PDA

View Full Version : My first kalashnikov.

Reverend Blood
08-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Hey everyone. I'm new here. Long time "gun nut" but this is my first AK platform rifle. It's a WASR 10, and came from the dealer with full tapco furniture, including tapco trigger. My initial plan when shopping for the rifle was to get the "classic" ak, with all wood, but after shouldering several different variants, I came to the conclusion that I apparently have gorilla length arms, as ever variant other than the tapco folding stock didn't fit into my shoulder without my shoulder at an odd angle and my cheek weld being literally on top of the receiver. But anyway. Here she is:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15157224/New%20Folder/IMAG0502.jpg

Justin
08-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Congratulations on the rifle, and welcome to the AK club.

binky59
08-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Nice shooter, welcome to the fun side of shooting!

printerman
08-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Welcome , post well and post often !

O.S.O.K.
08-27-2011, 02:50 PM
:welcome: to the board.

If you decide to buy another one (and you will) we can point you to some "US/NATO" length buttstocks that will fit you better if you want a standard type stock.

imanaknut
08-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

Congrats on your first AK variant!!!!

If you want to install a wood stock set, Ironwood Designs makes a set with an "American" length buttstock. Most people don't realize that Mr. K designed his rifle with a shorter stock to allow easier shouldering in the Russian winter while wearing all that snow gear. Almost makes it a joke seeing it used in the desert!

Reverend Blood
08-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the welcomes all. The russian winter gear makes sense on the stocks. I'm getting used to the feel of this side folder, so I guess that means I'll have to buy another to go with wooden furniture options. Oh darn, poor me. lol