell it.

That out of the way, where on the Island are you??? I was born in Brooklyn but spent a lot of time in both Hempstead and Old Bethpage. Used to live next to that golf course there and as a kid snuck onto it many times to have fun.

TRG
08-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the reply dude.

I'm not terribly concerned with the collectibility. My Dad gave it to me many years ago and I'm planning on keeping it for the duration.

Also, the SLR-95 was offered with the side mount as an option. It says so in the manual so it shouldnt be that big of a deal.

I would really like to talk to someone qualified to see what the cost would be.

Cheers

T

Izzy
09-05-2011, 04:19 PM
KEN KUBIN !

http://globalmilitarygunsmithing.com/

This man fixed the mistakes of others in one build , and made a perfect job of annother.

He KNOWS rivets, peening and anything AK(m).

Good prices too.

Goodman
12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
If you are still looking go to http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstparts.html and look around. Tantal has mounts you can easily install yourself if you are remotely comfortable with a ruler and drill.
To install, start with a six-pack, take two sips of the first beer, cypher it all and use a razor knife to make marks in the finish where your holes will be. Think it all through again. Worry some more. Take another small sip. Drill holes per the included instructions. Fasten the rail in place with the included self-tapping screws. Mount your optic. Realize you've just taken an hour to do a 5 minute job, but you've done it really well. Pat yourself on the back and drink the rest of your beers.