PDA

View Full Version : Turned down muzzle threads...

Texas Soldado
08-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Looking for alternatives to attach a brake/flash suppressor. I have a Armory/ISD with muzzle threads machined down. My first idea is to JB Weld a brake on. TIG tack weld might be best but is more difficult and heat might cause a problem.

O.S.O.K.
08-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Not sure of that model but you could replace the front sight block with an AK-74 type that has the threads on it for that kind of brake...?

If you think I'm stalking you it's because I'm "mining" the "Whats New" list and your posts are coming up there. :)

Hope I've helped some.

Texas Soldado
08-24-2011, 01:47 PM
I believe its a '85'... got it on GunBroker and won't pick it up for another week. Front sight may be a better idea than JB Weld. I am hoping that Global will still be viable and can offer a suggestion. Won't know the answer until after Labor Day.

Texas Soldado
08-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Anyway, no worries re: you putting replies. I am here to 'mine' experience from those who know and have mucho AK experience. I am certainly familiar with AK's but I have limited experience with what's available to us at home. I have shopped for Bulgarian/Global/Armory because they formerly used 1.5mm (or 1.6mm) sheet steel in the receivers but I do not know if that was universal to Bulgy-made/imported receivers... I hope so. Guess I will find out when I pick up my 'new' used Global/Bulgy.

Texas Soldado
08-31-2011, 10:53 AM
KVAR has a front sight block (ak-142r) that needs a krink type flash hider (ak-134r) that looks like it may work. $190 for both, not counting shipping. All for 7.62x39, I am going to try that fix, plus it will look pretty good I think.