PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how this is done?

Sergi762
08-22-2011, 01:11 AM
to be specific chrome lining a barrel..
I mean I am familiar with the many ways a barrel can be made and quick searches confirm what I remembered but that is not too hard to find...
anyway my question is this: how is the chrome lining applied to the barrel? granted I am aware of sleeving I am almost certain it isn't applied electrolytically...but can someone here tell me how they are made?
all I know is after the chrome is applied it is heated in such a way as to bond it permanently to the barrel..but little actual process info so far..Help.. please?

old Grump
08-22-2011, 01:31 AM
to be specific chrome lining a barrel..
I mean I am familiar with the many ways a barrel can be made and quick searches confirm what I remembered but that is not too hard to find...
anyway my question is this: how is the chrome lining applied to the barrel? granted I am aware of sleeving I am almost certain it isn't applied electrolytically...but can someone here tell me how they are made?
all I know is after the chrome is applied it is heated in such a way as to bond it permanently to the barrel..but little actual process info so far..Help.. please?Read the article in this link: http://ammtiac.alionscience.com/pdf/AMPQ8_4ART08.pdf